04 auto WRX 1/4 mile problem
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 auto WRX 1/4 mile problem within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I brake launched my 04 4EAT (automatic) wrx at 2500rpm with a reaction time of 0.06 seconds and i am ...

04 auto WRX 1/4 mile problem

I brake launched my 04 4EAT (automatic) wrx at 2500rpm with a reaction time of 0.06 seconds and i am still getting constant 16.8s times. WTF???
    i dont know what can be going wrong.
    i have an HKS uppipe and performance muffler installed with a tranny cooler, i dont see why my quarter mile times are so slow. any help would be GREATLY appreiated.
    from what i hear, the stock auto wrx's should be running mid 15's to high 14s times.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Reaction time has nothing to do with your 1/4 mile time. 16.8 is a very slow time you might need to get some one to look at your car and see if there is anything wrong with it.

ok, i just want an idea of what could be causing such a huge loss in power

check engine light came on shortly after the races, the code that came up said that my front o2 sensor was messed up, could that cause any loss in power? and i have never checked any of the plugs on this car as i only got it a month ago, could sh*tty plugs be causing anything?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Bad plugs can cause all kinds of problems. You should make sure the car is up to date with all its scheduled maintenance.

bad front O2 can mess with things big time - screws with OL fueling (and iirc, might throw you into limp).
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Wow it's like night and day between the threads you've posted. In the other one you had zero clue about what you even owned. If you're popping an 02 code replace the sensor. If it's bad you'll be running pretty damn rich. I'm surprised you haven't noticed really bad gas mileage. Fix that problem then see how it does.

yeah i just got the car a month ago so im really not 100% sure what i should be feeling/expecting but im dam sure 16.8 is slow as hell...
    and im getting the new o2 sensor tomorrow and i plan on changing the plugs very shortly after. ill post what happens

i also JUST had the HKS uppipe and the performance muffler installed about a week before the races. i shouldn't need a tune for just those right?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    nope, no tune needed for that stuff

The great thing about Subarus is nothing should be a surprise. Buy a logger cable, get the free logging software, and your car will tell you exactly what is wrong. Actually you don't even need full logging software; the Learning View software will give you a snapshot that will probably point out the problem in a single screen.

If your car is that slow then you need to get it looked at before real damage takes place. My quad cab 4x4 truck dips into the 15s
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

What tyres are you running?

Has your car been properly serviced and look after?

What tyres are you running?

Has your car been properly serviced and look after?

ran low/mid 14's at 95 when I had my 02 4eat, with just an up-pipe. Something is wrong.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

i am going to change the spark plugs and cross my fingers for it to be something as simple as that, if not, guess i have to take it into the subaru dealership and ask em to troubleshoot. thanks for all the help guys, really appretiate it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.