2013 GT - 2009-12 WRX comparison - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 GT - 2009-12 WRX comparison within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My first post on the forum..I too have a 06 Orange Uly with three hard bags and mine for sale.. ...

My first post on the forum..I too have a 06 Orange Uly with three hard bags and mine for sale.. I was thinking about buying the 2013 Mustang GT, I wanted the 420hp motor. They do run great..serious get-up and go. BUT.. I did not like the "old school" view from the drivers seat..looking over the very long hood and sitting so low that it was hard to see the front fender corners. The back seat is not for people..just not practical at all..just could not bring myself to go for it and I am a "Ford Man" too. So I am picking up a 2012 Silver WRX 5 door in a few days.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian8 View Post
    My first post on the forum..I too have a 06 Orange Uly with three hard bags and mine for sale.. I was thinking about buying the 2013 Mustang GT, I wanted the 420hp motor. They do run great..serious get-up and go. BUT.. I did not like the "old school" view from the drivers seat..looking over the very long hood and sitting so low that it was hard to see the front fender corners. The back seat is not for people..just not practical at all..just could not bring myself to go for it and I am a "Ford Man" too. So I am picking up a 2012 Silver WRX 5 door in a few days.
    I'm 6'1 and I have no trouble seeing over the hood. The seating position isn't very low at all, in fact I wish it did go a little lower. You can't really beat the visibility in a WRX though. You can't go wrong with the WRX good choice. I will say this though, it feels awesome to drive an American car built by union workers especially because my grandfather, uncle, and I are union members as well. There's a sense of pride I get from driving this car that I didn't get from WRX.

I Support ClubWRX
    Agreed about visibility with the new-gen Mustang. Our family minivan is far easier to "sound out" when negotiating a tight parking space. We've all become accustomed to a different shape of car...most American cars were like this back in the day.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    it feels awesome to drive an American car built by union workers especially because my grandfather, uncle, and I are union members as well. There's a sense of pride I get from driving this car that I didn't get from WRX.
    This is kind of how I feel about riding my Buell.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    [bites tongue so as not to comment on the reality of dealing with union workers in production environments over 2 decades]
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    [bites tongue so as not to comment on the reality of dealing with union workers in production environments over 2 decades]
    If I had a dime for every time I heard "I hate engineers" or "we don't need engineers" or "Engineers can't come in here and tell ME how to do MY job".... well you know the saying.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    If I had a dime for every time I heard "I hate engineers" or "we don't need engineers" or "Engineers can't come in here and tell ME how to do MY job".... well you know the saying.
    Fair enough. Sorry if I hit a nerve!
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Banned
    There are some bad unions out there, but there are more good ones than bad ones. It's the only thing keeping the middle class afloat. I work for a huge corporation which makes billions in yearly profits. Without a union they wouldn't give raises, so their profits would climb higher and higher as we become the working poor.

The company still sets very high standards and gets a very high volume of work out of every employee ( in my position) I just hate when people have the misconception that union workers sit on their ass all day, and can't be fired. I've seen plenty of guys get fired and or suspended for not meeting standards.

There are some bad unions out there, but there are more good ones than bad ones. It's the only thing keeping the middle class afloat. I work for a huge corporation which makes billions in yearly profits. Without a union they wouldn't give raises, so their profits would climb higher and higher as we become the working poor.

The company still sets very high standards and gets a very high volume of work out of every employee ( in my position) I just hate when people have the misconception that union workers sit on their ass all day, and can't be fired. I've seen plenty of guys get fired and or suspended for not meeting standards.
    I've seen lazy union workers sitting on their ass doing nothing. I've also seen lazy non-union workers sitting on their ass doing nothing. I'm sure it's more of a place by place issue, if an environment is created where people can get away with it then they will. I don't know that union vs non-union makes it more or less likely to have such an environment.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Without a union they wouldn't give raises, so their profits would climb higher and higher as we become the working poor.
    I can agree with this...my close friend is an operating engineer in construction and he said with the union, all the work that they do would just go to the highest bidder with the lowest pay for their workers. It would be mayhem.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    I've seen lazy union workers sitting on their ass doing nothing. I've also seen lazy non-union workers sitting on their ass doing nothing. I'm sure it's more of a place by place issue, if an environment is created where people can get away with it then they will. I don't know that union vs non-union makes it more or less likely to have such an environment.
    I'm non-union lazy and sitting on my ass right now on ClubDub Chat...so what's it to you?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I'm non-union lazy and sitting on my ass right now on ClubDub Chat...so what's it to you?
    I can't grudge you that. It's hard to work when you're daydreaming about gymnast's legs.
    - Will

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, folks that hail from union families tend to have strong feelings about it. I respect the feeling behind the rhetoric, however it doesn't change what I've observed doing machine installations in both union and non-union plants.

I feel bad for the union plant in Muncie, IN, where I installed 2 different production lines...STRONG union presence, grievances constantly posted, demands for constant raises, crazy benefits for longtermers, constant stoppage of their lines to have meetings, etc. When the overall company was bought out, the new owners looked at that plant, saw how inefficient they were by comparison to others, and closed them down. Hundreds of jobs simply vanished over a period of a few weeks. Yay, union.

Sorry to hurt feelings, but the experience of putting in a line in a non-union facility was nearly always smoother/quicker/more fun. Folks that are supposed to be helping you would simply disappear on a mandated union break for long periods of time, and as a non-union person I would be forbidden from plugging into the controller in an electrical panel that I designed. Everyone loses, because the entire endeavor cost more, took more time, and aggravated my coworkers.

You will also have a hard time convincing me that United Auto Workers is a great thing for America.
    I'm sure much of what you think about unions and their necessity was once very true. At this point, people aren't tied down to a geographical area so much, and options abound for those that aren't happy with their job.

Philosophically, I've always had a hard time with the idea that, as an American worker, I should blackmail as much as possible out of my employer. I'm more of an "individual with free will" kinda guy. If I hate my job, my boss, my working conditions, my salary, etc, I'll get off my butt and go find something better.

LOL, been a while since I ranted.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMNED KIDS
    That's all I got outta that...
    - Will

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    That's all I got outta that...
    EXACTLY!!
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.