Stage 2 WRX Vs. Modded Integra - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Stage 2 WRX Vs. Modded Integra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Why is this thread still alive lol...

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Why is this thread still alive lol

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rexload View Post
    mid 14s has been done plenty of times bone stock with time slips to back it up. high 13s has been done with sticky tires being the only mod to the car. I am not sure how this is no way in hell.
    You still talking Type R or GSR? Big difference...I refuse to believe until I see some evidence. Until then, I don't believe it (I will gladly man up and admit I'm wrong with evidence).

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hmmm...back in the early days of the WRX coming to the U.S., a lot of people compared it to the Integra. Seems like I remember the Type R being capable of mid-90's trap speeds. The OP for this thread owns a 2.0, if his sig is correct. Stock for stock, they wouldn't be too terribly different in day to day pulls down the highway exit ramp.
    Yeah bugeyes were only running mid-14s stock. Hawkeye WRXs would do a low 14 to very high 13 stock.

Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX View Post
    When my '03 was stock back in 2004ish I raced an Acura RSX Type S (which I think is about the same speed as an Integra Type R?) from about 0-90 on an empty highway. I pulled a car length on him at the start but after that I didn't put anymore distance on him. If we had raced on the roll we would have been dead even.
    An RSX Type S makes more sense than a GSR or whatever...Type Rs had 200hp rated at the crank, and when VTec opens up in the upper RPMs, they can really pull pretty well. Plus they were what...2.2L or 2.4L or whatever? A little different than 1.8L Integras...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    An RSX Type S makes more sense than a GSR or whatever...Type Rs had 200hp rated at the crank, and when VTec opens up in the upper RPMs, they can really pull pretty well. Plus they were what...2.2L or 2.4L or whatever? A little different than 1.8L Integras...
    The 2.0L RSX-S made 210 hp.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    You still talking Type R or GSR? Big difference...I refuse to believe until I see some evidence. Until then, I don't believe it (I will gladly man up and admit I'm wrong with evidence).

Yeah bugeyes were only running mid-14s stock. Hawkeye WRXs would do a low 14 to very high 13 stock.

2.0L. Stock rsx-s's were generally good for mid to high 14s. With a race header, cai, and a reflash you might be in the high 13s. It did pull pretty well in the high rpms but even with i/h/flash you really needed to get some revs to be quick.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    The 2.0L RSX-S made 210 hp.
    We're not splitting hairs here...bottom line is...the Integra cannot run a mid 14. Type R...MAYBE...but stock? No. (until I'm proven wrong).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

The GS-R is about 15 to 16 seconds qtr. mile vehicle stock. If the GS-R was running intake, header, exhaust, kpro, maybe high 14s. The WRX has the torque to pull off, but the GS-R redlines at 8300, almost the same as the Rsx-s and 8th Civic Si so its powerband is useless from 3k-6k. This is easy, a great launch and gentlemen like shifting, even a modded gs-r would have to play catch up to the WRX. Then it would be to late unless its boosted... then your screwed!!!
    "Drive it like you own it, not like you stole it."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123