Selling 2011 wrx stage II for 2009 Audi a4 3.2L - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Selling 2011 wrx stage II for 2009 Audi a4 3.2L within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm actually going the other way around...wondered what people's thoughts are. I have a 09' Audi TT 3.2 Quattro Prestige ...

I'm actually going the other way around...wondered what people's thoughts are. I have a 09' Audi TT 3.2 Quattro Prestige package (manual) and about to buy a 2012 WRX Limited. While I have loved the TT at some point I'm going to have to go w/a sedan and whats better than getting a great engine w/4 doors? My only concerns are road noise (how bad), MPG and look (does interior for limited look cheap) the WRX will be vs. the TT (probably more refined) but from where i've read the Road noise isn't really all that bad, the MPG is probably simliar to my TT now, though I haven't seen the interior of a limited in person since there's none at all available in New England...

Any thoughts on this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have a 2012 WRX, and a 2012 A4 Prestige S-Line.
    The A4 wins hands down in refinement and luxury.
    The WRX wins in fun to drive, and performance.
    My A4 has an APR Stage3 K04 upgrade done to it. It's pretty damn quick, but it also a heavy car.
    Since I bought the WRX, I very rarely drive the A4 anymore, it's basically the wife's now.

Thanks for the comments Toknee! Is the road noise between your A4 and WRX a HUGE difference that it can be annoying for others such as your wife? When I drove the base model on a test drive I really didn't notice too big of a difference. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fu13bu View Post
    Thanks for the comments Toknee! Is the road noise between your A4 and WRX a HUGE difference that it can be annoying for others such as your wife? When I drove the base model on a test drive I really didn't notice too big of a difference. Thanks!
    I think tires will play a major role in perceived road noise.

When I had the Conti Sport 3 on the A4, they were louder than the Conti DWS I now have on the car.

I perceive the A4 as a little quieter, but on smooth pavement, they are about the same.

When the road gets a little rougher, the WRX is definitely louder.

Thanks for the quick response! I too have the Conti DWS and love them. I think I would get those tires again for the WRX as well.

I'm always surprised at how the Legacy is overlooked when people want to make these decisions. Subaru does make more than one turbo AWD sedan...

It may not be for everybody but it is a good combination of comfort & sport. It just depends on how far in either direction you want to go.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Registered User 2011REXRoyalBlu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtown View Post
    also not the 2.0? you'll miss the turbo!
    No, it is the 3.2L v6.

went from a 07 STI to a 08 RS4 (i know a whole new planet) but i love my Audi... i still have my WRX as a daily. i dont think you will enjoy the A4 in 3.2 it will be boring. maybe look at the legacy as some else mentioned or the VW CC.

pics or it didnt happen
    the STI

the RS4

Last edited by Novtec1; 05-28-2012 at 02:43 PM.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Registered User pplcallmehulk23's Avatar
    i know i am new to the forum but i do have experience with the A4. My sister has had one for a while now and that thing has been in the shop more often then any other car i have seen. so many problems with them. i personally say stick with the WRX and enjoy the turbo lol. The only positive i can see is the interior is better, but thats only when u can actually drive it and its not in the shop getting fixed. Also...they are expensive to up keep. That little red screen in the dash...cost my sister 2500 to get that replaced...

^^^Both that STI and RS4 up there are sexy!

Lets put it this way...Audi/VW = electrical problems somewhere down the line...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    ^^^Both that STI and RS4 up there are sexy!
    +1 Nice rides!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    +2.Very nice cars you have there.Love the color.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I can speak firsthand on this! I came to my '11 WRX from an '09 A4 2.0T Quattro. There are places the Subaru simply can not match Audi on. Refinement is a big one. The Audi was so smooth to drive. Also, I loved the interior and the stereo as well. The 2.0T was adequate but that was it. I had mine chipped at APR and it helped out. One big thing I miss was the excellent customer service I received when at the dealer. Ok, now for the things I did not like. The car drove well, but when pushed to the limits it just plowed into corners. The Subaru carves them. I also feel the Subaru is a more involved car. And one funny thing was that when it snowed the Audi did not have a front defroster and that was quite annoying when it snowed. I'd say you need to ask yourself what you want from a car. Also, my stock WRX is loads faster than my APR Stage I A4. Best of luck on your decision and let me know if you have any other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Novtec1 View Post
    went from a 07 STI to a 08 RS4 (i know a whole new planet) but i love my Audi... i still have my WRX as a daily. i dont think you will enjoy the A4 in 3.2 it will be boring. maybe look at the legacy as some else mentioned or the VW CC.
    I've seriously considered the RS4 a couple of times, most recently when I bought my latest STI. I also considered the RS6 since it has the V10 twin turbo. It came down to value for money though since I have other cars already including a luxury performance car. But those Audis are very tempting and I may end up with an RS6 when it's time to replace the current STI.

Very nice RS4!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

There's a guy here who traded his '11 STi in for a brand new S4. I'm thinking about getting the STi...
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast