WRX vs RX8 - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs RX8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zax You'll have to tow it to the next owner, though. You know, i'd just tow it ...

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    You'll have to tow it to the next owner, though.
    You know, i'd just tow it everywhere. God forbid your rotary engine blows out its gennies everywhere and makes it impossible to sell lol.

@ OP:

Do me a favor and go to cars.com and look up RX8's you will notice they are all being sold at 70-120k miles, and there is a LOT of them. (I applaud the individuals who have a working car at 120k)

Got a buddy who had one, his just blew up, now hes buying a subey lol
    Zak
    Stink Eye Mob #35
    '09 WRX Hatch
    COBB Accessport: TP Stage 1 Tune
    3" COBB Single Tip Catback, COBB Shortshifter, 1/2 Bilstein Lowering Springs, Perrin Strut, Whiteline Sways, 18x7.5 Enkei Ev05

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I dated a girl who had a red one with the black dots on it so it looked like a lady bug. Eyelashes around the headlights and all. And it was a fishbowl so needless to say, we didn't take that car very often.
    OMG thank god hers is normal. It's silver, black leather interior, loaded up with power everything and even has egg boilers. It's actually a very nice car to drive.

Go get yourself a Blobeye or a Hawkeye WRX and call it a day, or better yet, blow off the Hawkeye, and get a Blobeye, maybe '04 STI. You can soup that thing up reallll quick too. Downpipes for that year are like 200 bucks as opposed to 600 for my car lol.

& for the record I smoked a new one on the Highway coming home about a month ago...
    Zak
    Stink Eye Mob #35
    '09 WRX Hatch
    3" COBB Single Tip Catback, COBB Shortshifter, 1/2 Bilstein Lowering Springs, Perrin Strut, Whiteline Sways, 18x7.5 Enkei Ev05

Likes Cars With Orbicular Windmill Engines
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    No matter how you slice it, the Wankel is a time bomb. Newer examples do have a longer fuse, but still a time bomb. They have the reputation for a reason. It's the same situation as the early US production WRX that had a reputation for a glass trans. Many of them broke but some people had 200k on them without an issue. No matter how much they argued, it was still a glass trans.

He isn't arguing, he's correct. A rotary is an airplane engine.

Just throw it in. I love that. lol

Do a little research. You'll be surprised. A Wankel has no pistons. A Rotary usually has flack marks all over it and is hanging in a museum somewhere.
    Find an advertisement, brochure, or any peice of literature from Mazda that doesn't call this engine a rotary. Everything, including technical publications (whitepapers) call it a rotary engine. If you think your going to change the terminology by posting on a Subaru forum, your wasting hard drive space.

I guess I must really be testing fate by driving a rotary with over 160,000 miles AND a bugeye with 120,000. Oh dear!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by me73 View Post
    Find an advertisement, brochure, or any peice of literature from Mazda that doesn't call this engine a rotary. Everything, including technical publications (whitepapers) call it a rotary engine. If you think your going to change the terminology by posting on a Subaru forum, your wasting hard drive space.

I guess I must really be testing fate by driving a rotary with over 160,000 miles AND a bugeye with 120,000. Oh dear!
    Uh oh, somebody got sand in their vag.

I'm didn't try to change anything. Mazda can call it what they want. The rotory engine predates the Wankel by 40 years.

No matter what Mazda calls it, it's not a rotary. VW could call my engine a Purple People Eater, but that doesn't make it one.

Here are two links for your reading entertainment.

Rotary engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wankel engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Oh boy. It IS a rotary engine. Use basic logic skills. We've stated that a Wankel is a Rotary engine, but this doesn't mean that a rotary engine is necessarily a Wankel engine.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Registered User Blue Baby Sound's Avatar

Per WIKI:
    The most notable pistonless rotary engine, the Wankel rotary engine has also been used in cars (notably by NSU in the Ro80 and by Mazda in a variety of cars such as the RX-series which includes the popular RX-7 and RX-8), as well as in some experimental aviation applications.
    RX8 is still a rotary. /thread.
    Stink-Eye Mob #667

2011 WRX Limited (Joan)
    2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (Thor)
    1965 Chevrolet Impala (Clara)

Intro Thread- PICS

zax
    Uh oh, somebody got sand in their vag.

I'm didn't try to change anything. Mazda can call it what they want. The rotory engine predates the Wankel by 40 years.

No matter what Mazda calls it, it's not a rotary. VW could call my engine a Purple People Eater, but that doesn't make it one.

Here are two links for your reading entertainment.

Wankel engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    TR, in his defense, the Wankel article does state the following:
    This article is about a particular type of modern rotary combustion engine. For other types of modern rotary combustion engines, see rotary combustion engine. For the early 1900s aircraft and motorcycle radial-cylindered engines with rotating cylinder blocks/crankcases, see rotary engine.

Facebook me here

I Support ClubWRX
    TR, in his defense, the Wankel article does state the following:
    Oh absolutely. I know what it's called in popular culture. It's still fun to get a Wankel nut all upset with this argument. Right now he's pacing around his room swearing at the computer and posting on his Wankel forum for support.

Interesting though, both the Rotary and the Wankel were invented by somebody named Felix. Hmmmmm.......coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!
    Last edited by Trainrex; 02-01-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Well now that eve cleared this up. Rotaries, and Wankels...both suck.
    Zak
    Stink Eye Mob #35
    '09 WRX Hatch

Registered User Blue Baby Sound's Avatar
    ^ +1
    Stink-Eye Mob #667

2011 WRX Limited (Joan)
    2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (Thor)
    1965 Chevrolet Impala (Clara)

Intro Thread- PICS

zax
    Oh absolutely. I know what it's called in popular culture. It's still fun to get a Wankel nut all upset with this argument. Right now he's pacing around his room swearing at the computer and posting on his Wankel forum for support.

Interesting though, both the Rotary and the Wankel were invented by somebody named Felix. Hmmmmm.......coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!

ROFLCLAMF at your avatar :roftl:. TR, you really are :evil:

Facebook me here

I Support ClubWRX
    y by posting on a Subaru forum, your wasting hard drive space.
    If you're truly concerned about TR using too much of our hard drive space..well, you're about 8 years too late to the party.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    ROFLCLAMF at your avatar :roftl:. TR, you really are :evil:
    I'm evil, manipulative, oppressive, argumentative, and just flat out mean. In other words perfect ClubWRX Administrator material.

I Support ClubWRX
    Brilliant avatar I have to say!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.