So there are people out there like that...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44

This is a discussion on So there are people out there like that... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have read several threads with stories about some turd driving up and talking crap for no reason at all. ...

  1. #1
    Registered User wrx1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dover DE
    Posts
    620

    So there are people out there like that...

    I have read several threads with stories about some turd driving up and talking crap for no reason at all. I figured that 99% of them or people making it up because i couldn't imagine someone going out of their way and pulling up to another car just to talk trash... well it happen to me today.

    I pull up to a light there are about 5-6 cars ahead of me, i'm just sitting there waiting. In the left lane there are 2 cars so any cars coming up will pull ahead, i notice that a car is sitting next to me so i look over and its a newer mustang not the 5.0.

    The guy: turbo?
    Me: I nod yes
    The guy: I had a 2011 just like that
    Me: This is 2009, i thought the 2011 was wide body

    -At this point i just thought the guy was just saying hey i use to have a WRX which is cool.

    The guy: Ya i blew both my cats, and my clutch they are pieces of ****

    Me: I didn't really know what to say since i was thinking wow what a turd so all i could say was "sounds like driver error"

    Light turned green and he gunned it since he had a gap ahead of him, it took everything i had to just stay in my lane and not blow by him... but like a big boy i set the CC and kept going.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User Sanala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    60
    Hehe, I encounter this in a more subtle way.

    Sometimes, I do some night time cruising just to relax and think on the day and the days ahead of me, and I will get people who come up to me and just rev their engines. Others will just look at me until I acknowledge them (or not).

    It's difficult, but I've learned to simply let it go and let them be asinine in front of everyone. I haven't had anyone harass me verbally, though.

  4. #3
    Registered User Stawgn10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    153
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have had a few pull up beside me and rev their engines or go by then slow down, speed up go by then slow down and even one take off while I was passing them on the highway. Oh well, to each their own. I still have a hard time getting other subie owners to wave back.
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

  5. #4
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,531
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234 View Post
    I have read several threads with stories about some turd driving up and talking crap for no reason at all. I figured that 99% of them or people making it up because i couldn't imagine someone going out of their way and pulling up to another car just to talk trash... well it happen to me today.

    I pull up to a light there are about 5-6 cars ahead of me, i'm just sitting there waiting. In the left lane there are 2 cars so any cars coming up will pull ahead, i notice that a car is sitting next to me so i look over and its a newer mustang not the 5.0.

    The guy: turbo?
    Me: I nod yes
    The guy: I had a 2011 just like that
    Me: This is 2009, i thought the 2011 was wide body

    -At this point i just thought the guy was just saying hey i use to have a WRX which is cool.

    The guy: Ya i blew both my cats, and my clutch they are pieces of ****

    Me: I didn't really know what to say since i was thinking wow what a turd so all i could say was "sounds like driver error"

    Light turned green and he gunned it since he had a gap ahead of him, it took everything i had to just stay in my lane and not blow by him... but like a big boy i set the CC and kept going.
    A true automotive enthusiast will find the things they like about a car and comment on them. The ones that just talk smack probably need some form of self validation, it's better just to let it go

    Quote Originally Posted by Stawgn10 View Post
    I have had a few pull up beside me and rev their engines or go by then slow down, speed up go by then slow down and even one take off while I was passing them on the highway. Oh well, to each their own. I still have a hard time getting other subie owners to wave back.
    This never happens to me. If it does I probably don't notice. I'm too busy driving to care.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  6. #5
    Registered User Hung_Wei_Lo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    252
    I don't think I'm the center of attention so if someone is driving fast past me, I just assume they're just driving fast or just happened to rev their engine while close to me. I never assume it's because of what I'm driving.

  7. #6
    Registered User Jonny1106's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    263
    I get the same thing while driving my cummins. Its mostly chevy guys but I just let them go on by and waste all their gas or diesel. And I just smile as they go by.

  8. #7
    ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    3,983
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanala View Post
    Hehe, I encounter this in a more subtle way.

    Sometimes, I do some night time cruising just to relax and think on the day and the days ahead of me, and I will get people who come up to me and just rev their engines. Others will just look at me until I acknowledge them (or not).

    It's difficult, but I've learned to simply let it go and let them be asinine in front of everyone. I haven't had anyone harass me verbally, though.
    Asinine! Asiten! Aiseleven!

    (wonder if anyone will get that reference)
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

  9. #8
    Registered User Jonny1106's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    263
    Now that I have my wrx, all I get are guys trying to race. It drives me insane!
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

  10. #9
    Supporting Member Chibi WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    394
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I have noticed the same thing. I haven't had anyone talk to me just the engine rev stuff and take off.
    I never race them I just sit back and laugh to myself as they take off crazy.
    One day they will get that nice big ticket.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

  11. #10
    Registered User Killerkanadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny1106 View Post
    I get the same thing while driving my cummins. Its mostly chevy guys but I just let them go on by and waste all their gas or diesel. And I just smile as they go by.
    Yeah some of them just love to blow black smoke over anybody for anything.

    Not gonna lie, it was fun when I drove my friends cummins with his bullydog chip, but I never tried to be a **** about it.

  12. #11
    Registered User Jonny1106's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerkanadian View Post
    Yeah some of them just love to blow black smoke over anybody for anything.

    Not gonna lie, it was fun when I drove my friends cummins with his bullydog chip, but I never tried to be a **** about it.
    O yeah man. I love my cummins too, but I'm liking my my new wrx a little more

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

  13. #12
    Registered User teflon_jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    8000' up in Colorado
    Posts
    6,753
    I was driving home from my buddy's house on the 4th on Wadsworth in Denver (big main road that's 2-4 lanes depending where you are on it) and these two 40ish year old guys on bikes came up fast and passed me. I was behind them at the next light and they gunned it off the line, and were in general driving through traffic very aggressively. There's a ton of lights on the road though and I kept catching up to them when they kept hitting reds, and they kept gunning it every time a light turned green. After about the 5th light I was in the left lane and they were in the middle, and one of the guys looks over at me and gives me some kind of hand signal and a chin jerk that obviously meant "Wanna race?" I'll admit childish impulses got the better of me and the road was empty for a half mile ahead of us so I shrugged and nodded at the guy. He turned to his buddy and said something but all I heard was "The guy in the Porsche." He and his buddy took off when the light changed. I easily killed them up through about 2/3 of redline in 3rd before I shut it down. I'm too old for this crap. They gave me a friendly wave and nod as I turned off shortly after that to get on the highway.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

  14. #13
    Registered User Jonny1106's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I was driving home from my buddy's house on the 4th on Wadsworth in Denver (big main road that's 2-4 lanes depending where you are on it) and these two 40ish year old guys on bikes came up fast and passed me. I was behind them at the next light and they gunned it off the line, and were in general driving through traffic very aggressively. There's a ton of lights on the road though and I kept catching up to them when they kept hitting reds, and they kept gunning it every time a light turned green. After about the 5th light I was in the left lane and they were in the middle, and one of the guys looks over at me and gives me some kind of hand signal and a chin jerk that obviously meant "Wanna race?" I'll admit childish impulses got the better of me and the road was empty for a half mile ahead of us so I shrugged and nodded at the guy. He turned to his buddy and said something but all I heard was "The guy in the Porsche." He and his buddy took off when the light changed. I easily killed them up through about 2/3 of redline in 3rd before I shut it down. I'm too old for this crap. They gave me a friendly wave and nod as I turned off shortly after that to get on the highway.
    I think I hate motorcyclists the most. They always complain to share the road, but are always the ones hogging the road and driving wreck less. And the guys with the loud A pipes... DORKS!!!. Lol



    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

  15. #14
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,970
    I Support ClubWRX
    When do motorcyclists complain to share the road? Are you confusing with bicyclists?
    Like with cars, there are good drivers and bad.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  16. #15
    Registered User Jonny1106's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    When do motorcyclists complain to share the road? Are you confusing with bicyclists?
    Like with cars, there are good drivers and bad.
    No. There are always adds say share the road, watch for us, its our road too. At least here in Albuquerque where there are horrid drivers on motorcyclist, and car drivers

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •