st. 2 hawkeye vs. sc si
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on st. 2 hawkeye vs. sc si within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I soon will be getting a 07 wrx and plan on going stage 2 with protune from Wicked Innovation within ...

Angry st. 2 hawkeye vs. sc si

I soon will be getting a 07 wrx and plan on going stage 2 with protune from Wicked Innovation within a week of purchase. My buddy has a 2011 Civic si with all the bolt-ons and hondata. I know stage 2 hawkeye would take it, however he is talking about supercharging it now. Will a Stage 2 protuned hawkeye still win, if not what else would i need to upgrade hahaha... THANKS for the help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just took a hop over to a random civic forum; stage2 sc SIs are running 13.0-13.5s on street tires. Im gonna guess that your car will still be quicker...but you should go to the track, and let us know what happens.

Friends don't let friends race in school zones
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Friends dont let friends drive Civics.
    - Nicky -
    2006 WRX Steel Gray
    23:4--3:6--27:1

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gator View Post
    Friends dont let friends drive Civics.
    Wrong!

"Speed kills. Drive a Honda, live forever."
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    Just took a hop over to a random civic forum; stage2 sc SIs are running 13.0-13.5s on street tires. Im gonna guess that your car will still be quicker...but you should go to the track, and let us know what happens.

Friends don't let friends race in school zones
    Thanks for the advice! ;P
    Also, i thought the sc si puts down roughly 350whp? guess not haha Thanks for researching it though!

Quote Originally Posted by STIdreamn View Post
    Also, i thought the sc si puts down roughly 350whp? guess not haha Thanks for researching it though!
    iirc supercharger kits for my rsx-s (similar engine) generally only would add somewhere around 40-80 hp, which is still no small amount for a light car. To get one of those engines to be putting 350 to the wheels I would think you'd need extensive supporting mods. Very extensive. Not to mention the fun of putting that extra power to the ground in a FWD car.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    iirc supercharger kits for my rsx-s (similar engine) generally only would add somewhere around 40-80 hp, which is still no small amount for a light car. To get one of those engines to be putting 350 to the wheels I would think you'd need extensive supporting mods. Very extensive. Not to mention the fun of putting that extra power to the ground in a FWD car.
    As of now he has stage 2 cluctch, 11lbs flywheel, hondata(protuned), full exhaust, intake, tbs. He is looking at the CT stage 2 sc that comes with 550cc injectors.
    That would be a definite advantage though is having awhp vs whp. haha. Most of our runs will be on EMPTY highways probably 50mph roles.

could be, but hp isnt the only thing that wins races. You have to look into weight, ability to get off the line, driver, and lots of other factors
    Zach

Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)

could be, but hp isnt the only thing that wins races. You have to look into weight, ability to get off the line, driver, and lots of other factors
    True, he is a good driver, real good at shifts. Most of the pulls will be from 50mph or more. Thanks though

As of now he has stage 2 cluctch, 11lbs flywheel, hondata(protuned), full exhaust, intake, tbs. He is looking at the CT stage 2 sc that comes with 550cc injectors.
    That would be a definite advantage though is having awhp vs whp. haha. Most of our runs will be on EMPTY highways probably 50mph roles.
    You shouldn't run races on the streets. Especially, Fromaroll runs. He's got near as much HP, less weight, two less drive wheels to lug around and no traction issues.

As of yesterday he changed his mind and will be sticking with a stage 1 ct sc. Me and him drive 120mi a day so we need them reliable.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    A stage II hawk eye may be able to run mid 13s, but it will be from a Pro-tune and a good driver. Expect high 13s from an OTS and a standard driver.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    You shouldn't run races on the streets. Especially, Fromaroll runs. He's got near as much HP, less weight, two less drive wheels to lug around and no traction issues.
    Agreed. Please keep the races off the street. We don't need to continue to color the world's perception of WRX owners.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    A stage II hawk eye may be able to run mid 13s, but it will be from a Pro-tune and a good driver. Expect high 13s from an OTS and a standard driver.
    damn you and your infinite knowledge!!! lol
    Zach

Stink eye Mob #287

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Agreed. Please keep the races off the street. We don't need to continue to color the world's perception of WRX owners.
    Not to mention you could lose control and die...or even worse kill someone and live wit it :seriously:
    2005 psm sti
    Blobeye Syndicate #2003
    2006 black honda vtx 1300c

"I dont always race wrc, but when i do i prefer subaru"

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    damn you and your infinite knowledge!!! lol
    It's more-or-less common knowledge: Drag Racing 1/4 Mile times 0-60 Dyno Fast Cars Muscle Cars - DragTimes.com

you just have to know where to look
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.