2010 WRX vs. 2012 Mustang GT - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX vs. 2012 Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Reverand Hustle This video is great. Did they say that the STi was slower on the straight ...

Quote Originally Posted by Reverand Hustle View Post
    This video is great. Did they say that the STi was slower on the straight than the WRX? Why is that? Lighter?
    It is gearing and weight, yes. I know the gearing in the WRX gets it to 60 faster, and I assume this translates onto the straight?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    If these 2 cars would get together and make a baby, then a porsche 911 turbo and an M3 got together and made a baby, then those two babies somehow got together and made a baby, then we would have the perfect car.
    Man... If I just didn't have winters around here I think the BRZ would be the perfect car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If these 2 cars would get together and make a baby, then a porsche 911 turbo and an M3 got together and made a baby, then those two babies somehow got together and made a baby, then we would have the perfect car.
    This is one of the cooler thing's I've heard in awhile. Makes perfect sense
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Until a Prius pops out and now everyone suspects the mail man.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Yeah ya gotta watch those recessive traits... never know when they might just show up lol.

The GT is not as functional of a car as the WRX/STI when it comes to daily every-use stuff. The trunk opening is small even though it has a large trunk, it only has two doors, it DRINKS fuel around town (though wrx/sti not much better) Its only really fun in dry warm weather....

I'm sure there are positives to meet those negatives but for most of us needing a car we can cram a bunch of crap into, drive in any condition, have back seat passengers (comfortably).. and still have some mild fun in...

Its hard to beat the combination that subaru has put together at this price point with the features they have. Like I said before, sure there are lots of better/different cars out there but none really that fit this oddly useful little niche that subaru has created.

In a way, subaru has worked its way into its own niche market. If by mistake or on purpose its working for them that's for sure.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Registered User Reverand Hustle's Avatar
    That green is hideous. I think they did that on purpose so you would hate it.

Nissan GT-R???

paint is just anti rust coating. If you hate a car over the color alone, you're one vane mofo lol
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverand Hustle View Post
    Nissan GT-R???
    That thing totally is totally uninteresting to me.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    That thing totally is totally uninteresting to me.
    +1

I mean it's a cool car with a lot of technology...but it's not manual. No fun.

Give me it's older brother in a Skyline R-34 and then we'll talk GT-R.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Drive one.. it'll become even more unintersting. One would think that something that costs that much and has that much engineering under it would have some personality...... nope.. to me it had the same experience as operating a nice front loading washing machine. Lots of buttons and neat noises, and works quite well but no heart and definitely no soul.

An awesome machine it is, but dull none the less. I'd rather have a old rusty 944turbo.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Drive one.. it'll become even more unintersting. One would think that something that costs that much and has that much engineering under it would have some personality...... nope.. to me it had the same experience as operating a nice front loading washing machine. Lots of buttons and neat noises, and works quite well but no heart and definitely no soul.

An awesome machine it is, but dull none the less. I'd rather have a old rusty 944turbo.
    Yeah it certainly seems like that car would drive you...not you driving the car. Which is what takes the fun completely out of it. I absolutely LOVE the raw feeling of my 05 STI.

To me it felt like every deeply assisted car. dunno.. I've never been much of a nissan fan to begin with.. so.. yeah I'm probably the wrong guy to ask about it lol.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    +1 to being uninterested in a GTR...+1 to the 944 Turbo. Those old 944's were supposed to have outstanding steering feel. I'd be tempted to pick up an old 944 for my kid when she turns 16, if I wasn't afraid of it becoming a money pit.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Registered User Reverand Hustle's Avatar
    paint is just anti rust coating. If you hate a car over the color alone, you're one vane mofo lol
    Its not the paint itself but I question the engineer and/or designer who would make the decision to put that color paint on a vehicle. Its an issue of trust ; )
    Is that level of poor decision making consistent throughout the design and build of the car...? I'll let Ford speak for themselves.

Small disclosure...I actually own a little bit of Ford stock. Back when it was $1.25 a share, I was stealin on 'em.

To me it felt like every deeply assisted car. dunno.. I've never been much of a nissan fan to begin with.. so.. yeah I'm probably the wrong guy to ask about it lol.
    I wouldn't say it encompasses all of Nissan...ever drive a Nissan Quest? That is actually a pleasurable minivan to drive believe it or not. Aside from that, a 350z and a 370z are very driver oriented cars. Make no mistake...I did get rid of my 350z in under a year of having it, but that's because I just wanted a Subaru badly again. I missed AWD and the turbo. But it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy and really like my Z. The Z was an incredibly fun car to drive and honestly handled a lot better in dry conditions than my STI.

I Support ClubWRX
    Making a guess here, because I don't work for an automaker...but I'm willing to bet that color choices for a model of car are made by marketing folks. Certainly not by engineers.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon