The Big WRX versus STI Thread! - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on The Big WRX versus STI Thread! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Calvinball I am getting a sport utility vehicle. It's called a WRX Hatchback. I was curious about ...

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    I am getting a sport utility vehicle. It's called a WRX Hatchback.
    I was curious about the legitimacy of your comment, so I looked up online some dimensions:

The wrx hatch has 19 cu. ft. behind the rear seats and 44 cu. ft. with the seats folded.
    A Ford Escape has 31.4 cu. ft. behind the rear seats and 67.2 cu. ft. with the seats folded.

So you could say, as marketing likes to put a lot of play on words, that a wrx/sti hatchback has more cargo room than a Ford Escape

edit: for more comparison, the Explorer has 43.8 cu. ft. and 80.7 cu ft., respectively. So you cuold say that the wrx/sti hatch has more cargo room than the Explorer too!!
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    technically the WRX/STI Hatchback is a CUV.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    I am getting a sport utility vehicle. It's called a WRX Hatchback.
    A WRX is not an SUV, it doesn't have the ground clearance to handle deep snow, rough terrain, etc. I'm not saying an Explorer is all that great either offroad, but I'd be less worried about breaking something on a rocky road compared to a WRX. Subaru themselves emphasize the fact that the Impreza line is not intended for any sort of offroad driving, and that the AWD is intended for low traction instances on hard surfaces. The exception to this was the Outback Sport, which could handle mild offroad terrain, and Subaru has an amusing set of tips how to drive it offroad, lol.

Honestly, the next vehicle I buy will be a old Jeep Comanche as a spare vehicle for hauling house stuff, and for taking on the excellent OHV trails around Oregon.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    My Brat is above all. I have unlimited cargo space.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    I was curious about the legitimacy of your comment, so I looked up online some dimensions:

The wrx hatch has 19 cu. ft. behind the rear seats and 44 cu. ft. with the seats folded.
    A Ford Escape has 31.4 cu. ft. behind the rear seats and 67.2 cu. ft. with the seats folded.

So you could say, as marketing likes to put a lot of play on words, that a wrx/sti hatchback has more cargo room than a Ford Escape

edit: for more comparison, the Explorer has 43.8 cu. ft. and 80.7 cu ft., respectively. So you cuold say that the wrx/sti hatch has more cargo room than the Explorer too!!
    You fail at basic math.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    You fail at basic math.
    and I thought I got something wrong.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX

a wrx/sti hatchback has more cargo room than a Ford Escape
    lolwut?
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Yeah Zach#2 hurt my brain with that math too...he was saying that the WRX hatch has MORE cargo room WITH the seats folded than either of the Fords mentioned, if they DO NOT have the seats folded.

He must have had too much chocolate today.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Yeah Zach#2 hurt my brain with that math too...he was saying that the WRX hatch has MORE cargo room WITH the seats folded than either of the Fords mentioned, if they DO NOT have the seats folded.

He must have had too much chocolate today.
    I have too much chocolate everyday, but thats besides the point. I figured the comment about how marketting teams spin the truth by not explaining everything would have been enough to decipher my drivel. But yes, Mikie is correct with his explaination. And thank you Zax for your words of encouragement. We'll see if you get any chocolate prizes at Victory
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456