2013 GT - 2009-12 WRX comparison - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 GT - 2009-12 WRX comparison within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Congrats on the new car! Here in WNY, I look at the pony cars, Camaro, Mustang, and my favorite, the ...

Congrats on the new car! Here in WNY, I look at the pony cars, Camaro, Mustang, and my favorite, the Challenger (I don't care if its slower, the rarity factor makes it 10x cooler, and its still faster than I need), but needing the AWD for the winter, plus having 4 real doors made the WRX a hard car to pass up.

I drove all of the listed cars, along with a few others... The WRX had the best balance to me. The Hemi R/T 6-Spd had the coolest retro feel to it though. Not the fastest, not the crispest, but something rarely Americana about it. Like riding my buddies BMW S1000RR then getting on my Buell, or my other buddies Harley Fat Bob, sure they aren't as fast, or crisp, but there's some character to it, and I didn't get that with the Stang. The Camaro just disappointed me all around... I really don't like the cartoonish styling, and the drive was just blah compared to the other cars.

The WRX won out for me due to versatility and practicality... And price, did I mention price?!?
    Last edited by MotorOilMcCall; 07-05-2012 at 12:24 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats on the new car! Here in WNY, I look at the pony cars, Camaro, Mustang, and my favorite, the Challenger (I don't care if its slower, the rarity factor makes it 10x cooler, and its still faster than I need), but needing the AWD for the winter, plus having 4 real doors made it a hard car to pass up.

I drove all of the listed cars, along with a few others... The WRX had the best balance to me. The Hemi R/T 6-Spd had the coolest retro feel to it though. Not the fastest, not the crispest, but something rarely Americana about it. Like riding my buddies BMW S1000RR then getting on my Buell, or my other buddies Harley Fat Bob, sure they aren't as fast, or crisp, but there's some character to it, and I didn't get that with the Stang. The Camaro just disappointed me all around... I really don't like the cartoonish styling, and the drive was just blah compared to the other cars.

The WRX won out for me due to versatility and practicality... And price, did I mention price?!?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorOilMcCall View Post
    getting on my Buell
    What Buell do you own?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

mm buell, fap.

I have a Uly. 2006, Race ECM, Jardine Pipe (modified), K&N with open airbox, Sportster Clutch, etc. Love the bike... It will hold its own with all my buddies on 600's and 1k's. They pull hard on the straights, but I get them right back at the corners (its all about balls anyway). Its not the fastest, or the crispest, but its super comfy for the long haul, I can throw soft luggage on it and ride for days, and my GF doesn't complain about riding on the back of it.

Now, if I had an extra $40K laying around, I would buy one of the new EBR 1190RS superbikes and show my buddies S1000RR what an American Sportbike is capable of!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    mm buell, fap.
    Not sure what that's supposed to mean...

Not sure what that's supposed to mean...
    I love em.

Former XB12X owner here, and I'd still be one if I had a bit better of a dealer network for parts. XB12S is still my dream bike, when i build a mancave I will have one in it.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I have a Uly. 2006, Race ECM, Jardine Pipe (modified), K&N with open airbox, Sportster Clutch, etc. Love the bike... It will hold its own with all my buddies on 600's and 1k's. They pull hard on the straights, but I get them right back at the corners (its all about balls anyway). Its not the fastest, or the crispest, but its super comfy for the long haul, I can throw soft luggage on it and ride for days, and my GF doesn't complain about riding on the back of it.

Now, if I had an extra $40K laying around, I would buy one of the new EBR 1190RS superbikes and show my buddies S1000RR what an American Sportbike is capable of!
    My XB12S

2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Nice. I'm on an XB12X as well... Barricade Orange. About 20K miles on it now. Doesn't look too fancy, actually I don't even have a pic of it on my work computer. Awesome bikes. Really thinking about finding an 1125R and putting a full fairing kit on it.

My old toy lineup, can even see the KLR there.

Then I trimmed down my toys and traded my buell on my ninja.

Almost identical to my Uly, besides your being newer... I ditched the hand gaurds, windshield, and mirrors. Put on a set of bar end mirrors instead. I also did the 2010 wheel upgrade, and the slip on. Love the bike. That Ninja looks pretty slick too!

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Ah yes...the art of making lots of noise. That's all these cars do. It's annoying if you ask me. It's loud and they look like they are going nowhere.
    Are you trying to say the new mustang is slow or subarus? Both are obnoxious with the wrong exhaust, the wrx isnt pulling mid 12s @ 110 stock either
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

I like your pros-cons, the most important thing to me about my WRX over buying some sort of muscle car was the symmetrical AWD. I live in alaska where we have 2 seasons, winter and midwinter, owning a car that is AWD is super important as a Mustang has so much back wheel torque I would drift around everything, unintentionally. But I am sure you don't face those problems as much in Cali

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshmath View Post
    I live in alaska where we have 2 seasons, winter and midwinter,
    Lol!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Joshmath View Post
    I like your pros-cons, the most important thing to me about my WRX over buying some sort of muscle car was the symmetrical AWD. I live in alaska where we have 2 seasons, winter and midwinter, owning a car that is AWD is super important as a Mustang has so much back wheel torque I would drift around everything, unintentionally. But I am sure you don't face those problems as much in Cali
    Having owned a Mustang in the winter was a major factor in me buying an AWD car..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast