2012 WRX vs. 2012 Mustang GT (Handling) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2012 WRX vs. 2012 Mustang GT (Handling) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by chiron The deal breaker: Women negatively stereotype men who drive Mustangs. I admit I was initially attracted ...

Quote Originally Posted by chiron View Post
    The deal breaker: Women negatively stereotype men who drive Mustangs. I admit I was initially attracted to the excellent performance of the new GT, but my girlfriend, and every other girl I talked to about it, made it very clear, women tend to think poorly of men who drive flashy muscle cars. My gf's friend said it best, something to the extent of: men who drive such impractical, flashy muscle cars do so because they're trying to compensate for something. Obviously this isnt a factor for those of us who already with girlfriends/wives, but bachelors out there may want to think twice about the image they'll portray.
    I bought a WRX because it's a practical, reliable, affordable, fun to drive car, and is also apparently unlike the mustang, a chick magnet.
    If a girl wants to think less of me because I wanted a Mustang, then she can go **** herself. That's not what I want in a girl anyway. And even further...I'm not going to buy a car because of how it will influence women.

That being said...I get a lot of compliments on my STI from women...and then I get women saying "aren't Subarus supposed to be for lesbians?"

Yet even further...I found out a girl I dated in college only started talking to me because someone told her I had a BMW (it was only a 96 318i). That same girl is now dating a guy who got rid of his Wrangler cause she didn't like it. **** stupid women.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    If a girl wants to think less of me because I wanted a Mustang, then she can go **** herself. That's not what I want in a girl anyway. And even further...I'm not going to buy a car because of how it will influence women.

That being said...I get a lot of compliments on my STI from women...and then I get women saying "aren't Subarus supposed to be for lesbians?"

Yet even further...I found out a girl I dated in college only started talking to me because someone told her I had a BMW (it was only a 96 318i). That same girl is now dating a guy who got rid of his Wrangler cause she didn't like it. **** stupid women.
    Parts of the stereotype are true, other parts are not. When you buy a two door, gas guzzling, RWD, flashy sports car you are necessarily sacrificing practicality for one of two things: you care about performance, or you care about having a status symbol. The latter is what's unattractive to women. There are a lot of people who buy sports cars simply for the ostentatious symbol of it. First impressions do in fact matter. Sure, a girl who knows you personally would know you care about the performance factor more than the status symbol factor, but girls who don't know you yet, the ones you're initially trying to pick up, could jump to wrong conclusions. Also, there are a lot of women who are attracted to men who value practicality, which is why I think the WRX is the best of both worlds. Not only does the WRX have excellent performance, but it's also a very practical choice.

2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

I Support ClubWRX
    i dont own a new mustang but i do have an older 5.0, and mustangs are great. not the best car for handling but thats not what they are designed for. the big thing my mustang has over the wrx is torque, not sure about stage 2 but stock for stock the mustangs torque is much better. I would have gone with a new one but i dont need 2 cars that i wont drive in the winter lol, so i got a wrx. The new ones seem to handle a lot better than previous models, but the wrx seems more handling oriented than the mustangs are.
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Parts of the stereotype are true, other parts are not. When you buy a two door, gas guzzling, RWD, flashy sports car you are necessarily sacrificing practicality for one of two things: you care about performance, or you care about having a status symbol. The latter is what's unattractive to women. There are a lot of people who buy sports cars simply for the ostentatious symbol of it. First impressions do in fact matter. Sure, a girl who knows you personally would know you care about the performance factor more than the status symbol factor, but girls who don't know you yet, the ones you're initially trying to pick up, could jump to wrong conclusions. Also, there are a lot of women who are attracted to men who value practicality, which is why I think the WRX is the best of both worlds. Not only does the WRX have excellent performance, but it's also a very practical choice.
    I do see what you're saying...but of course...I still maintain the fact that if a girl is going to base her first impression on me thinking I'm compensating for something or whatever based on my car, she can go **** herself.

Had I know my exGF only wanted to talk to me cause she knew I had a BMW, I probably would have told her to go **** herself. Or at least, waited til she let me take the V-card, then tell her to go **** herself.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I havent heard about the new 5.0...but every Mustang that I have come across that wanted to have some fun from a stoplight was disappointed by the outcome...

Consequently I believe they were an '08 v8, and a '02 V8 with a tune and straight pipe

Mustangs will handle like a bawss with a performance suspension though.

=X
    Last edited by Zwalk; 02-03-2012 at 12:05 PM.
    Zak
    Stink Eye Mob #35
    '09 WRX Hatch
    COBB Accessport: TP Stage 1 Tune
    3" COBB Single Tip Catback, COBB Shortshifter, 1/2 Bilstein Lowering Springs, Perrin Strut, Whiteline Sways, 18x7.5 Enkei Ev05

I am a Mopar guy... but I have always liked the 2003 Cobra. I'd buy one today if there was one local. I don't know that I'd even drive it. A 400bhp 12 second car bone stock. That's nice. And it took Dodge to 2012 to compete with it
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

I purchased my Mustang at a period of my life where I may not have been thinking clearly. My first wife died in January 2007 then in October 2007, I was hit in an offset head-on collision by a drunk driver, thus totaling my V6 6MT Accord and keeping me out of work for nearly a month. The drunk driver thing is ironic because I had been heavily abusing alcohol up until that point as a method of coping with the loss of my wife. It was a wake up call to say the least, and I haven't had so much as a single drop of alcohol to drink prior to getting behind the wheel since that fateful night. EDIT: Thankfully I was sober that night I was hit because had I been drinking, that would have been the beginning of a whole other set of problems.

My point... I'm saying that I didn't care what anyone thought of me when I purchased the Mustang because it was one of those "my life has hasn't been the best lately, and I'm going to do what I want to do" purchasing decisions. In fact, I owned both a 1997 Civic EX Coupe and the 2006 Mustang GT when I met my current wife for the first time in December 2007. Going further, I didn't care what anyone thought of me when I purchased the WRX either. Some of my friends picked on me for getting the "boy racer" looking car and I just retorted back with "I drive what I want to drive!" I was considering a BMW M3 too, but I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on a car.

I bought a WRX because it's a practical, reliable, affordable, fun to drive car, and is also apparently unlike the mustang, a chick magnet.
    HAHAHAHA! HAHAHAAHAH! HAHAH! Lets be honest, WRX/STi's are **** magnets =P
    That said, my girl loves Subie.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Also, there are a lot of women who are attracted to men who value practicality, which is why I think the WRX is the best of both worlds. Not only does the WRX have excellent performance, but it's also a very practical choice.
    Women have often admired the size of my practicality. Because of my WRX, of course.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

This place has great kool-aid.

The deal breaker: Women negatively stereotype men who drive Mustangs. I admit I was initially attracted to the excellent performance of the new GT, but my girlfriend, and every other girl I talked to about it, made it very clear, women tend to think poorly of men who drive flashy muscle cars. My gf's friend said it best, something to the extent of: men who drive such impractical, flashy muscle cars do so because they're trying to compensate for something. Obviously this isnt a factor for those of us who already with girlfriends/wives, but bachelors out there may want to think twice about the image they'll portray.

and all black guys steal TV's in their spare time, right?

chicks usually don't know cars, therefore, consulting them with regards to what is best is like asking ashton kutcher for parenting advice.

*****es love my scion

they so oh its so economical

then I says, youse knows what else aint economical?
    hayyyyyyyyyyyoooooooooo

I shudder at the thought of women dictating my car choice.
    Zak
    Stink Eye Mob #35
    '09 WRX Hatch
    COBB Accessport: TP Stage 1 Tune
    3" COBB Single Tip Catback, COBB Shortshifter, 1/2 Bilstein Lowering Springs, Perrin Strut, Whiteline Sways, 18x7.5 Enkei Ev05

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah a woman shouldnt be the deciding factor in which car to buy
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.