WRX vs 370z vs G35
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs 370z vs G35 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, new to the board. Seeing as I will hopefully getting a WRX soon. I have been hearing it from ...

WRX vs 370z vs G35

Hello, new to the board.

Seeing as I will hopefully getting a WRX soon. I have been hearing it from my cousin and brother about my car.

My bro owns a 2010 370z and my cousin owns a 2003 G35.

I'm not really sure if these cars are even in the same league... I've somewhat check the specs to these cars but I'm an up and coming car enthusiast so I'm still a bit new the terms and what things mean.

So how would you guys think it would turn out if we took it to a real track? None of the cars are modded.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome... The g37 and the 03 g35 have a 55hp difference and the wrx depending on the year could be outgunned by about 100hp or less...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Well when I mean I will hopefully be getting a WRX I meant a new one. So this would either be a 2011 or 2012 (I heard these are going to be the same). Even with the difference in hp for the g35, isn't it still possible to beat a car with less hp?

Lets say it was a straight line race vs an oval of some sort?

I know my brothers car has over 300 hp vs the WRX which has the 265. But I heard because of the awd and the tq being what it is for the WRX, it could beat the 370z?

Im sure the new ones would run pretty good with it, the G's weigh ~300lbs more then the subaru and the traction advantage would help a lot... I've heard stories of Subaru's keeping up with many higher caliber cars so it @ould be interesting to see..
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I would say that in a straight line from a standstill, you'd take the G35 pretty handily, theyre pretty heavy cars from what I can remember. The Z would depend on the drivers and the length of the race, the shorter the race...advantage WRX, longer race...advantage Z
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Thanks for the input. It's nice to know that a WRX can compete with these types of cars at the price they're selling them for. I guess whenever this happens I'll come back and tell ya guys how it went.

I own a G35 and a wrx and i would honestly say i prefer to drive the wrx. Just feels better

I Support ClubWRX
    Relatively speaking:

G35 = refinement, comfort, civility
    Older WRX = raw, quirky, fun
    Newer WRX = ((raw, quirky, fun)*.75) + ((refinement, comfort, civility)*.75)

My opinion, of course, based on ownership of older WRX's and a G35. I've been in a newer WRX, but haven't driven one.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I havw the same Issue with a friend, he has a 2007 350 and loves to try to give me crap about the 4-door, 4-cyl etc. he lives 1200 miles away so a friendly run at the track isn't in our cards.

But if you look at the Raw facts of the 3 cars totally factory you will be surprised the WRX has them both beat in terms of 0-60 and 1/4mile bone stock regardless of the HP.

you will smoke them 0-60 and they will catch up in the end but not enough.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

I Support ClubWRX
    A fairly broad statement, that.
    Stock, a 370Z traps at over 106mph in the quarter, from what I've read. Numerically, at least, (I haven't had a chance to drive one), it appears to be a superior sportscar in just about every way when compared to a stock WRX.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Well here is the 2010 write up in C&D of course only one I found for 2010 was rodaster but it is only 200 lbs more than coupe.

370 Car and Driver

here is the 2011 WRX WRX Car and Driver

I was just going off of what was here, now we both know there are many other factors to these numbers. either way both sexy cars but the 370 are priced a bit higher too.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nothing is as good as a Subaru WRX

/thread

I Support ClubWRX
    I read in a magazine once that I don't have sexy calves. Pshhh.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    The most surprising fact to come out of this thread is that car magazines like Car and Driver are still apparently in print. Amazing.

The Infiniti is the better car. The 370Z has been left with the fatal styling mistake (door handles) uncorrected. The Impreza is a great car, especially the hatch, but for a touring/personal motoring car I'd go with the G. Comparing the older G35 with a newer 370Z isn't as fair as comparing current models.

G.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, after 9 years on the forum, I don't really go in for magazine battles any more. The real question is...how many boxes would it take to pack up the metal fragments of my WRX's transmission after I successfully dispatch a Z-car at the strip? Inquiring minds want to know!
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.