2011 Dodge Charger R/T AWD vs. 2006?? STI - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2011 Dodge Charger R/T AWD vs. 2006?? STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The only charger I would buy, would be a 1970. I think the new ones are a big fail! At ...

The only charger I would buy, would be a 1970. I think the new ones are a big fail! At least make it more of a resemblance to the original and make it a 2door. It's like making a mustang and a camaro in 4door, or even worse a vette! Lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    The only charger I would buy, would be a 1970. I think the new ones are a big fail! At least make it more of a resemblance to the original and make it a 2door. It's like making a mustang and a camaro in 4door, or even worse a vette! Lol
    I couldn't disagree more. This car is a huge success in everyway. Have you even looked at the brand new charger? The rear end is 70s charger in every way and the body lines are spectacular.

Dodge allready has the Challenger which is there two door sports car. The original charger was suppose.to be an intrepid not a charger. The idiots that were running Dodge at the time threw the charger name on it for name recognition it was a bad mistake. And I agree with the 1st Gen 4 door charger being a fail. But the new one was designed with a Guy like me in mind. I have a family and needed a full size sedan. I didn't want a minivnan or impala I wanted power. I'm a gear head and they designed the car around the wants of a family man. Big enough to travel in an powerful enough to rip the skin off your face on a dead stop or a rolling start with an extra 600 lbs of people and stuff in the car. So for the family man who wants a muscle car it is the perfect choice. They.knew what they were doing in this one. And last thing a Corvette is a bad example because it is a two seater and always has been. All those other cars you named were 4 seaters. So it is not a fail in the sense of it being a great car, but a fail in the sense that the nostalgic value was ruined with a four door.

It's all personal preference, I would take my 11 hatch over a new charger any day. If I want a mid sized family sedan that has power and more space than a wrx I would go with a e60 BMW m5 or some sort of S class AMG Benz. I am just not a big fan of domestic cars anymore, I just think imports have far superior styling and technology. The BMW and Benz cost more, but you get what you pay for. The new charger just throws me off, I grew up with it being a 2dr muscle power house, not a family truckster with balls. Lo They don't look to bad, but sucks you got all the thugs and goofballs that put 22in and up wheels on them and tarnish the image of the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Lets not get into a pissing match over the size of cars, or the fact that the charger is a 4 door.. Also avoid the racial comments that is not needed here.

I <3 Chubbys!
    Last edited by Sinister; 10-22-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by TurboBoost View Post
    Dodge is no longer in any way affiliated with mercedes anymore and is fiat now. There are no more mercedes parts in the new charger, 300, challenger etc. It is a complete redesign of the interior and of the exterior. It still maintains the same general shape of the 1st gen charger but it is a completely different car. Look up some of the reviews on the new charger, you won't find a single bad review. It is a completely different car then what it was last year. I have never been a dodge guy, but when I saw the comercial for it with the new rear end design i knew it was my next car.
    I knew all of that. I was just stating that even in its last iteration it was a well-made car. I also love the rear end of the new car even though we all know they stole it from the Challenger to give the Charger more sales. It doesn't make it any less awesome though. FWIW, I never considered any Dodge product either till buying my truck (after driving Ford and Chevy too). I rented a Challenger v6 when they were new and liked it enough to recommend the R/T to several friends.

As for the "image" of the Dodge/Chrysler products, I don't care what someone else's perception of a brand is. I care about how the car drives, rides, and makes me feel while I drive it. The Charger (and all SRT8 products) pulls that off while being a good daily driver too. Just because the other guy has 22in spinners on his doesn't mean I have to.

Luxury brands are a good choice too. A used E55 is a great performance bargain but the maintenance can cost you. I'm not a BMW fan at all so you couldn't give me one My brother has a CL65 and Top Gear's show is is dead-on about how it is to drive (check YouTube for the episode) but I'm not in that price range.

Now I'm off to tinker on my project Lexus. Restoring a 20yr old SC400 is a never-ending task.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    I liked my SRT8 Charger quite a bit.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    It's all personal preference,
    Wisdom. There could be many reasons why someone might prefer a larger car over our relatively small Impreza's. My wagon will hold my family (car seats when they were in use) and some stuff in the back, but any more than that becomes a stretch for a longer trip.

The hard truth is that in day-to-day use of acceleration, a newer V8 Charger would crush most of our cars here on the forum. I also love the old muscle cars from the '60's/'70's, but you might be surprised at what it would be like to drive on a daily basis. The world of cars has changed a lot since then.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.