GOT KILLED TODAY... :/ - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 115

This is a discussion on GOT KILLED TODAY... :/ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by xFalleNx No one was giving you a hard time because you posted up a story of street ...

  1. #16
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,521
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    No one was giving you a hard time because you posted up a story of street racing, the story you posted just makes no sense.

    I read it as dude in a honda came up and flew by you trying to get you to race and you didn't. You never said that once you moved over you engaged in the race and then lost. If all he did was try to race you and you did nothing, I fail to see how "he killed you".
    Exactly. OP work on your story telling skills and get back to me
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEBLUR View Post
    Ok well i was on my way home on the highway cruising at 65 with my cruise control on in the Sti..... out of no where i here this noise!!! " BRAAAAAAAAA......BRAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! In my review I see a car gaining on me!! I pull to the slow lane and in the blink of an eye the car was gone!!! Today I got killed by a 91 Honda Civic!!! (not the cool little hatch Si) but a sedan!!

    All joking aside why would this kid even try to engage me in a race!! Idk what wrong with people these days.
    Lots of picking on the writing here! The key is when the OP says "All joking aside ..." - he knows he wasn't beaten and it never sounded like the point was that they raced. The point would be "why would this kid even try to engage me in a race!! Idk what wrong with people these days". Which I take to mean why would a driver try to run with the OPs car when the outcome should be obvious.

    If I'm right, the discussion that should follow would be of the why do people "race" or try to show off their car to other drivers variety. It is something we likely have all experienced to some extent with our reactions ranging from laughing at them or ignoring them to blowing their doors off. I think driver's just like to know where they stack up against the competition, or sometimes they just want to goad a driver into action to see a hot car perform.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

  4. #18
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,947
    I Support ClubWRX
    It could be pretty basic.

    Racee: Ego says "OMG, That fellow who just passed me may now have the delusion that he is faster than I am! Surely he isn't, in that [Brand X] car that everyone makes fun of on forums...and I would hope that he knows that I am faster. But what if he doesn't? I have had the sense not to street race on this occasion, but I will now go talk about it with my peers, so that I can feel better about this!"

    Racer: Ego says "OMG, That fellow is driving what he thinks is a rally car on the street! I know that I have beaten those before, because I passed them. My car is now louder, and perhaps incrementally faster than it was, so perhaps it is faster than his rally car on the street! I really have no idea! I will now give it gas and see what happens!"

    Second-guessing what's going on in another driver's brain is an exercise in futility. Let him think what he will, and move on with life.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  5. #19
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,521
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Second-guessing what's going on in another driver's brain is an exercise in futility. Let him think what he will, and move on with life.
    We can't have people driving around believing they beat a WRX. That's just....wrong.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  6. #20
    Registered User xFalleNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    We can't have people driving around believing they beat a WRX. That's just physically impossible.

    Fixed.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

    Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

  7. #21
    Registered User BLUEBLUR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Milton-Freewater, OR
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    Lots of picking on the writing here! The key is when the OP says "All joking aside ..." - he knows he wasn't beaten and it never sounded like the point was that they raced. The point would be "why would this kid even try to engage me in a race!! Idk what wrong with people these days". Which I take to mean why would a driver try to run with the OPs car when the outcome should be obvious.

    If I'm right, the discussion that should follow would be of the why do people "race" or try to show off their car to other drivers variety. It is something we likely have all experienced to some extent with our reactions ranging from laughing at them or ignoring them to blowing their doors off. I think driver's just like to know where they stack up against the competition, or sometimes they just want to goad a driver into action to see a hot car perform.
    ^^^ this

  8. #22
    Registered User BLUEBLUR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Milton-Freewater, OR
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    It could be pretty basic.

    Racee: Ego says "OMG, That fellow who just passed me may now have the delusion that he is faster than I am! Surely he isn't, in that [Brand X] car that everyone makes fun of on forums...and I would hope that he knows that I am faster. But what if he doesn't? I have had the sense not to street race on this occasion, but I will now go talk about it with my peers, so that I can feel better about this!"

    Racer: Ego says "OMG, That fellow is driving what he thinks is a rally car on the street! I know that I have beaten those before, because I passed them. My car is now louder, and perhaps incrementally faster than it was, so perhaps it is faster than his rally car on the street! I really have no idea! I will now give it gas and see what happens!"

    Second-guessing what's going on in another driver's brain is an exercise in futility. Let him think what he will, and move on with life.
    ^^^ this also. Pretty much what i was doing lmao I can admit it. Oh well I'm moving on

  9. #23
    Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    orlando flawduh
    Posts
    12,686
    I Support ClubWRX
    i didnt read the 2nd page in this thread so sorry if this has already been said;

    am i retarded for understanding the OP?

    when i read it, i took it as sarcasm like "zomg this dummie tried to race me and i made him look like an idiot by doing absolutely nothing. NICE KILL DOOD"

    get it?

    get it?

    desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

  10. #24
    Registered User BLUEBLUR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Milton-Freewater, OR
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i didnt read the 2nd page in this thread so sorry if this has already been said;

    am i retarded for understanding the OP?

    when i read it, i took it as sarcasm like "zomg this dummie tried to race me and i made him look like an idiot by doing absolutely nothing. NICE KILL DOOD"

    get it?

    get it?
    ^^ EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha that was the whole point!! No you are not retarded because thats exactly how I meant it! Oh well lets just let this thread die as all this is just pointless nit picking. thanks for understanding though

  11. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i didnt read the 2nd page in this thread so sorry if this has already been said;

    am i retarded for understanding the OP?

    when i read it, i took it as sarcasm like "zomg this dummie tried to race me and i made him look like an idiot by doing absolutely nothing. NICE KILL DOOD"

    get it?

    get it?
    Yea... this was my initial thought also. LOL!
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

  12. #26
    Registered User CGimpreza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i didnt read the 2nd page in this thread so sorry if this has already been said;

    am i retarded for understanding the OP?

    when i read it, i took it as sarcasm like "zomg this dummie tried to race me and i made him look like an idiot by doing absolutely nothing. NICE KILL DOOD"

    get it?

    get it?
    That's pretty much what I'd gotten from it ( though I do leave open the chance the civic driver was just another moron that tailgates people in what seems to be a better car to "prove" himself).
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

  13. #27
    Registered User CGimpreza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    It could be pretty basic.

    Racee: Ego says "OMG, That fellow who just passed me may now have the delusion that he is faster than I am! Surely he isn't, in that [Brand X] car that everyone makes fun of on forums...and I would hope that he knows that I am faster. But what if he doesn't? I have had the sense not to street race on this occasion, but I will now go talk about it with my peers, so that I can feel better about this!"

    Racer: Ego says "OMG, That fellow is driving what he thinks is a rally car on the street! I know that I have beaten those before, because I passed them. My car is now louder, and perhaps incrementally faster than it was, so perhaps it is faster than his rally car on the street! I really have no idea! I will now give it gas and see what happens!"

    Second-guessing what's going on in another driver's brain is an exercise in futility. Let him think what he will, and move on with life.
    I woefully admit to being the first Ego (though I don't go on forums and talk about it, I just sit and ponder for a while then move on)
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

  14. #28
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,521
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CGimpreza View Post
    I woefully admit to being the first Ego (though I don't go on forums and talk about it, I just sit and ponder for a while then move on)
    I race everyone. I'm pedal to the metal 100% of the time. I'm the fastest car on the road. If I lose its only because I miss a shift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  15. #29
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I race everyone. I'm pedal to the metal 100% of the time. I'm the fastest car on the road. If I lose its only because I need moar low.
    fixorized.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

  16. #30
    zax
    zax is online now
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    12,869
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Bewbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Bewbs.
    Very true. Although you both aren't contributing very much to the OP's thread.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •