The Official I "Raced" A Camaro SS In My Lightly Modded WRX & Beat It!! Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official I "Raced" A Camaro SS In My Lightly Modded WRX & Beat It!! Thread within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by bbrock171 I also had the lunch money beaten out of me by a Boss 302. I got ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrock171 View Post
    I also had the lunch money beaten out of me by a Boss 302. I got a big lead on him in 1st and 2nd, then he still made me look foolish.
    I can believe it. The Boss 302 is quite impressive in a straight line.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Lindsay's LGT with a dying turbo beat an SS. They are not impressive machines.
    Agreed.

I got to drive one of the V6 versions with a 6spd...which are supposed to have 300+ HP of their own. I felt like I was driving my mom's Toyota Avalon. Most vague 6spd I've ever shifted. The power delivery was pure meh. No torque...I could not believe this thing supposedly had that much power. It sucked.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Agreed.

I got to drive one of the V6 versions with a 6spd...which are supposed to have 300+ HP of their own. I felt like I was driving my mom's Toyota Avalon. Most vague 6spd I've ever shifted. The power delivery was pure meh. No torque...I could not believe this thing supposedly had that much power. It sucked.
    Almost 3800 pounds and 278 torque. Doesn't surprise me...The Zl1 on the otherhand...

I Support ClubWRX
    This has been interesting...I guess I assumed by the torque curves and hp numbers that he new SS would be fantastic in a straight line. Admittedly, the V6-auto that I rented felt unimpressive to me, but I attributed it to being used to 18G power delivery ("little bit-little bit-OMGHEREIGO!!!")

So a last-gen-SS, with LS1, is comparable or quicker? Seems weird, (even allowing for putting on 3-400 pounds), if there's really 100hp more on tap. I'll defer to the majority, since I have never driven an SS.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I think on paper the new camaro is faster, but the old camaro ss was under rated from the factory. My buddy has a stock 01 ss and he puts down 325 rwhp and runs mid 13s on street tires. He has beaten many stock camaro ss(new) but it may be the driver mod.
    2013 WRX SWP Sedan 1600 miles!

i raced new camaro (the toy looking one)
    camaro guy start playing his car around me. he race and then brake. he wanted to test out his new camaro.
    his girl friend lower the black window and smile on me. 3 way lane were empty and next we were waiting for the green light to come on. he did launch his car but i just race my car (no launch) i went to max speed 70.
    i smoked him really bad. he was way behind me and then he turn left.

mine is hatch 2013 cobb stage 2 (my first race )

Quote Originally Posted by rajalucy View Post
    i raced new camaro (the toy looking one)
    camaro guy start playing his car around me. he race and then brake. he wanted to test out his new camaro.
    his girl friend lower the black window and smile on me. 3 way lane were empty and next we were waiting for the green light to come on. he did launch his car but i just race my car (no launch) i went to max speed 70.
    i smoked him really bad. he was way behind me and then he turn left.

mine is hatch 2013 cobb stage 2 (my first race )
    What country do you live in? Because if your English is that bad and you not only live in America, but also own a brand new stage 2 STi, I'm gonna punch myself in the face.

Sent from my Batphone using Tapatalk
    2012 WRB WRX hatch - TP Stage 3 - Racer X FMIC - GS EBCS - SF intake - Invidia turboback (Q300) - TurboSmart BPV - Morimoto 4500k retrofit - Miro 111 18x9.5
    2013 DCP FXT - TP Stage 2 - Perrin dp - STi catback - 2011 WRX wheels

Stink Eye Mob #XXIV

i owned wrx not sti
    if my english is bothring you then you can learn my language and stop ****ing about it

what the **** make you think english make you more inteligent
    if it does then go buy mustang
    not mishimoto or sushipingon
    i am sick and tired of ****ing bad english
    i tried hard to post with no mistakes
    can you try hard to understand

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by XTi24 View Post
    What country do you live in? Because if your English is that bad and you not only live in America, but also own a brand new stage 2 STi, I'm gonna punch myself in the face.

Sent from my Batphone using Tapatalk
    You should punch yourself in the face now.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

I Support ClubWRX
    once I drained my motor oil out of my wrx, I replaced the engine oil with pure manatee oil. I then strapped my car to the dyno, and I saw 444 HP out of an otherwise completely bone stock wrx at the rear wheels. Then I went out and smoked a gallardo and a bunch of honda civics. I gave some civics a shot at a race because you never know right? But some of them that had really nice paint I said not a chance, Im not even going to waste my gas on you clown doggie.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    once I drained my motor oil out of my wrx, I replaced the engine oil with pure manatee oil. I then strapped my car to the dyno, and I saw 444 HP out of an otherwise completely bone stock wrx at the rear wheels. Then I went out and smoked a gallardo and a bunch of honda civics. I gave some civics a shot at a race because you never know right? But some of them that had really nice paint I said not a chance, Im not even going to waste my gas on you clown doggie.
    I did somthing very similar, but I used the tears of sick orphened children to replace the motor oil and I ran a smooth 666 awhp on the dyno.
    Last edited by Doyen; 05-25-2013 at 11:25 PM.
    2013 WRX SWP Sedan 1600 miles!

I have a Stage 3 modified WRX that goes like hell and is super fun to drive. There's a yellow SS in my town that I've seen driving around. I usually hear it drive by when I'm getting gas. I would love to meet up with with it at a light. I'm not certain if I would demolish him or he would demolish me or an even race. Either outcome - it would be a fun experience!
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Premium) | EFI Logics Tuned Stage 3 | Cobb SF CAI | Invidia EL Race Header | Cobb Catted Downpipe | Borla CBE | PW TMIC | Grimmspeed EBCS | Grimmspeed AOS | DW 65C Fuel Pump | Grimmspeed Light Weight Pulley | SPT Short Shifter | JNA Front Lip | EPIC Performance Springs | SMY Cluster w/ Boost & Oil Pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Wussola View Post
    I have a Stage 3 modified WRX that goes like hell and is super fun to drive. There's a yellow SS in my town that I've seen driving around. I usually hear it drive by when I'm getting gas. I would love to meet up with with it at a light. I'm not certain if I would demolish him or he would demolish me or an even race. Either outcome - it would be a fun experience!
    Now that is car guy talk!! There will always be something faster....the fun is in the run!!
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

Quote Originally Posted by Purp View Post
    Being fast off the line doesn't mean much when that's all you got. Oh and we can drive in snow, honestly Ill take the trade off of performance for a car i can go moderately fast in and drive off road and in snow.
    Camaros are just to heavy and too bulky. Aerodynamics in my opinion of the wrx are much better then the boxy camaro shape. And i love the fact that i could take my wrx in the snow... id love to see a camaro off road let alone in snow...

Quote Originally Posted by stu25 View Post
    Camaros are just to heavy and too bulky. Aerodynamics in my opinion of the wrx are much better then the boxy camaro shape. And i love the fact that i could take my wrx in the snow... id love to see a camaro off road let alone in snow...
    I have never once heard "aerodynamics" and "WRX" in the same sentence before
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast