WRX vs RX8 - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs RX8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by spirited09wrx threres something to be said about the new beetles. the top of the line ones with ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    threres something to be said about the new beetles. the top of the line ones with the turbos are pretty nice looking. they definitely have that John Dilinger gangster car look that the PT Cruiser was striving for but failed
    I don't see drive bys in a 2012 Beetle happening.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

understeer is easily combatted with a few hundred dollars worth of new sway bars, if that's your concern.

My question to you - what exactly do you want in a car? That'll help us give you suggestions.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

I Support ClubWRX
    If I were the OP I would get an RWD Honda, an RWD Mazda that's not got a Wankel, or a turbo Subaru that's not got a 5spd, probably in that order given track day fun. The Subaru will be the most practical but he's already had two or so.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I don't see drive bys in a 2012 Beetle happening.
    thats only bc you cant take the 30"s from the cutless supreme and put them on the beetle...der
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    an RWD Mazda that's not got a Wankel
    I believe he's SOL on this one unless he's looking pre-1990
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I believe he's SOL on this one unless he's looking pre-1990
    Miata. The later cars are more powerful but even the early cars are loads of fun. I'm not saying MR2 because well sorted cars are not easy to find, they're expensive, and parts are getting scarce, plus they're all more demanding. Miata.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

zax
    Miata. The later cars are more powerful but even the early cars are loads of fun. I'm not saying MR2 because well sorted cars are not easy to find, they're expensive, and parts are getting scarce, plus they're all more demanding. Miata.
    Damn. I knew I missed the obvious one.

Facebook me here

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I've always wanted an MR2. There are a few for sale around here but people want way too much money. Especially for the turbo models. I would own a miata for auto-x but it would never come out of the garage except for events. And in my garage it would be covered so my friends couldnt see it. I would however drive an S2K daily
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's interesting how we differ! Take a look, we're in contrast:

I would drive a Miata daily.

I would not buy a turbo MR2, any year; the atmospherically aspirated cars are a better choice.

I would not drive an S2000 daily. The Miata or the MR2 are better DD choices.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It's interesting how we differ! Take a look, we're in contrast:

I would drive a Miata daily.

I would not buy a turbo MR2, any year; the atmospherically aspirated cars are a better choice.

I would not drive an S2000 daily. The Miata or the MR2 are better DD choices.
    I have my justifications!

Miatas, don't like the looks of them. I also do not find them comfortable to be in.

An N/A car is always a better choice! But potentially less on the "fun factor." I have never driven an N/A MR2 or owned the Turbo model so I can't really say one way or the other.

I just like the S2K best on looks and comfort. Never having owned any of these cars though, I can't give much more of a reason than that.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd probably be fine with an NA MR2 had I not owned a Turbo.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

zax
    SD I thought you owned (multiple at different times) a turbo MR2?

Facebook me here

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    SD I thought you owned (multiple at different times) a turbo MR2?
    I've owned two MR2, and at one point we had them both at once. Neither was turbo though. We only have one left. I may have given the wrong impression in a previous post or something.

Well its starting to look like a wrx or 2.5i is going to be the best choice. The miata, s2k, mr2 and 350z are all small 2 seater cars which are not very practical since i'll only have one car. The 350z would probably be the car i'd pick if I had to choose. I have a regular cab ranger right now, which is comparable in interior size to one of these cars, and it annoys me at times. I only looked at the rx8 cause it has 4 seats, and fairly practical, but i just dont trust the engines in them.

I Support ClubWRX
    Buy something else before a 2.5i for track fun IMO.