WRX vs RX8 - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs RX8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Trainrex I'm evil, manipulative, oppressive, argumentative, and just flat out mean. In other words perfect ClubWRX Administrator ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    I'm evil, manipulative, oppressive, argumentative, and just flat out mean. In other words perfect ClubWRX Administrator material.
    Good God,you're Simon Cowell.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Good God,you're Simon Cowell.
    Very close, just not quite as handsome, much much less money, quite a bit younger, no English accent, and without the hot women hanging all over me. Otherwise we're the same.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Very close, just not quite as handsome, much much less money, quite a bit younger, no English accent, and without the hot women hanging all over me. Otherwise we're the same.
    You do have a bunch of dudes hanging all over you...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    You do have a bunch of dudes hanging all over you...
    Don't get jealous sweetie. You're still my favorite.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well that settles that then. Another informative thread! Cheers everyone!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Shoot, it's over..? I was hoping that it would loop back around to where we started...in essence, become a ..rotary thread.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Shoot, it's over..? I was hoping that it would loop back around to where we started...in essence, become a ..rotary thread.
    Better known as a Wankel thread.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well OK I was thinking about this more. It has been said about The Most Interesting Man in the World that his two wrongs make a right.

Let's take that logic to the Wankel Corvette that never materialized. At first glance, there should be laws against such a car. However, I thought about it a bit more and am coming round... Consider:

V8 Corvette = Not interesting
    Wankel = Not interesting

However!... Could it possibly be that

Corvette + Wankel = Potentially interesting?

Do the two wrongs have a chance of making a right? I say maybe! I'm quite serious too; I used to think such a car would be dreadful, but now I don't know.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Likes Cars With Orbicular Windmill Engines
    Uh oh, somebody got sand in their vag.

I'm didn't try to change anything. Mazda can call it what they want. The rotory engine predates the Wankel by 40 years.

No matter what Mazda calls it, it's not a rotary. VW could call my engine a Purple People Eater, but that doesn't make it one.

Here are two links for your reading entertainment.

Rotary engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wankel engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    So do you talk about the Otto in your car?

Read the info you posted yourself, it IS a rotary engine. Geez.
    Last edited by me73; 02-01-2012 at 07:45 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by me73 View Post
    So do you talk about the Otto in your car?

Read the info you posted yourself, it IS a rotary engine. Geez.
    Still sandy lol!

I Support ClubWRX
    So I've now started asking Have there been significant automobiles fitted with a Wankel?

My first task was to define "significant." I decided to define that as "automobiles that have been declared COTY" as the COTY is given by a voting body comprising members from a wide variety of countries, making it quite relevant.

It turns out there are! By my count, 1.5 cars have had a Wankel and were (nonetheless?) voted COTY.

1. NSU Ro 80. I'm a fan. The body alone was two decades ahead of its time. The Wankel didn't work then of course, and NSU was in a bad way by the time all was said and done. And when all was said and done, there was no more NSU. A shame, I liked NSU in general. The IP went to VAG eventually I think, and it could explain the presence of a Wankel mini-motor in the safety systems used by VAG cars (I think it was originally called Procon Ten or something?).

2. Citroen GS. Very cool car, very Citroen, knelt like a camel to let the passengers in. This is the ".5" in my "1.5" cars above, since I can't find any proof Citroen produced the Wankel. It may have been stillborn, and it may in fact have contributed to Citroen becoming insolvent at the time.

Would I own either? Yes, proudly. I can only wish Mazda would take the hint though.

Likes Cars With Orbicular Windmill Engines
    Still sandy lol!
    Tough to admit when you're wrong?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    So I've now started asking Have there been significant automobiles fitted with a Wankel?

My first task was to define "significant." I decided to define that as "automobiles that have been declared COTY" as the COTY is given by a voting body comprising members from a wide variety of countries, making it quite relevant.

It turns out there are! By my count, 1.5 cars have had a Wankel and were (nonetheless?) voted COTY.

1. NSU Ro 80. I'm a fan. The body alone was two decades ahead of its time. The Wankel didn't work then of course, and NSU was in a bad way by the time all was said and done. And when all was said and done, there was no more NSU. A shame, I liked NSU in general. The IP went to VAG eventually I think, and it could explain the presence of a Wankel mini-motor in the safety systems used by VAG cars (I think it was originally called Procon Ten or something?).

2. Citroen GS. Very cool car, very Citroen, knelt like a camel to let the passengers in. This is the ".5" in my "1.5" cars above, since I can't find any proof Citroen produced the Wankel. It may have been stillborn, and it may in fact have contributed to Citroen becoming insolvent at the time.

Would I own either? Yes, proudly. I can only wish Mazda would take the hint though.
    How about the Norton Commander w/ the Wankel?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Tough to admit when your ****** is sandy? Cmon, admit it. You posted it on your Wankel forum.

I have never once failed to get a Wankel fan upset. It always brightens my day.

I Support ClubWRX
    And I quote from the Wikipedia Article Titled "Rotary Engine"

"This article is about a type of piston engine with a rotating cylinder block. For the pistonless Wankel engine, see Wankel engine."
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!