Subaru laps Isle of Man TT course!

This is a discussion on Subaru laps Isle of Man TT course! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Subaru is going to run the Isle of Man TT course in a near stock STI, just tires exhaust, brake ...

Subaru laps Isle of Man TT course!

Subaru is going to run the Isle of Man TT course in a near stock STI, just tires exhaust, brake pads and roll cage, at least that is what they are claiming. Already lapped at 113mph in practice with brake fade issues on a downhill section. Mark Higgins, rally champion and Isle of Man local doing the driving. Official run scheduled June 10.

Sidecar record is 116mph for comparison. "Sidecars" are like mutant 3 wheeled GP cars with two men on board- powered by a 140hp 600cc bike engine. Not like any sidecar you see on the street. The nearest thing to cars running the TT (regularly).
    Last edited by britishbikes; 06-06-2011 at 11:26 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice bike.

The closest to a car would be a car. Here's the late great Tony Pond performing miracles in a stock Rover:
    YouTube - ‪Tony Pond attempts to lap the IOM at 100mph average‬‏

and here's the thread on the Subaru effort from a few days ago:
    Subaru Named as Official Car of the Isle of Man TT Races
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The engine in the Tony Pond car is a Honda 2.7....great engine and better than any rover K series

I Support ClubWRX
    I have to agree about the K series, all nostalgia aside. By the time of the video Honda were among the best engine builders in the world.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

oh yeah i agree...I had an 827 coupe with the Honda engine and it was a hell of a good engine....i would love another one but they are becoming very rare nowadays

What surprised me was that the previous record was held by a Rover!

The first visit, later take care of