The Big WRX versus STI Thread! - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on The Big WRX versus STI Thread! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; idk about everyone else, but id rather roll in a civic with a fart can and an airplane wing. And ...

idk about everyone else, but id rather roll in a civic with a fart can and an airplane wing. And Nawzzz stickers yo.
    - Nicky -
    2006 WRX Steel Gray
    23:4--3:6--27:1

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah yes. I'd forgotten about the Focus ST, and I was so excited about it a month ago.

Yes, it's FWD.

The Buick Regal is really the only mid-size car you mentioned though. I would consider the Kia Optima a more upscale car than the Cruze or Sonic, which are significantly cheaper.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

The new Buick Regal is actually quite a nice car now...I was thoroughly impressed at the Philly Auto Show.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    The new Buick Regal is actually quite a nice car now...I was thoroughly impressed at the Philly Auto Show.
    I'm intrigued by the Regal GS; beautiful in and out, from what I've seen, and a true manual available. (Go, Buick!)

The cons: 270hp is a lot through FWD, and $35K is a lot of money as a starting price. BMW money.

--Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I sat in that Regal GS at the auto show. Seriously, so so beautiful! Had one of the most comfortable and smooth shifters I have ever felt. Although, as Ray said, it's a little pricey and for 35k I would be looking elsewhere for a luxury sedan.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

[QUOTE=RayfieldsWRX;2850695]I'm intrigued by the Regal GS; beautiful in and out, from what I've seen, and a true manual available. (Go, Buick!)

The cons: 270hp is a lot through FWD, and $35K is a lot of money as a starting price. BMW money.

Biggest con: It's a Buick.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyPizza View Post
    Biggest con: It's a Buick.
    Eh, there's plenty of people out there saying the same thing about Subaru. I maintain an open mind, and actually hope for domestic automakers to thrive.

That said...I would let someone else buy the first model year or two, as I would in most cases when a new model comes out, regardless of the manufacturer.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    I sat in that Regal GS at the auto show. Seriously, so so beautiful! Had one of the most comfortable and smooth shifters I have ever felt.
    Doesn't it don the same transmission as C6 vettes? (base models I thought)...I'm about to leave work so I'm too lazy to look it up.

That pic that Ray posted, actually shows a really nice stance. + Brembos and nice looking wheels...good package. If only it were AWD or at least RWD.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    That pic that Ray posted, actually shows a really nice stance. + Brembos and nice looking wheels...good package. If only it were AWD or at least RWD.
    the wheels are 19s (expensive tires) But if i were in the market for a big sedan with a turbo and awd, I think I would go with the SHO, for SHO
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    The SHO sounds good, until I consider that it weighs 4300 pounds and isn't available with a manual. While fine for many, that's an automatic fail in the Rayfield test.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    The SHO sounds good, until I consider that it weighs 4300 pounds and isn't available with a manual. While fine for many, that's an automatic fail in the Rayfield test.
    Oh, in my lack of research I didnt even realize that...no beuno for me either
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    We've agreed on that many a time. I don't ever want a vehicle that isn't a true manual. That's why I'm sad about the old school Ford SVT Lightnings...I really want one, but only come in Auto

I Support ClubWRX
    I've always kind of wanted a GMC Typhoon. American turbocharged AWD goodness, an rare enough for people to ask what it is. I've seen some videos of well-tuned Typhoons absolutely scorching the drag strip.

If I had to buy an SUV today, I'd buy an Explorer EcoBoost. Looks great, nice AWD platform, and doesn't have a mandatory humongous engine. We don't have a boat or RV to tow, so I'll tend toward more economical engines. Ford has come up a lot in my opinion, and I'd gladly support their efforts to improve an American brand name.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I'd take a GMC Syclone if it weren't a slushbox.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I am getting a sport utility vehicle. It's called a WRX Hatchback.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast