'02 WRX Vs. 1990 Saab 900 SPG
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on '02 WRX Vs. 1990 Saab 900 SPG within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well ladies an gents I finally pulled the trigger on getting a WRX. And I have to say it was ...

'02 WRX Vs. 1990 Saab 900 SPG

Well ladies an gents I finally pulled the trigger on getting a WRX. And I have to say it was an AWESOME choice I don't think I could be happier, its easier to love when it was pampered and has all sorts of good power ups with a dyno run of 260hp. On to topic though I have been a Saab man for many years and have spent alot of money on them. My car I have restored has about the same power and tourqe of a STOCK WRX but it took almost 10g's to get it there. So I have my hat off to Subaru and couldn't be happier with the car!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome aboard.
    Post up pics of the old Saab. I've never been a big fan of the Swedish makes, but the older 900 styling has a vintage appeal after all of these years.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Casandra (SPG).jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	99514

My first love

Welcome. I used to have a '98 900s 2.0t. I loved the car with the exception of the repair costs. I spent so much just keeping it on the road. There is a soft spot for my old saab, but I'm much happier in the subie.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

I'm kind of surprised you didn't get the Saabaru instead. It would have been the perfect car for you!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

That's a really nice SPG. My dad has had his 900 turbo since 93 and it now has 330,000 miles on it and is in beatiful condition. He loves his saabs

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    I'm kind of surprised you didn't get the Saabaru instead. It would have been the perfect car for you!
    I wasn't interested in the Subasaab because it was a wagon and I'm not a fan of wagons. And I honestly thought it was a poor attempt at revitalizing a once loved brand into something it wasn't. It had the boxer engine in it right? It was a rebadged WRX throughout correct? Saab to me is before GM had any stake in the company 1994 and earlier. They should bring back that 900Aero like dodge brought back the new charger (which I own and is awesome) and chevy brought back the camaro. Same thing but just bigger better and more badass.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboBoost View Post
    I wasn't interested in the Subasaab because it was a wagon and I'm not a fan of wagons. And I honestly thought it was a poor attempt at revitalizing a once loved brand into something it wasn't. It had the boxer engine in it right? It was a rebadged WRX throughout correct? Saab to me is before GM had any stake in the company 1994 and earlier. They should bring back that 900Aero like dodge brought back the new charger (which I own and is awesome) and chevy brought back the camaro. Same thing but just bigger better and more badass.
    I couldn't agree more. And yes, that Saab was a WRX with a slightly nicer interior.

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL, I was never quite clear about who was buying the Saaburu's..I tried to wave at a guy once who was in one at a stoplight. He's driving basically the exact same car that I am, with a different front clip and upgraded interior. Another WRX wagon driver would typically return the gesture. The Saaburu guy seemed determined to have nothing to do with me.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Well I am guilty of it as well but Saab owners think there cars are better.then everyone which is why I dumped over ten G's in mine because I wanted it to be true. Now I have an awesome spg. that actually has a good value and all I want to do is sell it so I can put a down payment on a sti lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.