Subaru WRX Forum banner

crovette vs 2011 STi

25K views 233 replies 48 participants last post by  rage-wrx 
#1 ·
so my dad bought me a 2011 wrx sti for my 17th birthday, after a month of having the car, he finally asks to drive it, of course i say yes, he gets in and after taking a 45 minute drive, begins looking online at evo's and STi's for himself just because he loved the way the AWD and the way the car feels. then he asks me, he has a 2009 corvette sport, he asks what car is quicker? i told him, straight line, vette would **** on the sti, i dont know much about racing or the vette but i said that around a track the sti would win. so waht do you guys think?

#47 ·
Is this another forum with a bunch of whiners? My 22 y.o. son had a new car with the best safety available at 16 y.o. because of fools driving '87 Ford Tempo's too fast on the highway. Best investment there is. Now he shares a 2011 rex with bridgestone lm60's boarding as often as possible between Denver and Copper.

#59 ·
With high class drivers, the vette should rape the STi stock for stock.

#74 ·
I could care less if someone gets spoiled by their dad and needs to brag about it.

However, someone who races to 135 on public highways and blows up a brand new STI because he doesn't even appreciate it enough to check the oil is priceless.

#75 ·
I could care less if someone gets spoiled by their dad and needs to brag about it.

However, someone who races to 135 on public highways and blows up a brand new STI because he doesn't even appreciate it enough to check the oil is priceless.

go on....... "goes and gets popcorn.."

#81 ·
you blew your engine? i blew mty engine in my 2011 STi, with only 6k miles = O checked the oil after i heard noise and only had a .3 of a qrt, sall good cuz subaru replaced it under warantee. and im still down to start meets, anyways what part of bergen county you guys in? i see a black WRX2011 pass the krasuers by my house in the morning, im in a WRBluue 2011 STi sedan, currently drivers side back door and qtr panel r smashed in, thank you to my friend
There is the post from another thread for reference. I'm all about seizing this car from him and bringing it back to the life it deserves

#83 ·
I'm still unclear on something: the original question was on behalf of the father, asking which of the two is faster on track, the Subaru or the Chevrolet. Since the father owns both and can figure the answer out empirically, what's the point?

#93 ·
:rolleyes: <- Me ... regretting ever saying anything in this kids defense.

The sad part is that the roads are filled with kids and adults just like him, driving all types of cars, douching away.

#95 · (Edited)
My parents bought me an F16 for my 3rd b-day. I was out racing rays of light fruma a roll and my jet slipped on a banana peel and flipped. My insurance agent says that my paperwork hasn't been put through yet so I don't have insurance. :sadwave:

#96 ·
My parents bought me an F16 for my 3rd b-day. I was out racing rays of light fruma a roll and my jet slipped on a banana peel and flipped. My insurance agent says that my paperwork hasn't been put through yet so I don't have insurance. :sadwave:
Dude, no! I'm Soo sorry, that sucks

#97 ·
engine blew due to an engine leak, engine leak on it was apparently not my fault because it was fixed over 5 days, 2 of which where christmas and new years, and we didnt even return the dealerships calls because we were away for the holidays, but we got back and to a message that the car was ready to be picked up free of cost, and an apology from the dealership because of the fault. so the blown engine was not my fault or else it would not have been covered on warantee without any questions asked. they didnt even ask for an oil change reciept. and the car wasnt SMASHED twice. my friend hit it while we were parked in a parking lot, my car was not even in gear so i wasnt at fault their either, and thats not my theory, thats what the police of the town wrote on the accident report.

#98 ·
anyhow the car is going in tomorrow for the body work because subaru dealerships around me (as far as i know around me) dont do body work and they send it out, so its going tomorrow or the next day, and its gotten around 300-400 miles on it since it got back from dealership, and it has yet to see 3000+ RPM. maybe i was driving like a 17 year old jackass, and maybe it did take you guys talking alot of sh*t to realize but i got it now and im treating my car right. and if you think my dad could give a **** how i treat my car thats wrong, HE picked it up from the dealership after they fixed it, and HE drove it for 2 days while i had no car. it goes back in for a "check-up" about 2 or 3 weeks after bodywork is finished. so if you guys are just gunna keep talkin mad sh*t im not even gunna waste my time ill delete my name off the forum for both of our sake

#99 ·
Let's all take a step back.

Mike193: Stop avoiding our swear filter, and please make an attempt to get along around here if you stay. You need to understand that most people here are at a different place in life; an aggressive tone from a 17-year-old rarely works.

Everyone else: At the end of the day we don't know what the story is here. Most of the possible mean things that could be said here have been said, so lets move on. We're beating a dead horse.

My money's on the Crovette.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.