2004 wrx wagon vs 2004 srt-4

This is a discussion on 2004 wrx wagon vs 2004 srt-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok guys so i just sold my srt-4 and bought this wrx wagon i love the car to death, but ...

2004 wrx wagon vs 2004 srt-4

ok guys so i just sold my srt-4 and bought this wrx wagon i love the car to death, but it just doesn't seem to have as much power as my srt4. my srt4 have a catless down pipe, tune, intake, fuel pump,and exhaust. this wrx i now have has a cobb turbo back exhaust and a cobb tuner. i feel like that my srt would still beat my car now is there any suggestions you guys have to help get a little more power out of this car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome aboard! Honestly, mod-for-mod it's not surprising that you put down more power in your SRT-4. Those little engines reportedly respond really well, plus you don't have AWD drivetrain losses.

2 things to check out are:

1)Make sure that the car is in good working order. Did you get compression and leakdown checked on the engine before buying it, by any chance? If it's not running up to spec, then power will be down.

2)With that taken care of, I would visit an experienced Subaru tuner with access to an AWD dyno. They can bring the car up to an optimized Stage 2 level and then you can decide if it's enough.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Get a better tune. I personally don't like pre loaded maps. Also it's not about how much power ur car has but the way you drive it lol sorry I had to say it. My buddies boosted focus felt like it would. Crush my wagon but on the track I took him on another not if you race do it responsibly an do it on the track and be aware of the potential failures and labor cost.
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

I agree with the pro-tune suggestions.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Your SRT4 was more powerful. With a bigger engine, bigger factory turbo, and stock FMIC, it's no surprise that it would be faster than a WRX with similar mods.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.