Cobalt ss - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cobalt ss within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I will agree, that the presentation of the Cobalt SS is unfortunate; they do appear very "teenager" in style. In ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I will agree, that the presentation of the Cobalt SS is unfortunate; they do appear very "teenager" in style.

In my old living complex, a young kid (probably 17) bought/was bought (likely the latter) a brand new 2009 Cobalt SS T/C. Within a week, the car was totaled. I can also personally attest that within that week, he attempted to race me on at least 5 occasions and said I was "a ***** and knew his car was faster." I don't know where 120lb teenagers get testes like this, but I guess stupidity must have a foothold somewhere.

It really is a shame because the equipment and capability of that car are among GM's finest...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ok looks like a bar of soap was too nice, how about a stick of butter groomed by a cat. True it is a fast car but just can't see myself such an ugly car. Taurus SHO was a fast car, but still a clitoris... Omni GLHS fast car for its time, but still an Omni....
    Until mountain biking came along, the bike scene was ruled by a small elite cadre of people who seemed allergic to enthusiasm. ~Jacquie Phelan

i agree i had the older s/c model but the newer tc were far better in suspenion, tq dampning, brembo's, make good power, and economy is good. i almost traded my ss in for a new one back in the day. glad i didnt though...its funny my buddy at my gym bought the exact car i had, same year same color etc. he keeps saying he can beat my stage 2 rex with his stage 2 cobalt. i keep telling him i had a stage 3 with more stuff and my rex is faster.i dont even like talking to him now cause all he does is talk bout racing.
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

zax
    I get a kick out of the "I'm faster than you brah" mentality. Who cares? If I'm not on a track, it has no bearing on me whatsoever that your car is faster. I mod my car for my own personal enjoyment, not others' enjoyment. If I wanted speed (in a straight line) I would have an older F-body for cheaper than my Rex.

Furthermore, even if your car is faster, what does it prove? You want to test my skill? Let's race on a karting track. 50cc Karts may only top out at 35mph, but they take far more technical skill to race.

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I will agree, that the presentation of the Cobalt SS is unfortunate; they do appear very "teenager" in style.

In my old living complex, a young kid (probably 17) bought/was bought (likely the latter) a brand new 2009 Cobalt SS T/C. Within a week, the car was totaled. I can also personally attest that within that week, he attempted to race me on at least 5 occasions and said I was "a ***** and knew his car was faster." I don't know where 120lb teenagers get testes like this, but I guess stupidity must have a foothold somewhere.

It really is a shame because the equipment and capability of that car are among GM's finest...
    We even have base model Cobalt's around here with fart cans and blacked tail lights trying to race people along with other junk that is slower than a school bus. But, for some reason these kids actually think they are driving a fast car

Funny story... I'm with a friend of mine that has an 04 Cobra making 500whp just cruising down road going 55mph in 5th or 6th gear and some punks try to play in a Cobalt so he just rolls on it easy without even down shifting and they really thought we were racing... Until he down shifted to 3rd and put a football field on them in a few seconds
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

lol. thats funny, thats sounds like the honda guys around here. they think that there b18 is the fastest thing on the planet. all these damn kids with new si are always trying to race me, i just wait till i see them in my truck and they get killed by a truck with 35 and 20's.of course my trucks no where near stock but thats my little secret lol. my other buddy at the gym(best friends with the guy with the cobalt) acutally said he thinks his new corolla s can keep up, i just walked away. shoot my stage 2 isnt a fast car. i mean breaking 12's is great but a fast car is a 10/11 sec car
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

Quote Originally Posted by plasmarex12 View Post
    acutally said he thinks his new corolla s can keep up

also, with regards to the topic: I guess I would rather them be 'racing' in slow POSs than actual quick cars.
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

My gf has a new Corolla S and it's a great car for her but I would give that thing a run on my bicycle
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    Your "Enter" key is stuck.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Your "Enter" key is stuck.
    No, his "" key is stuck.

You don't have one of those?

Facebook me here

lol thats funny. well i gave him a ride and he screamed like a little girl "omg" proving most people have never been in anything remotely fast... very true spirited- i'll admit if theres something worth it next to me i'll just look over to see if there down to run or vice versa. i dont push the issue though and i dont do it in traffic on the busy roads, i do a 1/8 mile thats it. i dont know how some of these people cut off everyone and drive way past the speed limit passing in shoulders, etc etc. to many damn idiots thinking fast an the furious is real life. dont understand how quickly something can go wrong... good old CA isnt helping though closing all the drag tracks in so cal. there is none left now

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    No, his "" key is stuck.

You don't have one of those?
    You mean this one?

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    This thread is proving that fanboyism is still alive and well in the Subaru world.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

This past Friday I went up to one of the many unofficial car shows along the infamous Woodward Ave. This particular lot was supposed to be full of the Detroit area Subies, but instead it was infested by Neons and Cobalts with their >20yo pilots.

I was watching the drag racing going on on Woodward, when I heard a squeal from behind me. I turn around to see a blacked-out Cobalt SS with it's teenage driver at the helm. He proceeded to park smack-dab in the middle of the lot. This parking lot is small and has many pedestrians walking about. This guy was clearly an idiot. Generally, I don't mind a mix of peoples/cars. But when safety becomes an issue that's where I draw the line.

Generally speaking, I find Subie owners to have a better head on their shoulders than those domestic, cheapo hot-rods.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I hate to be the bearer of bad news for everyone, but I know there are immature subbie owners. Remember with EVERY car, there's always gonna be a few thousand - million that are "I'm MUCH FASTER HAHA", hell my friend has an Evo and I love his car, but he'll spank a LOT of people with it, 400HP tuned by AMS. But he has it because he likes the car, and hes told me he has met tons of subbie owners and they're all douches.

Anyway, my point is, don't act like Subaru owners are all "Yeah, I'm more mature and don't needa race" blabla, if you wanted a Economy car, get a Kia, otherwise you got your Subbie cause it's an all around great car that can be a project.

PS: I'm one of the *******s that drive 50+ all the time, not looking for races, I'm just a speeder. It comes from owning a crotch rocket and having all that speed at your finger tips.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast