85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Genesis coupe 2013

3 3.53%
  • BRZ 2013

10 11.76%
  • WRX 2012

72 84.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 Genesis Coupe or 2012 WRX or 2013 BRZ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am in the market for a new genesis, wrx, or BRZ when they come out. I know that the ...

2013 Genesis Coupe or 2012 WRX or 2013 BRZ

I am in the market for a new genesis, wrx, or BRZ when they come out. I know that the gene coupe and brz are of different class RWD vs the AWD of WRX, but what are your opinions on the 3 cars. At a price of 26K which one would you purchase and why?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I personally don't like the new Genesis front end. It doesn't look as good as the models they have now. The Genesis has perks though, their interior is much better than the WRX's and the sound system blows the WRX's out of the water. The rattle issue doesn't seem to be a problem for the Genesis either but I'm sure after the normal wear on the car you'll start noticing it.

You can't match the AWD the WRX has though. My good friend has a 2011 Genesis and I know he had a tough time with the snow and ice this winter. I didn't get snow tires this season but I still managed to do well. I imagine when I get them put on next season it'll be 100x better than how its been. Best way to determine what you want to go for - test drives. Go drive around some 2011 Genesis's and some 2008+ WRX's.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Hyundai's 274hp / 275tq is pretty compelling at only $24k, esp when sent through the rear wheels via a nice 6spd trans. They gained the extra power the old fashioned way -- better turbo and bigger FMIC. The automatic might not be such a slushbox anymore either, with the 8spd standard on either the 4 cyl or 6 cyl models.

I could probably forego the fun of AWD for the lower drivetrain loss of RWD + some sticky tires. I've got a truck for wintry weather so the car can run real tires.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you have a family get the WRX.Its an easy choice because of the 4 doors.

Between the other 2 you may not get much input since nobody has test driven them yet.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    From what I've been reading I'm liking the Focus ST as a possible next car.

I'm not looking to dump my bought new 2004 WRX anytime soon ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Banned
    i like the wrx and yes i know i have one, but slapping on a large turbo or a bunch of parts and doubling the power is easy! not sure whats made for the genesis turbo and the BRZ if turbo'd i doubt can take much because the parts just weren't ment for it. being in ohio i need awd and 4drs is very nice. i guess in the end you need to figure what you want it to do. i like an 11 second car for cheap and on the track it will move also.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    The WRX is the vehicle of choice if practicality has any importance in your buying decision. More room, 4/5 doors, and AWD make it the most useable car of the three. Performance among the three is pretty close out of the box, with each having its own advantages in certain areas, though the WRX is clearly very mod friendly with a strong aftermarket available. The Genesis is a good performance deal, but the early models and Evos don't have a great rep for realiability (with exceptions, of course). They do look great, but that is the benefit to a two door model - nice lines. That speaks true for the BRZ as well. Saw one at the Philly car show and it looks great in person. Built along side Toyota it should have good reliability. It's built more as a handler than a drag car - think Miata.

So ... figure out what you really want in a car, test drive what you can, and go from there.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I Support ClubWRX
    Since nobody has a BRZ I don't know how to answer. Wait.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c View Post
    Go drive around some 2011 Genesis's and some 2009+ WRX's.
    ^fixed. the 2008s are different than a 2012 would be, so a bad comparison. I do agree that they messed up the look of the genesis a bit tho. Also, as with any new car model, the first year will tend to have issues so maybe stay away from the BRZ...I test drove the first MY 2.0T genesis before picking up my 09 wrx. It was very smooth and had a nicer interior, but the deal for the car wasn't there.
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I'm 5'9" and I always hit my head when I sit in the backseat of my sister's Genesis Coupe. It looks amazing and I sorta drove the hell out of it when I went to pick it up for her, but I hate the Automatic version. It would be just as fun to drive as the WRX if you get the Manual. The interior is awesome at first but then it feels a little cheap, and I love the push start for some reason..
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I don't see AWD as "more fun" than RWD. Potentially faster, very different feel and requiring a different driving style, less chance of getting stuck, more drive train loss, etc. - but more fun, no.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

One of those cars is not like the others.

First decide if you want/need practicality. If the answer to that question is yes, buy a WRX and rejoice!

If the answer that question is no, then go test drive the BRZ and the Genesis when you can, and see which you like better!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    What do you want from the car? The answer is a personal thing, not answerable by anyone but you. Test drive the candidates (that are available) and consider the practical things. (A BRZ is likely to be less practical than a WRX in day-to-day use) Which has an interior that you would enjoy staring at, day after day? Which has a more "quality" feel to it? Which is more "fun"?

Read the magazines, solicit the opinions...and then throw them out the window and make the choice that represents your tastes and needs.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    I voted bewbs

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    I voted bewbs
    omg, i completely didnt realize that there was no "bewbs" option...this poll has been rendered Null and Void! lol
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast