Wrx or ss? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx or ss? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This thread is ridiculous....

I Support ClubWRX
    This thread is ridiculous.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Yes it is.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    I would love to see you drive ANY car in 30+ inches of snow. And no, I'm not talking about getting a run for it and going down hill in very light powder. I'm talking a legit 30 inches.
    http://tucsoncitizen.com/three-sonor...mag-032311.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-W.../P1020677t.jpg

This is how much snow we got last season in Tahoe.

I'll give you that driving through that much PA snow is impossible. I really have no idea as I've never been there. But I've driven in 20+ inches countless times growing up in CO and living in Tahoe... to say that Garrett and I don't know what I'm talking about is rather ridiculous. Hell, my house growing up was at the top of a mile long dirt road that my family and my neighbors had to plow ourselves... there were plenty of times where that hadn't been done by the time I had to leave for school. I can remember several times driving my parents Toyota Highlander through unplowed, untracked, thigh-deep snow all the way to the highway... felt kinda like skiing in powder actually.
    Last edited by Monk_Knight; 10-30-2011 at 08:08 PM.

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post

This is how much snow we got last season in Tahoe.
    Damn!.. That's a pretty awesome winter last year. That picture makes me sad though. I can't wait for snow to come into the Reno/Tahoe area. This is the first season I'm snowboarding and they're forecasting a dry western winter. Snow please come!
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

Honestly it seems like every winter there are people saying it's never gonna snow. I've already gotten in the first powder run of the year up on Rose a couple weeks ago and I've heard rumors of a 2nd La Nina like last year. Shouldn't be long now

KHP
    Honestly it seems like every winter there are people saying it's never gonna snow. I've already gotten in the first powder run of the year up on Rose a couple weeks ago and I've heard rumors of a 2nd La Nina like last year. Shouldn't be long now
    So it was you !!! Who tainted the Mt. Rose slopes several weeks ago lol jk. My coworkers and I were watching the mountain cams keenly while it was snowing. Upon closer look the mountain looked like it's been carved already. I bet that was fun having the mountain to yourself .

Oh man, I wish I had been one of those. We just went to the summit of the pass and hiked up morning after the first snow before class. I saw those tracks too though... must have been some sick runs. There were a ton of people out there for almost a week though, setting up boxes and jibs and such right out of the summit parking lot.

KHP
    Oh man, I wish I had been one of those. We just went to the summit of the pass and hiked up morning after the first snow before class. I saw those tracks too though... must have been some sick runs. There were a ton of people out there for almost a week though, setting up boxes and jibs and such right out of the summit parking lot.
    Woot! We have snow forecast this coming weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    you have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe in PA you have really wet snow all the time but 20 inches of powder doesn't mean that much on the roads. And Kadir07....Grammar and spelling, Im begging you. Those two posts were painful to read
    I'll verify that I've driven my last TWO STIs through PA and NJ snow of upwards of 24 inches without any problems. 350z...not so much
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I'll verify that I've driven my last TWO STIs through PA and NJ snow of upwards of 24 inches without any problems. 350z...not so much
    Impossible.

I suspect that the roads may have been plowed.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator817 View Post
    Impossible.

I suspect that the roads may have been plowed.
    I've been living in this area for 26 years now (only some count though since I moved to the area when I was 3)...but I'm pretty sure I know what the difference between plowed and not plowed is...

Here was a measured 15 inch storm...was at my parents house. I was plowed IN deeper.

23 seconds later no shovel:
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

KHP
    So may doubters in here lol. My WRX with winter tires made all sorts of 4x4/AWD trucks/suvs cry last winter. It's awesome to watch the drivers jaw drop in disbelief that a small car is plowing though while their trucks are stuck on the side of the road.

But the streets are plowed. You didn't drive across any states in 24 inches of snow, you drove in a 24 inch snowstorm on plowed roads. 24 inches is as tall as your tires. Its a subaru, not a submarine.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.

But the streets are plowed. You didn't drive across any states in 24 inches of snow, you drove in a 24 inch snowstorm on plowed roads. 24 inches is as tall as your tires. Its a subaru, not a submarine.
    That's what I was getting at with my post. I don't doubt my car one bit, just being realistic about it. My gf had an impreza with winter tires that I always put to the test drifting and playing off road in snow storms. Ya, you can make it through some deep snow for a short distance if it's fresh and you have momentum but you ARE NOT driving any CAR that's 7 inches off the ground, Subaru or not in 24+ inches of snow very far unless it's down hill the entire way.

Before this car I've always owned a truck and did a decent amount of off roading in winter after we got a big snow storm. A few of my friends had lifts and big tires but I just had 4 studded tires and put 250lbs of sand bags in the bed and my truck went awesome in deep snow but once you got into the range of 24+ inches it started to struggle.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Well, one time I drove in >24 inches of water without problems.. of course once I could see my headlights shining under water I decided it was a bad idea, backed up, pulled out a blanket and took a nap in the drivers seat till the water receded.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.