0-60 using my cobb accessport and 60' time...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 0-60 using my cobb accessport and 60' time... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just for the heck of it, today I did a 0-60mph using my cobb accessport as the measuring device. I ...

0-60 using my cobb accessport and 60' time...

Just for the heck of it, today I did a 0-60mph using my cobb accessport as the measuring device. I have an 11 sedan stage 1. stock exhaust and intake. basically just mounts/bushings/short shifter.

I did a quite conservative 'off the line,' slipping clutch a bit with no high rpm drop whatsoever. Obviously my run was subject to some lag. my results are quite pathetic but to be honest with you I thought it would be worst.

0-60 ft = 2.6 seconds
    0-60 mph - 5.9 seconds

I unsuccessfully also tried the 'dyno' reading on device as well with 3rd as my target gear. i entered 650 as starting rpm (my idle in neutral) and 6600 rpms as ending (in 3rd gear) ha...... 202whp with 502 wtrq, yeah ok........ never doing that again!!

thats about it for performance measurements for me, gonna take it ez on my subie, its gotta last for 10 years i hope!!! eventually hope fpr full TBE with cobb stage 2 but not gonna measure anything.. just drive and enjoy!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Why do you think that wtq reading is wrong? Now you can brag to all of your friends that your car has over 500 wtq! That's an impressive number!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    too bad COBB didn't contact and pay "Airboy" and used his electronic dyno information... it seems to be the most accurate one out there.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

It's also the most sobering, kind of like a Mustang dyno. My LGT did around 340 on the Airboy but since I was still tuning I wasn't too upset. It's a good tool to see if your tweaks helped or hurt which is great if you're DIY tuning.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    With those numbers you likely have the first Powerstroke WRX.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    With those numbers you likely have the first Powerstroke WRX.
    rotfl
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Holy crap, it's Craig!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

yeah, with "200whp and 500wtrq", you would think I have a huge diesel in there.... Guess the 2011 wrx transmission really has gotten stronger!!!!

as mentioned , never again!!!

i did 3 "dyno runs" with my accessport, fomr 2K to redline in 3rd gear, the highest peak output from the three runs was 359whp with the lowest peak being 348whp, and torque between 320-330. Is that even possible? haha I don't for a second believe that it the actual whp or tq, but I honestly think that it could be fairly close to what is actually at the crank. Think on it, they say the STi gets 40Hp more, and the only real difference between the two engines/turbos, is an additional 1 psi in the STi, 1 psi gaining 40 hp?? I don't think so.

My belief is that they seriously underrated the power output of the WRX and that those numbers could, hypothetically, be somewhat close to the actual output at the crank.

I also did the "0-60" test and achieved the following results:

60' - 1.788s
    0-60mph - 4.706s

LC set at 4500, FFS set at 5500.

I believe I could of gotten faster, even the start, the car slightly bogged/bucked a little and I think I could be faster on the shifting. Whats a real fast time in terms of the 60' and 0-60 for a 2011 WRX stage 1 running 91 octane?
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

STI has a different turbo (VF48...WRX has VF52)...different flow rates. The engines are slightly different as well: STI has the EJ257, and the WRX has the EJ255. The difference is in the shape of the pistons with the EJ255 having more of a domed shape. The build of the heads are also different between the two engines with the EJ257 being a bit more free flowing. Other than that, the short blocks themselves are the same, with similar compression.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by J_Maher_WRX View Post
    i did 3 "dyno runs" with my accessport, fomr 2K to redline in 3rd gear, the highest peak output from the three runs was 359whp with the lowest peak being 348whp, and torque between 320-330. Is that even possible? haha I don't for a second believe that it the actual whp or tq, but I honestly think that it could be fairly close to what is actually at the crank. Think on it, they say the STi gets 40Hp more, and the only real difference between the two engines/turbos, is an additional 1 psi in the STi, 1 psi gaining 40 hp?? I don't think so.

My belief is that they seriously underrated the power output of the WRX and that those numbers could, hypothetically, be somewhat close to the actual output at the crank.

I also did the "0-60" test and achieved the following results:

60' - 1.788s
    0-60mph - 4.706s

LC set at 4500, FFS set at 5500.

I believe I could of gotten faster, even the start, the car slightly bogged/bucked a little and I think I could be faster on the shifting. Whats a real fast time in terms of the 60' and 0-60 for a 2011 WRX stage 1 running 91 octane?
    Ive had a similar experience with my AP. after going stage 2, I did a 0-60 run a couple of times and 3 pulls after data logging, 2K RPMS to redline

On the avg the numbers were around 334/385 and the 0-60 twice was 4.7

I know the 0-60 is close bc stock it's a sub 5 0-60 car(according to reports) so I was always curious I those dyno numbers.
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

In a word...no, it's not possible. COBB has dyno runs for their stage 1 tunes and although weather, altitude, etc. will affect those numbers, I would expect similar numbers plus or minus. Their numbers are 242WHP and 280WTQ so the "dyno" numbers on the AP are a little inflated . Good 60' times are generally 1.8 and lower and 0-60 in the mid 4's is a good time. Most would agree that Subaru underrated their HP numbers for the WRX to help encourage STI sales but not by that much.

On a side note, there are a number of differences between the WRX and the STI... Most, if not all, of the engine internals are different, different turbo, intake, and AVCS system, along with a different tune.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

yeah I guess I was being overly optimistic hmm i see you're stage 1 as well, whats the fastest times youve recorded on your AP in the 0-60 and 60' categories?
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

Quote Originally Posted by J_Maher_WRX View Post
    yeah I guess I was being overly optimistic hmm i see you're stage 1 as well, whats the fastest times youve recorded on your AP in the 0-60 and 60' categories?
    I'm opensource, no AP. Never raced it so honestly I don't know
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

i did one 0-60 run with my AP, stage 1 +SF intake, 93 octane:
    60' - 1.6s (1.5XX)
    0-60mph - 4.6s (4.5XX)

i dont remember the digits that i replaced with XX so i just rounded up to 1.6 and 4.6.

this was the one and only run ive done so far
    2011 WRX Limited - Dark Grey Metallic
    [Cobb stage 2 93+ SF Intake] [Invidia Catted DP] [SMY Gauge Cluster w/Boost and Volt Gauges] [Monkeybone Racing Heater Vent Gauge Panel w/Oil Pressure and Temp Gauges]
    [Cobb Heatshield] [Kartboy SS] [Weathertech Floorliners] [Hardwired V1 w/Remote Display] [Complete Aftermarket Audio System] [Lighted WRX fender badges]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast