Cobalt ss - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cobalt ss within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; BUT IT'S STILL A CHEVY!!!!! DAMNIT!...

BUT IT'S STILL A CHEVY!!!!! DAMNIT!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    i would personally hate it if everyone drove wrx/sti's.That is why i have one, they are beautiful cars in limited quanity. i have a respect for all cars, each car has a purpose....stop hating on every make model thats not subaru...the op complained about the idiot driver that hates wrx's. lets try to be better than those idiots
    2005 psm sti
    Blobeye Syndicate #2003
    2006 black honda vtx 1300c

"I dont always race wrc, but when i do i prefer subaru"

Quote Originally Posted by 04IncreasedWRX View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news for everyone, but I know there are immature subbie owners. Remember with EVERY car, there's always gonna be a few thousand - million that are "I'm MUCH FASTER HAHA", hell my friend has an Evo and I love his car, but he'll spank a LOT of people with it, 400HP tuned by AMS. But he has it because he likes the car, and hes told me he has met tons of subbie owners and they're all douches.

Anyway, my point is, don't act like Subaru owners are all "Yeah, I'm more mature and don't needa race" blabla, if you wanted a Economy car, get a Kia, otherwise you got your Subbie cause it's an all around great car that can be a project.

PS: I'm one of the *******s that drive 50+ all the time, not looking for races, I'm just a speeder. It comes from owning a crotch rocket and having all that speed at your finger tips.
    Agreed. There are a ton of WRX/STI's around here and one guy is a total douche that is hated by just about everyone from what I've heard. Sadly they don't all drive one kind of car so it's hard to tell them apart.

agreed that every car has its idiots, thats obvious.no one said subi owners are all perfect. certain cars do attract a certain type of people and age group, all the new subi owners i have seen and met are cool, alot of the older bug eyes and so forth and typically younger kids thinking there driving a zr1. coming from a cobalt ss, i loved the car but it doesnt compare to my rex. every cobalt owner i talked to was a complete moron thinkng they were the guy from the dos equis(how ever you spell it) commercial. from personal ex the subi community is far better...
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

Quote Originally Posted by plasmarex12 View Post
    all the new subi owners i have seen and met are cool
    Some of the old timers may disagree on this point. . . but that's what happens with the community. The generation before you was good, the one after. . . :shakefist: get off my lawn!

In fact this entire thread isn't much different than many people would remember from about five years ago about SRT4s. Always heard a lot of bad stories about them, but most of the guys I met from the chicagoland srt club seemed to be good guys the few times I interacted with them.

I only race in school zones between 2pm and 3pm.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    I just live my life a quarter mile a time.

Seriously though, I have never had the slightest desire to street race anyone. So your Neon/Cobalt/Eclipse/EVO/whatever is faster than my car? Cool beans, bro. People will always be proud of what they have, and why shouldn't they be? Just don't endanger other's lives (like the OP's), and I'll hold no ill will toward any car.

Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by plasmarex12 View Post
    agreed that every car has its idiots, thats obvious.no one said subi owners are all perfect. certain cars do attract a certain type of people and age group, all the new subi owners i have seen and met are cool, alot of the older bug eyes and so forth and typically younger kids thinking there driving a zr1. coming from a cobalt ss, i loved the car but it doesnt compare to my rex. every cobalt owner i talked to was a complete moron thinkng they were the guy from the dos equis(how ever you spell it) commercial. from personal ex the subi community is far better...
    So just curious... performance wise, straight line would a stock cobalt SS S/C be faster than a 12 wrx?

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I get a kick out of the "I'm faster than you brah" mentality. Who cares?
    its a lacking penis problem.

I mod my car for my own personal enjoyment, not others' enjoyment. If I wanted speed (in a straight line) I would have an older F-body for cheaper than my Rex.
    spoken for truth.. but you're not a child Zack.. and little kids with little weiners dont think like grown adults.

After he totaled it, you should have called him a ***** because he couldn't handle the mild amount of very predictable power his car was making.

Furthermore, even if your car is faster, what does it prove?
    Again, its a penis thing.. skill has nothing to do with it. Every generation says the kids after them are idiots.. but I think we really do have a legitimate gripe with this recent batch. They weren't cooked long enough or didn't get enough butt whoopin or something.

I respect the hardware under the hood. GM has of late had some really great engines roll out of their production facilities. The owners however are still and likely always will be a bunch of irresponsible douche drinkers.

Here's what happens when they grow up
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

There were two older guys, 50s or thereabouts, racing vettes yesterday evening and they almost tail whipped each other on launch. I told my wife that I hope I am not an asshat like them in another 10 to 15 years, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mgmoehn View Post
    So just curious... performance wise, straight line would a stock cobalt SS S/C be faster than a 12 wrx?
    I highly doubt it. I had an '05 SS/SC (mods in my sig) and IMO, driving a '12 WRX feels very comparable (speed-wise) to what my SS was like with all the mods. Not to mention, just look at their specs: SS/SC made about 205hp stock and weighs about 2900lbs . '12 WRX makes 265hp and weighs 3200lbs.
    My new ride: 2012 WRX Sedan (DGM)
    My 2-wheeled baby: 2009 H-D VRSCDX
    Previous rides:
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT: Volant CAI, Solo Cats and Cat-back, ECM/TCM tune from Vector Motorsports - You will be missed!
    2005 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC: GMPP Stg 2, 2.8 pulley, I/H/E

Quote Originally Posted by mgmoehn View Post
    No, the s/c cobalts run in the 14s stock, 12' wrx should be good for a high 13 I'd think
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

2 of my friends have them, I have a feeling that as soon as I get my WRX they are gonna want to race nonstop. just the way cobalt owners are I guess but way back I kinda wanted one but since they got discontinued it would be a pain if it broke down.

There are a lot of kids like that in my area Cobalts, Hondas, Eclipses with the fart can fast/furious life..

I love it though when the kids in their Audi A4's and BMW 328i's (that have no to little knowledge about cars) think that their cars are fast just because it is a status symbol brand
    2012 Volkswagen 6spd man. GTI coupe BFI stage2 torque mount , H&R 24mm rear ARB, AFE STAGE 2 intake system, UR DP+ Magnaflow CBE, s3 shifter, neuspeed TOP and throttlebody pipe . UR mid-chassis brace. Unitronic Stage 2 software, Newsouth boostgauge

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    A4s can be quite quick. And the interior is considerably nicer than any Subaru.

A BMW 328i will outhandle a WRX any day of the week in fair weather. In circuit racing (the only real test of a car and driver's capability), it would seem the 328i would be quite a formidable competitor, if not the better of the two.

I fail to see your point.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.