crovette vs 2011 STi - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on crovette vs 2011 STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mike193 well that sucks that your family wasnt in the same financial situation as mine when u ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    well that sucks that your family wasnt in the same financial situation as mine when u turned 17, not my problem, blame your parents, not mine. and my dad has an escalade for a DD, the vette for summer and a jeep rubicon for winter
    Oh god. You really need to get over yourself or you will not make many friends in life.

Just in case you're wondering: Friends > money
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i have many friends, not friends who pick on me for being happy about getting my dream car as a present

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    well that sucks that your family wasnt in the same financial situation as mine when u turned 17, not my problem, blame your parents, not mine. and my dad has an escalade for a DD, the vette for summer and a jeep rubicon for winter
    And now you just lost all respect. Congrats on your money but no one likes a snobby rich kid. Be humble about it and you will go further in life. My suggestion would be to not continue on with that attitude though.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTSamb View Post
    ill adopt you. And I will buy you a car. For a price.
    Aha! OK, I will make a note of that, there is no sense in me not keeping my options open.

If your father already has a Corvette, then this thread really doesn't have any meaning. He can figure out for himself which car is the fastest on a track. Post back with the results I suppose.

i have many friends, not friends who pick on me for being happy about getting my dream car as a present
    Have one of your friends video a hot lap in each car, that would actually be interesting.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

then dont talk **** to people who mean absolutely no harm and where just trying to start a harmless conversation

I Support ClubWRX
    Let's stay off swear filters and keep the thread anger-free.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    You should sell your STI and buy an EVO. One less punk kid to raise my insurance and make Subaru drivers look bad
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Guys let's just all take a deep breath OK?

I Support ClubWRX
    Segue: Is it safe to assume that the title for the car and the insurance are both in your dad's name for now?
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    Kid, you're 17, and fighting on the internet is pathetic, so I'll let it go, but I never passed any judgement on what your parents choose to spoil you with, no need to insult mine. Just be tactful and polite and we'll all play nice.

Money had nothing to do with their choices, by the way. Instead of a car, they paid for my college (which is by far the better deal).

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Nobody's picking on you because you got your dream car as a present, it's more the attitude you present to others about how "priviledged" your life is. Since I would imagine you know very few people on the forum, commenting about their upbringing, which you know nothing about, is inappropriate. I could very well have extremely wealthy parents but they decided to teach me the value of a dollar and working for things you get in life instead of handing me anything I wanted.
    Last edited by jd92677; 01-06-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I turned 17 and all I got was a lousy card

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    ^^^ +1

Like many of you, I waited a long time to get to a point I could get cars I actually wanted instead of it being just what I could afford - hell, my '11 WRX is the first NEW car I have bought for my car (wife always got the new rides because they were carrying the kiddies). I would have loved it had my folks bought me a car at any point, but ... instead I was left begging for the keys to mom or dad's car ...

... but too many of you immediately tagged this kid as a spoiled brat who would somehow give a bad name to Subaru and endangers others on the road. That ain't cool. All he did was ask an unrelated question and get pooped on by a bunch of you. Wasn't his fault his 'rents bought him a car. I'm jealous, but I'm not going to hold it against him. I'm a little disappointed in the overall reaction - this is not NASOIC where everyone flames everybody for everything. It would have been better if he had handled his responses better, but it's not like anyone was real nice to him either. Just my opinion on all this, but ...
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I Support ClubWRX
    You apparently missed his famous racing post.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    ^^^ +1

Like many of you, I waited a long time to get to a point I could get cars I actually wanted instead of it being just what I could afford - hell, my '11 WRX is the first NEW car I have bought for my car (wife always got the new rides because they were carrying the kiddies). I would have loved it had my folks bought me a car at any point, but ... instead I was left begging for the keys to mom or dad's car ...

... but too many of you immediately tagged this kid as a spoiled brat who would somehow give a bad name to Subaru and endangers others on the road. That ain't cool. All he did was ask an unrelated question and get pooped on by a bunch of you. Wasn't his fault his 'rents bought him a car. I'm jealous, but I'm not going to hold it against him. I'm a little disappointed in the overall reaction - this is not NASOIC where everyone flames everybody for everything. It would have been better if he had handled his responses better, but it's not like anyone was real nice to him either. Just my opinion on all this, but ...
    Not trying to start any arguments with anybody, but just an FYI: he was immediately jumped on bc he has made quite a few posts on other threads bragging about his...er, his family's wealth, getting what he wants and anyone who isnt as privelidged is less of a person, and about racing on the street to near speed limiter velocities bc his "friend was calling his a pu*** from the passengar seat." So you might foregive the kneejerk reaction that was recieved as it continues to be relevant.
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"