So there are people out there like that... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on So there are people out there like that... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Interesting. It was never an issue for me during my sport bike days. Bikes are so quick that you can ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Interesting. It was never an issue for me during my sport bike days. Bikes are so quick that you can pretty much insert yourself into whatever space is available.
    My observation has been that the sportbike guys are usually younger and riskier, and the Harley folks, though I'm certainly not into Harleys, drive in a more conservative fashion. Is that what you've seen?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Here in PA its the other way around. The sport bike guys don't bother me cause they just fly by and are gone haha its the harley guys that think they own the damn road...look at me with my bandana and tats...I own this Mofo road...it gets old after awhile...there have been times where my waste gate gets louder then their pipes though....just saying...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I was driving home from my buddy's house on the 4th on Wadsworth in Denver (big main road that's 2-4 lanes depending where you are on it) and these two 40ish year old guys on bikes came up fast and passed me. I was behind them at the next light and they gunned it off the line, and were in general driving through traffic very aggressively. There's a ton of lights on the road though and I kept catching up to them when they kept hitting reds, and they kept gunning it every time a light turned green. After about the 5th light I was in the left lane and they were in the middle, and one of the guys looks over at me and gives me some kind of hand signal and a chin jerk that obviously meant "Wanna race?" I'll admit childish impulses got the better of me and the road was empty for a half mile ahead of us so I shrugged and nodded at the guy. He turned to his buddy and said something but all I heard was "The guy in the Porsche." He and his buddy took off when the light changed. I easily killed them up through about 2/3 of redline in 3rd before I shut it down. I'm too old for this crap. They gave me a friendly wave and nod as I turned off shortly after that to get on the highway.
    Ballsy around here with the exhibition of speed laws which are pretty much a life-ruiner with what seems to be little evidence or even speed needed to have it thrown at you. Co-worker is gearing up to fight this for being heard,not seen accelerating on his slow harley.

And speaking of wadsworth I was pulled over at 93 & 72'nd last Sunday for running from the cops at 88 & wads. Fortunately, I wasn't actually there and my phone that tracks my location could show that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny1106 View Post
    I think I hate motorcyclists the most. They always complain to share the road, but are always the ones hogging the road and driving wreck less. And the guys with the loud A pipes... DORKS!!!. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny1106 View Post
    No. There are always adds say share the road, watch for us, its our road too. At least here in Albuquerque where there are horrid drivers on motorcyclist, and car drivers

I've seen the "Share the road" stuff for the bicycle guys, are you confusing it with the "Start Seeing Motorcycles" stickers?

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    My observation has been that the sportbike guys are usually younger and riskier, and the Harley folks, though I'm certainly not into Harleys, drive in a more conservative fashion. Is that what you've seen?
    +1 the guys who can zip in and out quickly, do.

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Here in PA its the other way around. The sport bike guys don't bother me cause they just fly by and are gone haha its the harley guys that think they own the damn road...look at me with my bandana and tats...I own this Mofo road...it gets old after awhile...there have been times where my waste gate gets louder then their pipes though....just saying...
    Assless chaps and whatnot as well.

Just think, in 20 years it will be our kids saying the same thing about guys wearing flatbrimmed hats, bro-white glasses, monster gear, and star tattoos everywhere.

My only real 'meh'is the people who think they become an outlaw when they take off their CPA outfit and put on some leather. I actually saw someone wearing a Sons Of Anarchy vest which invoked a bit of lol.

Kind of funny, today I stopped to help out someone broken down on the side of the road and in the two hours it took us to get the bike running again, with hundreds of harleys having passed us by, the only other person who stopped was an old man and his wife because he just so happened to have a toolbox in the bed of his truck. Found the wire that had rubbed raw and was shorting out, got em rolling just in time to get hailed on while riding.

I Support ClubWRX
    There are always lots of biker groups on the coastal highways in Oregon, both Harleys and sport bikes. Never had a problem with them. The Harley guys especially seem to just enjoy themselves and keep pace with traffic, but aren't aggressive by any means.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Kind of funny, today I stopped to help out someone broken down on the side of the road and in the two hours it took us to get the bike running again, with hundreds of harleys having passed us by, the only other person who stopped was an old man and his wife because he just so happened to have a toolbox in the bed of his truck. Found the wire that had rubbed raw and was shorting out, got em rolling just in time to get hailed on while riding.
    Good on you for stopping to help. I used to do It more often, but have become distrustful over the years.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I think its mainly the harley guys here i n New Mexico. I have no problem with the little rocket kids. I just wish them the best and hope they don't get hurt. I always wanted one I just figured I would stick with wide open sandy areas.

2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Good on you for stopping to help. I used to do It more often, but have become distrustful over the years.
    I do it a lot, to the point that my mother didn't want to know when I did it anymore as it scared her a lot, but really the people on the side of the road are more worried someone like me is going to come along than I am worried about someone like them. Imagine how ****ty this world would be if nobody ever went out of their way to help someone else.

I Support ClubWRX
    Agreed.

Years back, there was a rash of roadside robberies here in NC, nice folks that would feign a breakdown, and then carjack the poor soul that stopped to help. Violence was also involved, in some cases. It made me more selective about who I stop for...and that's a shame.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 07-15-2012 at 09:35 AM.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I have noticed this my car is better, faster, etc. behavior with many cars I have owned. When driving a fast car, you know you've got the goods anytime you need them. I think some people feel the need to prove that their car is better than yours. I appreciate all fast cars. I don't feel the need to prove anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    I have noticed this my car is better, faster, etc. behavior with many cars I have owned. When driving a fast car, you know you've got the goods anytime you need them. I think some people feel the need to prove that their car is better than yours. I appreciate all fast cars. I don't feel the need to prove anything.

**** measuring is common in life. Especially when you're young. . .

Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234 View Post
    I pull up to a light there are about 5-6 cars ahead of me, i'm just sitting there waiting. In the left lane there are 2 cars so any cars coming up will pull ahead, i notice that a car is sitting next to me so i look over and its a newer mustang not the 5.0.
    The only time someone stopped right next to me when they could have pulled up further, he just asked how much I pay for insurance. A much more pleasant scenario I'd say.

Can't say I've ever had anyone want to race me/act like a turd/etc... I did have a guy in some old muscle car heading the opposite direction give me a thumbs down one time, but that's about as close as I've come to negative attention in my car.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

I get alot of people telling me nice car where I live. It seems like alot of people actually know about the WRX out here. Whats interesting is either people totally love the car and compliment me, or they have no idea what it is at all. So far after 2 months with the car I havent had anyone give me attention on the road or ask me to race though. It will be hard to resist launching but i promised myself i wouldnt for a long time!

I had a guy in a newer Corvette pull up beside me on MD 32 and want to have a run. I only had 75 miles on the car at that time, and 32 is a bad place to do that. It's very heavily patroled and I'm not a big fan of tickets or court dates.

I just gave him a thumbs up and he waived, then went on down the road.

I don't have a problem with giving someone a friendly run, lots of times I've run into people that are just curious to how the cars compare. Choosing the right time and place is important also....I don't want to put others at risk in the process. The agressive sort looking for some kind of ego boost are the ones I avoid.

Almost 1.5 years of owning a current gen WRX/STI, and I've had a number of folks try and race me. I've had a mix of Mustang, BMW, Mercedes, and Audi's all act aggresively around me, but overall Audi's seem to cause the most trouble (in volume and aggression). In my first day of owning my current car I passed an Audi going in a different direction and got a middle finger for no reason. I have yet to have anyone verbally go after me though.

As for motorcycles, around here the Harley's are not an issue but sport bikes are a minor one. Harley's will go with the flow of traffic but sport bikes will tailgate on the freeway and generally swerve in and out of traffic while going 80+.

Lastly, Bicyclists are the worst around here. There seems to be a consensus among bikers here that they do not have to obey red lights or stop signs. I see 10-15 bikers daily and I've only seen 1 instance in the last year of a biker actually stopping at a traffic device. They also tend to ride in pairs, side by side in the driving lanes, on roads with 40+ speed limits.
    2012 PBP Limited STI
    2002 Aspen White WRX Wagon, Stage 1

I generally hate these threads. But honestly, I see more slammed/poked/stanced idiot GTI owners trying to entice me to race and carry out the general asshatery.

Scroll up though...BrianH said it best...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast