Wrx or ss?
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx or ss? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a 2011 wrx premium and its all stock 265hp wit short throw shifter, is it faster then the ...

Wrx or ss?

I have a 2011 wrx premium and its all stock 265hp wit short throw shifter, is it faster then the 2009-2010 cobalt ss turbo? Like off a dig or roll?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Same driver, same conditions...WRX from a dig, Cobalt from a roll. Otherwise the dig could go either way depending on driver.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Well my friend has a 09 ss turbo he claims he can smoke me from a dig nd roll. But iam pretty sure i can smoke it from either because i was neck and neck wit a mazda speed 3 nd i had a bit of a pull like half a car on it. I also smoked a 05 sti with full catback exhaust the driver was a good driver just that i am better with my car. stock vs stock i am pretty sure i can take the ss either way. Why do u say he can take me
    Off the roll?

I Support ClubWRX
    This is probably enough threads for you to ask this in.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I didnt know how to make thread but i figured it out haha sorry.

he will probably take you from a roll because once both cars are going the same speed, cobalt has to put the power to only 2 wheels as opposed to 4... wrx has more drivetain loss because its awd, therefore, from a roll he should be able to slightly beat you, but only marginally. from a dig, you'll have 2-3 car lengths on him by the time you 60mph, if not more. by the time he catches up and overtakes you, it won't matter because the 1/4 mile is long done with.
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

Yeah the roll race i dont even concider that a race anyway. Drag race consists of r/t, but i am pretty sure i can take him on a roll too i took on a ms3 by half a car. But from a dig i am sure i can smoke him bad, he wont stand a chance. The new wrx 0-60 in 4.4 sec wit shorth throw shifter so thats a second and half behind the ss is 5.8. I accually smoked a 335i the other day off a roll nd dig.

WRX will win from a dig if you can launch the car well which I don't recommend to do often.
    Turbo Cobalt will win from a roll vs a stock wrx once you hit 3rd gear he will start to pull you.
    The stock wrx power just tapers off in 3rd gear. Once I got my Cobb Ap and down pipe I was amazing how much better the car pulled in 3rd and 4th gear.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I accually take my car to the auto cross i have recieved the best time out of all of the stock cars i even beat a 430 ferrari by 1 sec around track haha. But what can i doo to get my wrx up too 400hp+?

I am more then sure i can smoke a ss of the line to 100mph wit no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadir07 View Post
    I accually take my car to the auto cross i have recieved the best time out of all of the stock cars i even beat a 430 ferrari by 1 sec around track haha. But what can i doo to get my wrx up too 400hp+?
    Nice driving!

400whp? turbo back exhaust, intake, at least a 20g turbo even on E85, front mount intercooler, fuel pump, injectors, professional tune, etc... And at 400hp it all depends on how you drive if it last.

Here's some info for you... He is making 426whp on E85 fuel.
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2243209

I am more then sure i can smoke a ss of the line to 100mph wit no problem.
    It would be a good race but once your in 3rd gear the Cobalt is going to start making ground on you.
    Last edited by Eric05mx; 10-28-2011 at 04:49 PM.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

stock vs stock i am pretty sure i can take the ss either way. Why do u say he can take me
    Off the roll?
    similar power numbers, similar weight.. one big difference, he's only driving two wheels vs you're driving all 4. Drag is not on your side either..so between driveline loss and aerodynamic drag the cobalt will start to gain advantage above 100mph.

Now that said, I used to ABUSE my friends cobalt ss with my old merkur (mk1 sierra) .. and I was only making maybe 220-230hp at that time. Again though, still comparing 2wd cars. Awd takes quite a bit more power to keep pushing at speed vs the fwd or rwd counterparts.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    But what can i doo to get my wrx up too 400hp+?
    spend about 10k and keep a good chunk in the bank for when more breaks
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Hahaha well i allways thought the ss looked like it was a new cavalier haha but i will get it up there then would wrx be faster if it had 400 whp then cobalt if that had 400 fwhp?

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    WHP means next to nothing most of the time. One dyno that reads 400 whp could read 350 on another and 450 on another. Plus dyno numbers don't always equal street performance
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast