Wrx or ss? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx or ss? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I accually just raced him off a dig 0-110mph and i won by 1 and half car lengths after all ...

I accually just raced him off a dig 0-110mph and i won by 1 and half car lengths after all the wrx is faster. We did a 20mph roll up to 100mph i pulled on him but could not catch me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Im going to hope this was on a track...if not. STOP street racing
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadir07 View Post
    I accually just raced him off a dig 0-110mph and i won by 1 and half car lengths after all the wrx is faster. We did a 20mph roll up to 100mph i pulled on him but could not catch me.
    Keep it going
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

It was on the street but we have a street where no one lives and there is never trafic which the whole town does races. The ss is accually slow off the start Even with the launch control, off the dig i was pull on him like it was a cobalt lt ahahahha. But i need help with this stage 2 or 3, i never modded wrx i did to my old rx7 but never on wrx what is the gains on the stage 2-3 on cobb? I heard about this 60$ tune that i only need downpipe for?

Toqued performance its called.

A wrx is lot nicer then a cobolt. It's embarrassing ur comparing the two. Do more research. Most do access port with cobbs maps.
    11WRX Ltd - COBB Stage 2+AEM HWG 93 Octane
    COBB Downpipe - SPT Exhaust - AEM Intake
    Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT - JL Audio W6v2 & XD600/1

Really though, the Cobalt is not all that bad. Its not like the interior can be much worse than the crappy interior in the WRX. And it does have really good performance, as well as a proper LSD that gives it pretty much the same if not better traction than the WRX on corner exit. They really aren't bad cars, and stock for stock, its just as fast and handles just as well as the WRX.

But its a cobalt. I'm part of the crowd that feels, "I don't care how great it is, I don't want to own a Cobalt". Stupid, I know. But that's how I feel.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator817 View Post
    Really though, the Cobalt is not all that bad. Its not like the interior can be much worse than the crappy interior in the WRX. And it does have really good performance, as well as a proper LSD that gives it pretty much the same if not better traction than the WRX on corner exit. They really aren't bad cars, and stock for stock, its just as fast and handles just as well as the WRX.

But its a cobalt. I'm part of the crowd that feels, "I don't care how great it is, I don't want to own a Cobalt". Stupid, I know. But that's how I feel.
    I'm with you on that one. We have a bunch of Cobalt, Neon, Caviler, Tiburon, etc... Wanna be racers in the area so I could never own something like that. I'm more of a muscle car fan but you can't beat a wrx for year round fun.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Well put.

I agree also, cobalts are not fun in winter at all, all i know is when 20 inches of snow hits they will be callin subies to get then out the ditch lol wrx looks way better then ss interior nd exterior.

Most people dont understand the testing for the turbo cobalt was done by proffessional drivers most drivers today cant even shift right lol so the numbers would be way off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadir07 View Post
    I agree also, cobalts are not fun in winter at all, all i know is when 20 inches of snow hits they will be callin subies to get then out the ditch lol wrx looks way better then ss interior nd exterior.
    When 20 inches of snow hits your Subaru will be going no where.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    When 20 inches of snow hits your Subaru will be going no where.
    I disagree whole heartily. 20 inches of snow does not mean 20 inches on the roads. I have driven my car the day after its snowed over 2ft no problem.
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    I disagree whole heartily. 20 inches of snow does not mean 20 inches on the roads. I have driven my car the day after its snowed over 2ft no problem.
    Obviously. You could have 3 feet of snow and once the roads are plowed of course you will be able to drive your car. AWD and winter tires won't do anything for you when you run out of ground clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    Obviously. You could have 3 feet of snow and once the roads are plowed of course you will be able to drive your car. AWD and winter tires won't do anything for you when you run out of ground clearance.
    I've driven on approaching 20 inches of unpaved road. Clearance with snow is not the same with clearance of dirt. Snow isn't solid and can be driven over and flattened. WRX AWD + Winter tires + Good driving can get you through 20 inches of unpaved snow. Cobalt.....doubtful
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast