1/4 drag race: 02 WRX wagon vs. 04 RSX Type S - Who would win?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 1/4 drag race: 02 WRX wagon vs. 04 RSX Type S - Who would win? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Mine: 02 WRX Wagon 4eat tranny Mostly stock except K&N drop in air filter, 07 STI turbo back exhaust Him: ...

Question 1/4 drag race: 02 WRX wagon vs. 04 RSX Type S - Who would win?

Mine:
    02 WRX Wagon
    4eat tranny
    Mostly stock except K&N drop in air filter, 07 STI turbo back exhaust

Him:
    04 RSX Type S
    6 speed tranny, 200 hp, salvaged title ( idk if it was stolen or car wrecked) mostly stock also.

The story: me and our friends were thinking about getting together and going to test and tune night at firebird raceway in phoenix cus we dont condone street racing. so we started taking smack to each other about whos car is fastest and joking around. my friends are mostly honda fans, which is where i got my start in the car scene. but i now drive a bug eye wagon. so one of them says he wants to race my wagon.

my question: on paper, my car wins because its turbo charged, awd, more HP and torque. But the advantage my buddy i think his car has is that his car is manual and has 2 more gears then i do. I cant rev my engine up at the starting line unless i brake boost and risk damaging my tranny. Then as top end goes, he has 2 more gears and my wagon hits fourth gear and its pretty much an over drive gear.

So who do you think would win?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I seem to remember the RSX-S's being faster than most people think. You say "mostly stock"...does he have any engine management? Seems like Hondata was able to move those cars right along.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

with the stock TC and everything, I think you're on the losing end of this fight, honestly. There are some people who mod their 4eat's to handle the quarter mile - they end up with undriveable cars that wreck the quarter no problem.

Definitely go through with it, and do the brake boost - just not for more than a couple seconds and there's no risk.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I seem to remember the RSX-S's being faster than most people think. You say "mostly stock"...does he have any engine management? Seems like Hondata was able to move those cars right along.
    nah no engine management. I do agree that if he did have hondata, it would make a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    with the stock TC and everything, I think you're on the losing end of this fight, honestly. There are some people who mod their 4eat's to handle the quarter mile - they end up with undriveable cars that wreck the quarter no problem.

Definitely go through with it, and do the brake boost - just not for more than a couple seconds and there's no risk.
    about what rpm should i brake boost? never done it before thats why i ask. this is the first time ill be drag racing an automatic lol. im thinking when the tree lights go yellow, ill boost up and then release on green. its for sun, so i really dont care. but have been kinda reading up on the TC upgrade.

I Support ClubWRX
    hhmm... this would be a fairly close race but beings that the AWD and automatic you may have and keep him off the line.. The RSX Type S is about a 14.7-15 second car...

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

BOO radiator cracked a day before the event. just putting the new one in now. mishimoto dual core and a hayden trans cooler.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.