A newbie With Questions

This is a discussion on A newbie With Questions within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm Sure as with most forums this type of question has been asked many a time before and I've seen ...

A newbie With Questions

I'm Sure as with most forums this type of question has been asked many a time before and I've seen a few in searching how ever nothing quite specific enough. Im trying to decide what car is best for my wife and myself we are going from two cars to one. were in-between a 2008 wrx wagon with a cobb stage1 tune. a 04-05 STi. Or a 03-06 G35. i know the g35 is a bit out there but I've always really admired all three of these cars and would like some great input about these three and what yall would buy for yourself!
    Thanks guys for your input!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    ehhh...

I would go after the 08 WRX. After having an 05 and 09 Now, there 08+ Cars are a much better build and its a more reasonable vehicle to drive than a G35 as well.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd buy an unmodified car with all receipts for service using authentic parts, after researching the reliability in Consumer Reports.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I hate to go against the WRX, but if you're going to have only one car, I'd go with the G35. It's going to be extremely reliable, not that the Subaru isn't, but Infiniti is just another level. My parents have had a G35X for a few years now and I never heard any complaints and it drives really nice.
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

Intresting its a tough call. i really liked the space i had in the WRX but i know with a turbo there will be more matinence. Also the G35 is 3 grand less than the wagon but the STi is about the same. sounds like no one is for the STi

I would put Subaru reliability above Infiniti's but that's just based on what I've owned (5 Subies) and seen (friends with Infiniti's). At the end of the day, most anything that has been taken care of should be reliable, so all things being equal I'd pick the most versatile for your needs.

G35. Unless your wife wants to auto cross with you

I Support ClubWRX
    I've owned two WRX's, and a 2005 G35 coupe. The G was a fine automobile, but wasn't a match for what I look for in a car, namely, lots of road feel, a fun powerband..I guess the best way to say it is that it wasn't "raw" enough for me.

You need to drive all of the cars in question to see what it is that you're looking for. A 2004 STi and a G35 are apples to dump trucks.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

so after doing some research it seems like the 09 is a way different car than the 08 is it worth waiting for one to come up to buy?

NEVER buy a modified car I was going to buy a used 2004 STI with 50k miles. It was lightly modded with an cobb intake and a catback exhaust. I ended up buying a WRX and have never looked back.

Also make sure that the car you buy especially a Subaru was maintained right and not driven hard by a previous owner.

I Support ClubWRX
    i would go for the older sti rather than an 08 wrx
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Dead thread. The original poster hasn't been active on the site in nearly 8 months.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon