The Big WRX versus STI Thread! - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on The Big WRX versus STI Thread! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It seems like WRX owners always ask this question in hopes of hearing the WRX is better than the STi....I ...

It seems like WRX owners always ask this question in hopes of hearing the WRX is better than the STi....I have a WRX....I know its not better than an STi and every day I wish I had an STi...lol
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    It seems like WRX owners always ask this question in hopes of hearing the WRX is better than the STi....I have a WRX....I know its not better than an STi and every day I wish I had an STi...lol
    I heard people with sti have bigger coc----brakes

Had both an 06wrx and 06sti . And gotta say love the Sti way more . Outperformed the wrx in every way .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is that people have different ideas of what "better" is... for me the WRX was better because it suited my needs and that's why I bought it. If you want something more performance/race oriented, the STI is better. You're really comparing two different cars and thinking they are just different versions of the same car. It's like asking what is better, a Mazda RX8 or a Miata. Just my 2 cents...
    Last edited by jd92677; 01-16-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by iWannaSTI View Post
    I heard people with sti have bigger coc----brakes
    proven fact
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

^ truth
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Okay, I'm relegating this to catchall status. This is a top-5-most-discussed topic at this forum, as calculated by my trusty HP-41 calculator. Future threads, or bumps of same, will be lumped in with this one. They resolve nothing.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    They resolve nothing.
    Sorry if this is a noob question...but what should I get, a wrx or an sti?

Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Okay, I'm relegating this to catchall status. This is a top-5-most-discussed topic at this forum, as calculated by my trusty HP-41 calculator. Future threads, or bumps of same, will be lumped in with this one. They resolve nothing.
    Can we add a poll with no expiry date just for statistical reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by iWannaSTI View Post
    I havent seen this thread else were
    2011 WRX VS 2011 STI

Last edited by rage-wrx; 01-16-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Dunno I really like my wrx insurance costs.. STI insurance would have put me in the poor house. I'd have one right now if it weren't for the $1000 difference every six months.

That said, I know what I have and dont, and I'm completely happy with it. In a few years when my driving record has calmed down and the current car is paid off I'll look into a STI or possibly a BRZ.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Dunno I really like my wrx insurance costs.. STI insurance would have put me in the poor house. I'd have one right now if it weren't for the $1000 difference every six months.

That said, I know what I have and dont, and I'm completely happy with it. In a few years when my driving record has calmed down and the current car is paid off I'll look into a STI or possibly a BRZ.
    My insurance is only $1200 a year for an STI...

I've been informed from Progressive that WRX insurance is higher simply because there are many more of them on the road.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    My insurance is only $1200 a year for an STI...

I've been informed from Progressive that WRX insurance is higher simply because there are many more of them on the road.
    Aaaannnnddd thats a load of crap. Its no secret that insurance companies make their money lying to us man lol.

WRX insurance wont be higher than a purpose built performance car (aka STI). Granted it does greatly depend on the driver, however my WRX was about $50 cheaper every 6 mo vs the 07 corolla that I traded in on it. (yes you read that right.. CHEAPER than the corolla!) Right now I pay about 1150/yr for ins.. could be lower but I've got my liability cranked up to 500K and my comp deductible at $50.

I'd have a 2010 STI if the going rate for me at the time wasn't an average of $1760/6mo (4 different companies.. called 5.. state farm wouldn't even quote me)

I didn't pay that for insurance when I was 17 and I'm sure as hell not going to let them rob me at 33. I'll wait it out.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

That is specificly 2011 i mean over all

I know I have a small brakes but my wife is cool with it..... I would of got an sti but the new ones werent even out yet when I bought my 08. Now I'm glad they weren't because the 08 sti's had problems with blowing motors. I would have been screwed because I started adding power mods shortly after break in.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    This always comes back to what an individual is looking for in a car. There is no truth to one being "better" than the other in general - you can only focus on individual points and go from there.

That said, I think a lot of people buy these cars (both styles) because they combine some practical in with the performance. From there it comes down to individual preferences. If I just wanted performance I would likely have gone a different direction, but for a guy with a family it's a great compromise. (and if I had the money I still would have gotten the WRX because it fit MY needs best) I mean, that's a trip to the Caribbean for two weeks right there ...
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast