2010 WRX vs. 2012 Mustang GT - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX vs. 2012 Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; NO GT-R ... All of you, complete madness. Complete madness. Have I driven one? No? I've seen one in a ...

Registered User Reverand Hustle's Avatar
    NO GT-R ... All of you, complete madness. Complete madness. Have I driven one? No? I've seen one in a parking lot once though. But seriously. Twin Turbo, AWD, 500HP and its inconspicuous just like the WRX. Few people really know what you're driving. Ride around in a Porsche and everyone is gunning for you or thinks you have pockets. (I use to have pockets until I recently had to rebuild my engine...but I'm better for it).

I mean, it isn't as light as the 944, and it doesn't have the looks. And it does sound like there are more buttons in it than a Boeing 747. The WRX has a lot of buttons too, particularly as it gets older and more 'refined'. My 08 even has hill assist on it. Who wants hill-assist?? And IMHO, the c.diff button switch does nothing unless you put it in the LOCK position. Its either AUTO or LOCK, why did they even try to fake like there are in between options ("semi-auto"). sidebar.

The GT-R though. If it was a 5-door ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    +1

I mean it's a cool car with a lot of technology...but it's not manual. No fun.

Give me it's older brother in a Skyline R-34 and then we'll talk GT-R.
    The R-34 is the Nissan GT-R. There is only one. Am I wrong there? They had an R-33, the earlier version I believe. Don't quote me. I"m a fresh behind the ears noob.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Reverand Hustle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Making a guess here, because I don't work for an automaker...but I'm willing to bet that color choices for a model of car are made by marketing folks. Certainly not by engineers.
    Point well taken. I may have been misguided by blaming the engineers. But who did the market research on that?? Although, I was loving the Dodge Charger R/T Daytona, bright lime green. Same color I think. So yea, you got my number.

The R-34 is the Nissan GT-R. There is only one. Am I wrong there? They had an R-33, the earlier version I believe. Don't quote me. I"m a fresh behind the ears noob.
    The R34 was the previous platform and the last of that line to have the I-6. It came after the R33.
    Last edited by NoVASTi; 05-24-2012 at 08:02 AM.

+1 to being uninterested in a GTR...+1 to the 944 Turbo. Those old 944's were supposed to have outstanding steering feel. I'd be tempted to pick up an old 944 for my kid when she turns 16, if I wasn't afraid of it becoming a money pit.

I want to find a 88 or 89 944 turbo.. I've driven a pretty wide variety of those cars and liked all of them. Even the 924 w bad rear dampers and squishy $40 sears tires (was bought as a running parts car, ended up being my buddies daily lol) I like em all. Actually I've never jumped into a car I like more than a porsche..

Its too bad my $$ income does not match my taste in high quality driver oriented vehicles lol
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    +1 to being uninterested in a GTR...+1 to the 944 Turbo. Those old 944's were supposed to have outstanding steering feel. I'd be tempted to pick up an old 944 for my kid when she turns 16, if I wasn't afraid of it becoming a money pit.
    I drove one and fell in love. The turn-in on those cars is second to none!

Quote Originally Posted by Reverand Hustle View Post
    False. The R34 came in many flavors: There was the R34 Skyline, R34 Skyline GT-T, R34 Skyline GT-R, all RB26/RB25 powered.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

zax
    You can quote lap times and throw numbers and dynographs at me all day long; the GT-R will just not interest me.

I would choose driver involvement and vehicle feel any day over lap times: No manual; no care.

(Waiting for Sinister to come and tell me otherwise )

Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

zax
    3 posts in a row!

For Ray et. al:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Facebook me here

I Support ClubWRX
    Those cars are still secksy to me, all these years later. 951's (944 Turbos) can be made pretty quick too, with basic mods, if memory serves.

The Porsche purists (911 owners) were always down on them for having what they called a "truck motor". I had a ride in the later version of that car (968), and all I remember is that it sounded awesome and handled better than any Subaru I've ever been in.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

So....in the WRX vs. Mustang debate, the Porsche 944 wins! And on that bombshell, goodnight!
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    So....in the WRX vs. Mustang debate, the Porsche 944 wins! And on that bombshell, goodnight!

However I just do not think those 944s are remotely good looking. They look like a more rounded version of the old POS Dodge Daytona.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

zax
    Those cars are still secksy to me, all these years later. 951's (944 Turbos) can be made pretty quick too, with basic mods, if memory serves.

The Porsche purists (911 owners) were always down on them for having what they called a "truck motor". I had a ride in the later version of that car (968), and all I remember is that it sounded awesome and handled better than any Subaru I've ever been in.
    IIRC, the 944 NA had one of the largest 4-cylinder petrol motors produced for the standard market: 3L.

Facebook me here

a 3.0L 4cyl??? Jebus!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    a 3.0L 4cyl??? Jebus!
    Yeah, had a 105mm bore or something of that nature.

EDIT:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_944

yep 104mm Bore, 88mm stroke. Big 4cyl

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    You can quote lap times and throw numbers and dynographs at me all day long; the GT-R will just not interest me.

I would choose driver involvement and vehicle feel any day over lap times: No manual; no care.

(Waiting for Sinister to come and tell me otherwise )
    Numbers guys never get the true picture.. and they buy based on that.. and though they never know what they're missing, they're missing a HUGE part of what it is to drive a truely great car.

I'd really like to be proven wrong but I think the days of fun cars that were just plain fun are long long gone.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Numbers guys never get the true picture.. and they buy based on that.. and though they never know what they're missing, they're missing a HUGE part of what it is to drive a truely great car.

I'd really like to be proven wrong but I think the days of fun cars that were just plain fun are long long gone.
    I honestly think people are just more motivated by "who's faster" these days than the joy of driving. I may be a bit old-fashioned in my mentality, but I like cars that I ENJOY driving. I couldn't care less if it was the slowest car on the road.

Facebook me here