Wrx or ss? - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx or ss? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by MainFrame Well, one time I drove in >24 inches of water without problems.. of course once I ...

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Well, one time I drove in >24 inches of water without problems.. of course once I could see my headlights shining under water I decided it was a bad idea, backed up, pulled out a blanket and took a nap in the drivers seat till the water receded.
    Drews didn't heed that same caution unfortunately.

When did anyone say anything about having to drive across a state in 24 inches of snow? I never said I did that. I said I've driven in it in NJ and PA. A quick rip to Wawa, the Beer store, couple miles at most, etc (you know, the necessities). But some have said that its impossible that I couldn't do that...retarded. Some people must not know how to drive in snow.

If anyone tried to drive across long distances like that in any car, it'd be retarded. I've gone from Philly to AC in 15 inches of snow in a Toyota Tundra (no AWD) with 700lbs of bagged concrete in the back, UNPLOWED, and that was 4 hours of nailbiting.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Drews didn't heed that same caution unfortunately.
    I prevailed.

And Brick killed a guy.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    with a trident.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadir07 View Post
    Toqued performance its called.
    That's the tune i run. I have been through Cobb stage 2, Perrin stage 2 and TP stage 2. I would have to say the TP seemed to be the smoothest of them all. The Perrin seemed to be a little jumpy but felt more aggressive than the cobb. The TP felt like the perrin but was smooth like the cobb so its like the best of both worlds. Only thing is you need the software and a tactrix cable for your laptop... then you can load the tune.

Been a while since I've been in this forum, glad nothing has changed.

I've driven through an ocean, put some boats to shame.

I know it's been answered a million times, but my WRX feasts on my friend's SS.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    I've driven through an ocean, put some boats to shame.
    OMG wut
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

zax
    My WRX will SMOKE Luigi and Donkey Kong around Rainbow Road ANY day
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    My WRX will SMOKE Luigi and Donkey Kong around Rainbow Road ANY day
    AWD dominates on that course.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234 View Post
    That's the tune i run. I have been through Cobb stage 2, Perrin stage 2 and TP stage 2. I would have to say the TP seemed to be the smoothest of them all. The Perrin seemed to be a little jumpy but felt more aggressive than the cobb. The TP felt like the perrin but was smooth like the cobb so its like the best of both worlds. Only thing is you need the software and a tactrix cable for your laptop... then you can load the tune.
    I run the Torqued Performance tune with my AP. Didn't have to buy a tactrix cable for my laptop or anything like that. You just load the map in the AccessTuner Race software and then save it, which gets rid of the "notlinked" at the end of the .ptm filename. Then you can load that onto your AP with the USB cable and flash as usual. I had to call Eric to walk me through it, but it worked like a charm once I did it. The TP map is noticeably more aggressive than the Cobb map, and the datalogs I've pulled look fantastic as far as A/F correction, knock correction, fine knock learning, boost levels, etc. Looks like a pretty safe tune overall, yet it pushes higher boost levels. The target boost for the Stage 2+ AEM intake map is 20psi.

I'm not sure how long the turbo will last running at those boost levels with my aggressive driving habits, but the engine runs incredibly smooth.

BTW, the AEM intake sounds AWESOME. Totally removed any itch I had for a BOV/BPV.

I just did a stage 3 on toqued performance making 405 whp. this is one of the best tunes i have ever had on any of my cars! so much better then cobb.

I just did a stage 3 on toqued performance making 405 whp. this is one of the best tunes i have ever had on any of my cars! so much better then cobb.
    What turbo?
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

According to this link to Torqued Performance's website the stage three uses the stock turbo.
    There is no way you're getting 405whp on a stock turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    According to this link to Torqued Performance's website the stage three uses the stock turbo.
    There is no way you're getting 405whp on a stock turbo.
    Hmm, interesting to see he offer's maps for an IC upgrade and EBCS. Even with those parts and a protune your looking at 300whp on 93oct.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.