Selling 2011 wrx stage II for 2009 Audi a4 3.2L - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Selling 2011 wrx stage II for 2009 Audi a4 3.2L within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Hoofhearted It's a jetta with leather, keep the subaru. Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 my ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted View Post
    It's a jetta with leather, keep the subaru.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

my brother has a jetta with leather, so doest that mean he drives an audi A4? lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fu13bu View Post
    I'm actually going the other way around...wondered what people's thoughts are. I have a 09' Audi TT 3.2 Quattro Prestige package (manual) and about to buy a 2012 WRX Limited. While I have loved the TT at some point I'm going to have to go w/a sedan and whats better than getting a great engine w/4 doors? My only concerns are road noise (how bad), MPG and look (does interior for limited look cheap) the WRX will be vs. the TT (probably more refined) but from where i've read the Road noise isn't really all that bad, the MPG is probably simliar to my TT now, though I haven't seen the interior of a limited in person since there's none at all available in New England...

Any thoughts on this?
    I sat in a Limited before I ordered my 2012 Premium Hatch, and the leather seemed to me like a crappy version of BMW leather. HID would be nice, but the premium does the trick for me! Your choice though!

I cannot speak personally from an Audi owner but I have been in a few S4s and A6s. I am currently in the process of switching from my DD Volvo S60R to a 12' WRX. My S60R is very nice like an Audi, interior is great, the leather is very nice and the bolsters in the seats are nice as well. The stereo is awesome I had to do nothing to the sound as it is already great. The car has 350-360 hp but it is a heavy car... it has an awesome but $$$ suspension and brembo $$ brakes... and other $$$ items. They are all great but I am looking more for a car with less of the $$ but still retaining AWD, manual, turbo, and performance.

When I test drove the 12 wrx, I loved it actually. I realized that I dont need all that refinment and that I am looking more for performance than interior looks. I know it is a DD, but the seats in the WRX look nice and have great bolsters and they were really not that bad. Sure the stereo needs some work but once you dynomat the doors you are good to go.

It is all really about what you want. The 3.2L V6 in the A4 is BORING compared to a turbo car. The A4 is HEAVY... so if performance is not your thing, then go for the A4! If you are looking for more performance than go to the WRX.

I drove an Audi A4 2.0t with the stick. Awesome car. I wonder how the 3.2 feels
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

I've been thinking about picking up a used Audi when I get rid of my outback (keeping the wrx). But I'm afraid o the millions of stories out there about how much of a pita they are to fix, which happens often. Any audi owners NOT have any problems? lol.

I went from a 04 STi to a 08 Audi S5 to a 12 WRX and the reliability factor alone was the reason I came back to Subaru. S5 looked great, felt great, rode great and the instant power was nice.....BUT....the engine carbon build-up was too much. It spent a lot of time at the dealer. I had 1 LED go out within the headlight housing....$1200 bucks. Carbon cleanout...every 10K...another grand. Once the warranty ran out....SOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted View Post
    Wrong. A4 - jetta , A6 - passat

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Unfortunately, this guy is incorrect. The A4 and Passat share the same frame, engine, etc.. I owned an modded A4 before the WRX. There is no variation of the jetta in the Audi brand.

As for the original topic... I personally enjoyed both cars. A few things to think about.. the 3.2L A4 is not a great platform for modding. On a maintenance note, the A4 will also be much more costly. On the positive side, it is a much more refined car with a great interior.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123