WRX vs Ralliart? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs Ralliart? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok so anywho always wanted to try the competition and after been nagged and bugged by one of my evo ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok so anywho always wanted to try the competition and after been nagged and bugged by one of my evo mates ...i was ok let me see if i can get a evo x ...tried as i could the insurance even for me no points no accidents clean as record insurance was double the 08STI i was holy hell wtf omg they must be crashing em or stealing em like crazy !! ....anyway i checked up about the ralliart which according to mitsu is the competition to the wrx ....so i go find a used one low miles drive it and i'm like wow impressed ...so basically done deal trade for sti ...!!

ok so now owning it for like 2 months ...what can i tell you ....

1. its a stealth evo ...basically its a Lancer GTS with a evo x motor(single scroll turbo) and evo 9 drivetrain with AYC , active diffs etc

2.it has for some reason the evo x Mr's tranny a SST sequential tranny u can drive in full auto for city or if u want drive on paddles ....tranny is very nice imho like one poster mentioned above it is fairly low geared i would prefer a lil higher ratios mid to high range well driving in normal mode , as it also has a sport mode which holds the gering a lil longer before shifting and serious the car shifts fast and smooth no worries and this is my 1st automatic altho to call it a automatic like what most drive is really a insult.

3. it has the sight n sound and seat package ...a 650watt rockford sound system which makes the stock sti sound system laughable !! ...., HID headlghts nice clean etc ...recaro seats well i'd buy the car just for these easily better than any wrx or sti seat out there unless you own the recaro versions which are only avail on cars as stock outside the usa.

4. in the sti with my commute driving to save gas i could eek maybe 23-24mpg to work ...in the ralliart easily average 25-27mpg ...cant ***** there

5. funny is my sti wheels fit right on as the ralliart has the same pcd and offset ! (evo x does not)

in closing i would say $ to $ its better than a wrx and more in the league of a sti. just a sti with more electronic do dads at that.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

But it's still a goddamn automatic
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    u muppet !!
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Andy, change your signature "All we'll drive" since you're obviously lying
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    it is AWD with active centre diff and ayc so erm to answer ...nope i wont change the "All we'll drive"
    "All We'll Drive"

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the idea of active diffs and even more I like the idea of not shifting or at least not having to row with a gear lever and stomp on a clutch over and over again all day. Paddles sound good to me.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I like the idea of active diffs and even more I like the idea of not shifting or at least not having to row with a gear lever and stomp on a clutch over and over again all day. Paddles sound good to me.

Sorry, Spiro. Bury me with the stick shift embalmed permanently into my right hand. Or something.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    having driven only manual (stick) cars up until the Ralliart ,
    i'm very impressed with the ease of use and the flexibility to switch between full auto and full paddle shifting in both normal and sport modes
    "All We'll Drive"

Banned
    the outback can switch between paddles and auto... lol

Weasel my friend, you're crazy

Good to hear that you enjoy the car man, but I could never see myself driving one personally. I'm all with Ray, I'll never go back to an automatic or semi-auto again. To me, the Ralliart, and even the Evo, just look too much in common with the base lancer it comes from and seems more masculine and aggressive in my opinion. Its also a chick magnet... My girlfriend and I all started over her commenting on a picture I posted of my car on facebook... and that was 14 months ago and we're still together lmao

I love the wide wheel archers and hood scoop, and bumper cutouts on my WRX, it helps the car stand out. It sounds better (not talking about the radio here ) and is a good deal faster. I will admit though, I am jealous of the Ralliarts option for those Recaros... I'd trade my left nut to have factory option Recaros in my WRX LOL

Anywho, enjoy the car broski! Both good cars, just for people with different tastes
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    having driven only manual (stick) cars up until the Ralliart ,
    i'm very impressed with the ease of use and the flexibility to switch between full auto and full paddle shifting in both normal and sport modes
    Our Kia minivan switches back easily between auto and manual shifting. Because race car.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Our Kia minivan switches back easily between auto and manual shifting. Because race car.
    Lies. No self-respecting race car is an auto...
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

Quote Originally Posted by devilfluff View Post
    Lies. No self-respecting race car is an auto...
    Tell that to all the drag cars that run autos

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Tell that to all the drag cars that run autos
    I will!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast