2011 wrx vs 2011 evo - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx vs 2011 evo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by anxiouz Agree with the above. But I'm going to likely go the opposite direction....my next car is ...

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    Agree with the above. But I'm going to likely go the opposite direction....my next car is prob going to be an X MR (or SE) with similar mods to yours. My wife gets super nervous in traffic driving a stick so the SST would let her enjoy whatever car I have more. And if she can enjoy it then I can pour more money into it haha.

Where in CA are you? ;-)
    Save yourself some money and get the SE! (: The SE wasn't available when I got the MR, or I would have totally saved the extra 4k or so and dumped it into a new turbo injectors and pump.
    Or if you really want to save money, the Ralliart is actually pretty good. My tuner Mike @ Road Race has a 400whp/320wtq Ralliart, after just putting in BBX Lite and e85 with supporting mods.

I'm located in the 909 area, Walnut. I'm actually selling my car soon, it's currently got 10k miles on it but I'm not sure if you'd like a used one. I just flashed my car back to stock, getting ready to complete part out and waiting for my 2012 WRX.

The X MR is a great car, I just want a stick back in my life . I probably should've gotten a GSR. Anyhow, if you're located in Cali, hopefully SoCal then you know South Coast Mitsubishi is the place to go to pick up your Evo! Are you going to keep your WRX as well or are you selling it for the X? I love Subaru's AWD system more than Mitsubishi's. Especially in the snow if you ever go up into the mountains.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dwill9578 View Post
    if you paid 8 grand more....they saw you coming!!
    I bought my WRX for $23k, you can't find a new STI for $31k. STI bas MSRP is $34k and they are moving much from that price.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    I bought my WRX for $23k, you can't find a new STI for $31k. STI bas MSRP is $34k and they are moving much from that price.
    You got a discount, so did I I would hope with it being my fourth WRX and 7 referrals to one dealership. Had some equity going to my 2011 which helped too your right I have not seen a sticker for an STI for 31k nor are WRX's for 23k.

MR EVO's usually sticker much more than STI's correct? SE's are almost same price as 4 door STI but auto's. I think the GSR is a better comparison due to tranny, but if two pedals is a must SE seems a good idea.

This was vid I attempted to post
    ‪2011 Subaru WRX and STI‬‏ - YouTube

There's no more SE, as that was a 2010-only model (like how before the previous SE was a 2006-only model, but in reality was more like a 2007, if you're familiar with the backstory). However, the "base" 2011 Evo X MR is practically an SE but with the BBS wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Basically.. but what about a stage two STi vs. stage two Evo? Evo gains considerable power with relatively small modifications.. of course there are other factors, such as the quality (or lack there of) of a Mitsubishi interior.
    I actually own a Evo 10 and when it comes to "stages", it varies between what company you're talking about. For example, Cobb Tuning, Perrin Performance, and AMS offer "Staged" packages, but each of them has their own stuff. AMS has stage 0-2 and 900x, etc, Cobb has stage 1-2 and 400s, Perrin has stage 1-3. The AMS stage 2 package for the Evo guarantees +100hp over stock. The AMS stage 2 package for the STi says +60hp over stock. So in a sense it's hard to compare unless you did a part for part comparison between the two vehicles and compared HP gains there after.
    Last edited by Grant@RB; 10-16-2011 at 11:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.