The Official I "Raced" A Camaro SS In My Lightly Modded WRX & Beat It!! Thread - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official I "Raced" A Camaro SS In My Lightly Modded WRX & Beat It!! Thread within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm not doubting your runs with the Camaro SS... but I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to the SS ...

I'm not doubting your runs with the Camaro SS... but I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to the SS also. You're probably the better driver...
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My best friend has a new SS. 0-60 i win every time but if we go from any type of a roll i have no chance. My 09 WRX motor is bone stock & so is his.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'd like to come up against a Camaro SS at the strip...

I saw a handful at the track and they couldnt drive worth sh*t !! I was expecting them to go a whole lot faster. With a good driver theres a difference. There was on the other hand, a BONE stock looking G8 ran an 11.99 and 12.0s all night. 700 HP on the dyno, talk about a sleeper ! Man !

HP numbers are on the rise again, just like the ol days ! Im lovin it !

---Joe---

Ive raced a Camaro both off the line and in a 35 roll. Off the line the 11 wrx has no problem pulling but once 4th gear hits your in the Camaros territory.. The 11's hold there own though in races, but straight line racing to means nothing. Tell a Camaro to see you on a track Especially a STi..

Quote Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
    on a roll, a camaro should have an advantage pulling trap speeds of 110mph in the end. but the wrx could hold its own.

how do you like the stage 1? i'm about to add that to my 11 rex.
    Stage one is just the access port tune right?
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twister8008 View Post
    Stage one is just the access port tune right?
    and or intake, and or cat-back

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have had a similiar experience with a new SS against my STI. I was very surprised.

The Camaro will also suck wind if the race entails any cornering. That is where the Vette really adds value.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

i have a 2012 tp stage 1 with intake and my bro has a ss2 426 hp 6 speed. dont forget the manuals have more hp than autos. we have yet to race since i know he will eat me alive cause he has headers, full exhaust, intake and diablo sport. once i go stage 2 i'll give it a whirl. when he rode in my car he said he was shocked how well it ran... my buddy is running a 11 rex with 342 to the wheels. he said he blows the doors off all the new muscle cars but then again it is a highly modded stage 2. there is a guy at the gym who just got a ss maybe i'll see if he wants to go...i also have a date with a 2006 gto so come on scooby lol
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

oh and no one freak out im not doing this on the street, there is a road by an old airport thats a mile long with no side streets out in the middle of the desert so its like the local drag strip. cops dont even mess with anyone cause they like the fact everyone goes out there rather than public roads.
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

Raced a few on the 1/8th at Omaha When i bogged down it was an even race. If i got a good launch i was a car infront. One of the SS drivers walked to my car when i parked it and popped the hood for it to cool down... He was looking around trying to figure out why i was beating him.

One thing i was surprised about was when i bogged down and they got the jump on me i would slowly creep on them at the end of the race.

At the time i was Stage 1.

Few weeks ago (now stage 2 TP) i was getting on the on ramp starting around 40 MPH and a new SS flew over 2 lanes to blow by me... it didn't happen and i ended up creeping about a car or 2 by 80 when i stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234 View Post
    Raced a few on the 1/8th at Omaha When i bogged down it was an even race. If i got a good launch i was a car infront. One of the SS drivers walked to my car when i parked it and popped the hood for it to cool down... He was looking around trying to figure out why i was beating him.

One thing i was surprised about was when i bogged down and they got the jump on me i would slowly creep on them at the end of the race.

At the time i was Stage 1.

Few weeks ago (now stage 2 TP) i was getting on the on ramp starting around 40 MPH and a new SS flew over 2 lanes to blow by me... it didn't happen and i ended up creeping about a car or 2 by 80 when i stopped.
    Ok...so this is what my experience has been (the highway part). I was coming home from the mall the other day, and a new SS with halo's lit was weaving in and out of traffic coming up behind me fast. When he got behind me, there was no open lane to go around so he tailed me for a couple of minutes. When the opportunity presented itself, I engaged in some spirited driving and got in front of the cluster of cars that had been blocking me before. He didn't follow right away, but did about 30 seconds later. I was watching for him, and I figured he would go balls to the wall when he got out in the open, so as soon as I saw the front of his car kick up I hit it. By the time he got next to me we were going the same speed and we remained dead even until we came up on a slight curve where he slowed down and lost about half a car. After the turn, I continued to slowly pull another car or so until I finally shut it down and he did a ricer flyby. I can only assume he was pissed. You mad, bro?

The part that didn't make sense to me is that I've had 3 runs with SS Camaros in the last 2 weeks (2 new, and one 1998-2002 body style). All of them have been from a roll, all of them have been on the highway. I pulled every time. I am only Cobb OTS Stage 1 with SF intake. There is no reason for me to be pulling on a Camaro SS after 80mph...none. Yet, on 3 separate occasions, with 3 different Camaros, and 3 different drivers, that's exactly what happened. What's wrong with their cars, or what's right with mine?

I also have been so fortunate to run a Cadillac XLR-V...twice...and beat them both. One was from a dig at a light, I didn't launch and still pulled half a car on the guy. The second was a different driver in a different part of town, getting on the highway, I was behind him and as soon as the on ramp straightened out, we both hit it. Dead even until I started slowly pulling on him and eventually pulled my front bumper to his driver door before he shut it down. That shouldn't happen. The XLR-V is a 443hp SUPERCHARGED V8 built on a Corvette frame...I should have gotten eaten alive. But I didn't...twice.

If it happened once, with one car, I would say he wasn't racing or driver mod or it was a rebadged slower car or something equally stupid...but 5 times with different cars/drivers and very similar results, I have to start considering the idea that my car is faster than it should be.

Sorry to derail the thread, but I just don't see how my car could possibly be that fast with nothing but intake and a tune. To hear other people have a similar experience, though, tells me that maybe it's possible.

I'll see if I can grab a pic or 2 of my neighbors ride, he's always up for a "run in" if any of you are in the westcentral OHIO area in your cars.

One of those vehicles that unless your a "car guy/gal" you really don't understand what just happened when he walks away from you.

He has a 2012 CTS-V wagon with a few extra goodies and a tune, makin' about 600hp at the crank. The car is just ridiculous

As for the Camaro SS stuff, virtually the same weight + 100 extra hp ..... just don't see the possibilities. From a dig, maybe for a bit, from a roll not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CHOPS View Post
    I'll see if I can grab a pic or 2 of my neighbors ride, he's always up for a "run in" if any of you are in the westcentral OHIO area in your cars.

One of those vehicles that unless your a "car guy/gal" you really don't understand what just happened when he walks away from you.

He has a 2012 CTS-V wagon with a few extra goodies and a tune, makin' about 600hp at the crank. The car is just ridiculous

As for the Camaro SS stuff, virtually the same weight + 100 extra hp ..... just don't see the possibilities. From a dig, maybe for a bit, from a roll not gonna happen.
    Cool. It's pretty easy to call a complete stranger a liar over the Internet without video proof.

Tell you what, I'll leave my GoPro hooked up in my car until the day I get another run with a Camaro SS. That'll be a bit harder to argue with.

And just for fun, how exactly is it that they are virtually the same weight? Lol

2012 WRX - 3,208lbs
    2012 Camaro SS - 3,849lbs

So, 641lbs has no affect on acceleration? LAWLZ

One more thing...

Who in here said they are looking to run a 600hp CTS-V? Haha. We drive WRXs, not Z06s...

Sent from my Batphone using Tapatalk
    2015 STi Launch Edition - Stock and awesome
    2013 DCP FXT - TP Stage 2 - Perrin dp - STi catback - 2011 WRX wheels

I was just at the drags I wasn't very impressed with the new camaro ss. They were running high 13s and mid to low 14s my buddy's 2000 camaro ss was beating them all by at least a second.
    2013 WRX SWP Sedan 1600 miles!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.