crovette vs 2011 STi
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on crovette vs 2011 STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so my dad bought me a 2011 wrx sti for my 17th birthday, after a month of having the car, ...

crovette vs 2011 STi

so my dad bought me a 2011 wrx sti for my 17th birthday, after a month of having the car, he finally asks to drive it, of course i say yes, he gets in and after taking a 45 minute drive, begins looking online at evo's and STi's for himself just because he loved the way the AWD and the way the car feels. then he asks me, he has a 2009 corvette sport, he asks what car is quicker? i told him, straight line, vette would **** on the sti, i dont know much about racing or the vette but i said that around a track the sti would win. so waht do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    A word of advise.

To endear yourself to the other members it would be great if you didn't start every thread with "so my dad bought me a 2011 wrx sti for my 17th birthday"
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Unless there's black ice on the tarmac my money would be on the Chevrolet.

Tell your dad to sell the STi, buy a Honda Civic for daily driving (or a Honda Jazz, brilliant use of space, sporty, fun, and over 36 mpg with a motor that's still tight from needing break in, very impressive), and buy himself a Corvetter for summer.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    A word of advise.

To endear yourself to the other members it would be great if you didn't start every thread with "so my dad bought me a 2011 wrx sti for my 17th birthday"
    ^this +forever...
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The Corvette would slap the STi silly around anything with Tarmac. It was designed as a sports car, not an economy car with a trick differential and a turbocharger. The same can't be said about the Subaru.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The newer generation of Corvettes are VERY quick around a track.. the STi would fair better in a straight line (and get **** on as you said). That's assuming the driver of the Corvette has experience on the track. The STi would probably be easier to drive through the corners for a novice, but that's about it.

Now if you put about $12,000 in suspension upgrades on the STi, and did some weight reduction, it would hold its own through the corners..

Wait, did your dad buy you an STI for your 17th birthday?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I'm 17.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    lets not get started. Im already pissed at all these posts of kids getting STI's handed to them lol
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

My dad took me to the bank when I was 17...so I could withdrawal 800 dollars from my bank account that I made while working at toys r us so I could go buy an 87 Ford Temp. It was a sweet 2 door tempo....yeah....the OP is lucky I still don't have that tempo...I would take it to the track and show him whats up.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    lets not get started. Im already pissed at all these posts of kids getting STI's handed to them lol
    It doesn't hurt to just ask. See the last line in my signature. That line has been there a while. See what I mean?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    It doesn't hurt to just ask. See the last line in my signature. That line has been there a while. See what I mean?
    ill adopt you. And I will buy you a car. For a price.
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Clamf!

I've gotten past it. I'm sorta glad I wasn't handed things like that.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Is a "crovette" some sort of black on black "Edgar Allen Poe" limited edition Corvette?

I begged my parents to pay half of a old Jetta for a first car. They even took me to a few dealers for some test drives... then said no. I rode my bike, bummed rides off friends, and occasionally drove the family minivan until I was 21.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

well that sucks that your family wasnt in the same financial situation as mine when u turned 17, not my problem, blame your parents, not mine. and my dad has an escalade for a DD, the vette for summer and a jeep rubicon for winter

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast