Sweet race vid...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

This is a discussion on Sweet race vid... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...

  1. #1
    Registered User wrx1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dover DE
    Posts
    614

    Sweet race vid...


  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User Undead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    90
    2005 WRX "Yosh Yosh"
    ** The Blobeye Syndicate ** #442

  4. #3
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,718
    I Support ClubWRX
    LOL.I saw that earlier today.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

  5. #4
    Registered User djclue8713's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Springfield, MA
    Posts
    566
    Cliffs:

    I needed a good laugh. Wow haha.

  6. #5
    Registered User 06scoobyrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    2,606
    Hehe... I like how the C5 took out the C6 in the end...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

  7. #6
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,514
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex
    Hehe... I like how the C5 took out the C6 in the end...
    The driver was jealous
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  8. #7
    Registered User 06scoobyrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    2,606
    Yeah thats what I was thinking...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

  9. #8
    Dimensional Drifter Rambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Planet Express
    Posts
    4,670
    I Support ClubWRX
    Haha, I saw this on Jalopnik yesterday. I guess there are warrants for their arrests now. One of them is just a kid.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

    He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

  10. #9
    Registered User sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Santa Cruz California
    Posts
    109
    Happy Thanksgiving dumb-asses. LOL
    Second place just means you were first too lose!

  11. #10
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,514
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo
    Haha, I saw this on Jalopnik yesterday. I guess there are warrants for their arrests now. One of them is just a kid.
    Not surprising. The videotaker got a clear shot of both their license plates...

    No insurance claims will be approved because of this either, so they'll be paying for this out of pocket as well.
    Last edited by EJ257; 11-27-2011 at 07:57 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  12. #11
    Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    762
    Is it wrong that I find that so ... satisfying.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP OTS Stage 1 93, STS (the dream comes true ...)

  13. #12
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,786
    I Support ClubWRX
    When folks defend streetracing on this forum, we should just answer with "Because race car...", with a link to this video.
    Just an idea.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  14. #13
    The Member michaelwfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    3,274
    I Support ClubWRX
    Man I wish he would've kept recording. I'd have loved to see the faces when they got out of the cars!

    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    When folks defend streetracing on this forum, we should just answer with "Because race car...", with a link to this video.
    Just an idea.
    Lol that would likely end any argument pretty quickly!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

    My "Build" Thread!

    2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

  15. #14
    Registered User John M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Milledgeville, GA
    Posts
    749
    If he'd recorded a clean run, what would have become of the footage? Where would all the righteous speechmaking be then? They could have pulled away from the light normally and been plowed into by a runaway garbage truck. Would we then call for the removal of garbage trucks from public roadways?

    They took a risk, lost, and will face the consequences for it. The biggest use of the video is for countless people in forums everywhere to post how they're too good to have done such a thing. The secondary responses inevitably include the "Well of course they wrecked, they drive Corvettes and we drive (insert forum name here)" and the more generic "Well duh, domestic cars suck at turning!"

    I'm just avoiding the bandwagon. I don't consider myself any better or worse than the people in the video and it serves no purpose for me to point at them and say "Hah ha!"
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

  16. #15
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,582
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post



    Lol that would likely end any argument pretty quickly!
    Nope. See post below ha ha.

    Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    If he'd recorded a clean run, what would have become of the footage? Where would all the righteous speechmaking be then? They could have pulled away from the light normally and been plowed into by a runaway garbage truck. Would we then call for the removal of garbage trucks from public roadways?

    They took a risk, lost, and will face the consequences for it. The biggest use of the video is for countless people in forums everywhere to post how they're too good to have done such a thing. The secondary responses inevitably include the "Well of course they wrecked, they drive Corvettes and we drive (insert forum name here)" and the more generic "Well duh, domestic cars suck at turning!"

    I'm just avoiding the bandwagon. I don't consider myself any better or worse than the people in the video and it serves no purpose for me to point at them and say "Hah ha!"
    Most of us have done it. Some of us have lived and learned that it isn't a good idea. Those who have learned will attempt to advise the next generation not to make the same mistakes. When you reach that point, your view will change.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •