srt4 vs wrx, s2k, c6 and 3 mustangs.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on srt4 vs wrx, s2k, c6 and 3 mustangs. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; if your not into street racing don't read any further. if you enjoy a spirited sprint in a non reckless ...

srt4 vs wrx, s2k, c6 and 3 mustangs.

if your not into street racing don't read any further. if you enjoy a spirited sprint in a non reckless manor please continue.

if you've never gone down to the ocean city Maryland cruise weekend you should. it's twice a year show and is mostly for pre 72 cars and trucks. but it ends up being 10,000 cars and people of all walks. i encourage everyone to go at least once. the people are usually friendly and let you get in to some quick light to light "races" quite often. no serious business, just fun. (fyi my car is 370whp @18psi pump gas and a daily driver)

on the way into town Thursday night i ran into a new 5.0 mustang. i found out later he had i/e and tune on drag radials. his car sounded great. i saw him a head a few cars romping around showing off that high reving small block. i caught up to him, gave him a thumbs up as did he in return. i was waiting in 2nd at 30mph or so when he laid into it. he jumped out a car as i spun through 2nd, shifted into 3rd and we let out around 80. me a car length back.

the next day same scenario but this time it was a 2010 4.6 mustang super charged. guy was cruising around with the crowd as was i. i instigated him a little and he took the bait. (who wants to be shown up by a neon) we both got into it around 30 and again shut down at 80 or so. i was this time a half length back... i was in need and still am in need of more traction or as my wife said "you just need more power to pass them when you hook up in 3rd"

almost right after that a uneducated i assume s2000 driver was trying his best to pick a fight with me. who am i not to oblige. he took off from a light hard, i had no idea we were racing until my wife noticed and said "your losing!" he was 2 cars a head when boost kicked in, in 2nd gear. i spun past him in a small cloud of smoke. in this case spinning was #winning.

last night of the show and the traffic was stop and go. so doing anything was difficult at best. we were bumper to bumper when a 06 style wrx reved at me and hit me with the blow off valve from 2 cars back and a lane over. he had his window down and when he came along side of me i said. " i could hardly hear that thing man is it even running." (it was a strait exhaust that was way to loud, even by srt standards) we did a very slow roll out from a light and let traffic get ahead. i let him get out 3 cars before i got into it. i almost felt bad for him. it wasn't even a contest. i tried to talk to him at the next light but his windows were up and looked strait ahead.

and last on the way home i caught the beginning of a stock c6 racing a 04 cobra from high way speeds. they were side by side and took off from 60mph or so. i was behind the vette. the vette slowly pulled away from me as we both passed the cobra. we went way to fast and was stupid on my part. but i couldn't pass up a 3 way race.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

--Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I didn't know you got another SRT-4. Is this number 3? Or is this the second red SRT-4 I can't remember...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2nd srt4. first red one. this one is "because not race car" it might trap 118 mph on a good day with a tail wind. the last srt would trap almost 140.
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

going fast in a straight line gets old i bet.
    ++ + ++P3LLA++ + ++

06 STi ( Stage II ) BOOSTED
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE # 808

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DiRty Impreza
    going fast in a straight line gets old i bet.
    Do you "bet" because you can't?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

i've been down there in october during that week it is truly awesome..... if you like the sound of constant motors reving/idling you need to go there..... the lights are very close and to me 80mph is bad judgment on all parties because the speed limit is 45.... i think

I live pretty close to OC (hour and 15 min or so I guess), but honestly I don't like a lot of people, so I just have no interest... I wish I did enjoy gatherings more actually... I just don't.

Nice to see you back here =D

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Nice to see you back here =D
    +1
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I still think its funny that we have a regular from 2004 who's been an SRT-4 owner

One of the few that makes the SRT-4 into what it really could be as opposed to cheaply riced out. Welcome back!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I still think its funny that we have a regular from 2004 who's been an SRT-4 owner

One of the few that makes the SRT-4 into what it really could be as opposed to cheaply riced out. Welcome back!

Thanks newb.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Anyone run a Mazdaspeed 3 before?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Uh I drive a MS3
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I work for mazda as a tech and for a stock car they iigh. But a wrx in my mind is a better buy not because i love them but for what your paying you should get more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast