Stage 2 WRX Vs. Modded Integra - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 2 WRX Vs. Modded Integra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Where is stealth-wrx when you need him....

Where is stealth-wrx when you need him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gunz4me View Post
    My only complaint about the K series swaps is that they were more expensive than the traditional B series swaps in the 96-00 model that i had. I am sure they have sorted out the initial issues, but there are only a handful of mechanics that I trust to do the swap in the first place.

My wife rolled her eyes when I went to look at a EK hatch the other day. It was a thought, but I really need a truck as a second vehicle. I wonder how she would feel if I were to do a ford ranger project and swap a Jag or t-bird IRS into it along with a LSx engine?
    I did it myself..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    I did it myself..
    But you're a big boy, Bo!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, an LS VTec or a B18C5 done right can actually be a pretty beastly NA motor. My old roommate had a JDM conversion Type-R, down to the seats and dash, but complete with a built LS bottom end (B18b1 I believe) and JDM heads. Full bolt ons from pulleys, I/H/E, injectors/fuel pump, cams, the works, obviously tuned. He only had 235hp going to the wheels. The thing pulled incredibly well, and the RPMs could go to 9-grand. But I could walk him with my 2007 STI stock which is close to a 2011.

His Integra was incredibly nice though. Definitely one of the Hondas you appreciate as opposed to rolling your eyes at.
    Anything can be fast if you're talking about built. These things are slow as hell stock. I'm pretty confident that I could beat them with my 96 firebird 3.8 v6 coupe with a misfire on one cylinder. lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gunz4me View Post
    I wonder how she would feel if I were to do a ford ranger project and swap a Jag or t-bird IRS into it along with a LSx engine?
    If the 4-banger in my Ranger dies, I suppose I might resuscitate it with some kind of affordable swap.
    OTOH, it's quite possibly the biggest piece of junk I've owned in the last 20 years, and I don't know if I want to put money into it.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

If the Integra is GS-R model, then it is very unlikely that he was running more than 160whp with the above mentioned mods. Probably more like 150-155ish.

Hondas perform really well for a given HP number, especially the Integra and 92-95 Civic chassis. They have exceptional handling and really good top end (for what they are and how dirt cheap they are)

I recently had an Integra GS-R that made only 200whp (under $2,000 in engine mods) and honestly it would rape my '12 WRX from a stand still, in twisties, and especially from a roll! we are talking a bus length easy...

So nice kill!

Lol what?

Quote Originally Posted by speedsterX View Post
    Anything can be fast if you're talking about built. These things are slow as hell stock. I'm pretty confident that I could beat them with my 96 firebird 3.8 v6 coupe with a misfire on one cylinder. lol
    What exactly is slow stock? A B18C5 integra? It was a mid-low 14 sec 4 banger out of the box.. in the mid-late 1990s. Mustangs of the same years were running similar 1/4 times...
    Not to mention that that car isn't designed to go fast in a straight line in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by rexload View Post
    What exactly is slow stock? A B18C5 integra? It was a mid-low 14 sec 4 banger out of the box.. in the mid-late 1990s. Mustangs of the same years were running similar 1/4 times...
    Not to mention that that car isn't designed to go fast in a straight line in the first place.
    I don't know where you're getting that information. As far as I know a GS-R does the 1/4 mile in about 16 seconds and a Type R in about 15. I also never mentioned anything about straight line performance. I'm a little bias because I don't like Fail wheel drive cars, but at least I'm not lying about the real performance times for the quarter mile.

Quote Originally Posted by speedsterX View Post
    I don't know where you're getting that information. As far as I know a GS-R does the 1/4 mile in about 16 seconds and a Type R in about 15. I also never mentioned anything about straight line performance. I'm a little bias because I don't like Fail wheel drive cars, but at least I'm not lying about the real performance times for the quarter mile.
    Information is from numerous 1/4 passes members on HT and TI discussion boards did with photos and time slips to back it up...
    Type R times vary depending on the year and the driver but anywhere between 14.2 and 15.0 is what it is out of the box. Sure it is slow, especially by today's standards but then may as well say that all 4cyl cars of that era are even slower than "slow as hell".

14 second car out of the box? No way in hell.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    14 second car out of the box? No way in hell.
    mid 14s has been done plenty of times bone stock with time slips to back it up. high 13s has been done with sticky tires being the only mod to the car. I am not sure how this is no way in hell.

I believe it would have to have more than just sticky tires. Otherwise, the guy with that Integra I raced a few times needed the driver mod badly. I still believe it was the car though. Let's get back to what the thread was about. He got that kill because there is no way a stock integra can keep up with our turbo AWD or even a turbo FWD like the SRT 4 or VW GTI. Similar to me drag racing my trans am against a Lambo or a ZR1. Muscle vs. super car. Ther'es no chance and I'd get pwned. Same with an integra which would be in a civic class of NA FWD. That thing is out of its league vs. a wrx.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hmmm...back in the early days of the WRX coming to the U.S., a lot of people compared it to the Integra. Seems like I remember the Type R being capable of mid-90's trap speeds. The OP for this thread owns a 2.0, if his sig is correct. Stock for stock, they wouldn't be too terribly different in day to day pulls down the highway exit ramp.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hmmm...back in the early days of the WRX coming to the U.S., a lot of people compared it to the Integra. Seems like I remember the Type R being capable of mid-90's trap speeds. The OP for this thread owns a 2.0, if his sig is correct. Stock for stock, they wouldn't be too terribly different in day to day pulls down the highway exit ramp.
    When my '03 was stock back in 2004ish I raced an Acura RSX Type S (which I think is about the same speed as an Integra Type R?) from about 0-90 on an empty highway. I pulled a car length on him at the start but after that I didn't put anymore distance on him. If we had raced on the roll we would have been dead even.
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast