former cobalt sstc owner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on former cobalt sstc owner within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have to say as a former 09 balt sstc owner with a stage 1 and HP tune, my 11 ...

former cobalt sstc owner

I have to say as a former 09 balt sstc owner with a stage 1 and HP tune, my 11 wrx would get crushed quite badly in a roll on race and on the track.

I know the car is a cobalt with a bad interior and 2wd but i admit to missing that 350wtrq rush and the flat handling. Other than that I love my wrx!!

but be careful of the tc balts from a roll and if your going against one on a track.. even the sti would bow down in those specific areas. take a look at lightning lap times..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome!

i'm still riding my SS/TC until i'm out of the army... you on any other forums? did you have gms1 tune?

FWD is a monster from a roll thanks to the less drivetrain loss. 3rd gear is usually "party time", and it was that way back on the turbo Dodges in the 80s and the DSMs of the 90s. Even my 89 Mirage turbo (1.6 liter w/ 16g) was a great frumaroll runner.

Nothing puts the power down out of a corner like an AWD car. It takes an experienced driver to know they can get on the power that early; most are used to an overwhelmed FWD car or a more tail-happy rwd and they don't get on it as quickly as the car will allow.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

oh yeah, torque steer in the ss/tc cobalt is ungodly... hang on for dear life, or your ass is going off the road

Quote Originally Posted by Redline730 View Post
    welcome!

i'm still riding my SS/TC until i'm out of the army... you on any other forums? did you have gms1 tune?
    no just this forum. Although, a long time ago I did nasioc for a week or so and I asked one "wrong" question and so many people there attacked me and were telling me that they hoped I died and that my mother should of never had me and etc.... so I never went back on!!

but yes had stage 1 with a HP street tune on top... man that thing kept up with a new mustang V8 from 60-100, no kidding.... and I never had to modify the suspension of that car as it had something like 22 or 24 mm swaybars stock and man did it handle flat!! no roll or understeer. And as far as torque steer, once I dropped in the stage 2 OTTP trans mounts, torque steer goodbye!!

oh thanx for the 'welcome' !!
    Last edited by ruralsinatras; 09-12-2011 at 06:45 PM. Reason: more

i have an ss/tc w/ pretty much full bolt ons, and on an awesome custom tune... gms1 was only good for the 3bar map sensor

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Forum

If you need anything, let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Redline730 View Post
    oh yeah, torque steer in the ss/tc cobalt is ungodly... hang on for dear life, or your ass is going off the road
    know all about that. the ss/tc is a great car.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I was a former Cobalt SS S/C owner which made no where near as much power as the TC's (I did have 261FWP to the wheels on a low reading dyno) but I remember trying to back it out of the driveway in the snow so it could be cleaned and i needed it pushed to start it moving because it just spun. They are fun little cars but my sc didn't have a rear sway bar so that's a bit annoying they put them in the TC's but at the end of the day i am happy i got out of it and into a WRX (it replaced my Cobalt SS S/C and a Trailblazer SS)

ha! i had an ion redline before my turbo cobalt (which is the same as the supercharged cobalt)

i miss that car dearly :'(

seems like quite a few of delta platform owners end up w/ a scoob after a while

Quote Originally Posted by ruralsinatras View Post
    I have to say as a former 09 balt sstc owner with a stage 1 and HP tune, my 11 wrx would get crushed quite badly in a roll on race and on the track.

I know the car is a cobalt with a bad interior and 2wd but i admit to missing that 350wtrq rush and the flat handling. Other than that I love my wrx!!

but be careful of the tc balts from a roll and if your going against one on a track.. even the sti would bow down in those specific areas. take a look at lightning lap times..
    umm no offense, i recognize the Cobalt SS t/c as being a decent car and all, but honestly, to say that even an STi would bow down? hah.. lets see a cobalt pull a 7:55 on the nurburgring... and ok "lightning lap times" you have to look at the track layout. in some cases i.e a track with a LOT of straights the cobalt could come close and maybe even beat the STi

edit: Virginia International Raceway?? hahahaha honestly. First off that track hardly captures and gives the AWD any advantage at all considering it is a faily simple track, but are you seriously going to try and say that the cobalt ss is faster than a WRX STi and an EVO MR?? Dude if you believe that, you're wayyy too gullable. Ever hear of false advertising?? It's like Subaru claiming the WRX only has 265 hp, 244 tq, and a 0-60 of 5.4s... when in reality it has 255 AWTQ and around 240awhp, and does 0-60 in 4.7s.. just to keep STi sales up. GM pays a magazine to edit their numbers a bit... tadahh

But on a hard track, just say for example: laguna seca (i know its not the best example) a cobalt would be torched by both the wrx and sti. if you think you could beat a awd rally car for the road around a track in a cobalt, thats not the subies fault, its a matter of you not knowing how to use the car to its full potential
    Last edited by J_Maher_WRX; 09-19-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Maher_WRX View Post
    if you think you could beat a awd rally car for the road around a track in a cobalt, thats not the subies fault, its a matter of you not knowing how to use the car to its full potential
    Somewhere the marketing folks at FHI are giving each other high-fives again.
    Even the STI has more in common with a Toyota Camry than with an actual rally car. "Rally inspired" is a bit closer to the truth.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Even the STI has more in common with a Toyota Camry than with an actual rally car. "Rally inspired" is a bit closer to the truth.
    Hater
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Oh come on Ray :P besides the interior and some upgraded power bolt ons the car is not much different, and a camry isn't even in the same league at all
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Theoretically I can go compete in some kind of rally in my wife's minivan...but most people on here will think of full-on multistage rally vehicles, which, unless I'm wrong, use a variety of beefed up, stiffened suspension members, sequential-shifting transmissions, etc.

There's a video floating out there where Rally Team USA took a stock STI and took 800 hours converting it over to rally spec. Sounds like a bit more work than just some power boltons.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast