I test drove a Shelby GT500 and 2011 STi..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on I test drove a Shelby GT500 and 2011 STi..... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Erikjenkins11876 Uhhhh, go look at the specs for 2011 GT, it out handles the STi in every ...

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Erikjenkins11876 View Post
    Uhhhh, go look at the specs for 2011 GT, it out handles the STi in every catagory, albeit not by much, sorry you fail!!!

Mustang:TEST DATA
    Acceleration to mph
    0-30 1.6 sec
    0-40 2.5
    0-50 3.3
    0-60 4.3
    0-70 5.5
    0-80 6.9
    0-90 8.5
    0-100 10.3
    Passing, 45-65 mph 2.1
    Quarter mile 12.8 sec @ 110.8 mph
    Braking, 60-0 mph 105 ft
    Lateral acceleration 0.94 g (avg)
    MT figure eight 25.3 sec @ 0.75 g (avg)
    Top-gear revs @ 60 mph 1900 rpm

Read more: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium test numbers - Motor Trend

STi

2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Sedan
    Base price $34,720
    Price as Tested $36,520
    Drivetrain Front-engine, AWD, 5-pass, 4-door sedan
    Engine 2.5L/305-hp/290-lb-ft turbocharged DOHC 16-valve flat-4
    Transmission 6-speed manual
    Curb weight (f/r dist) 3362 lb (58/42%)
    Length x width x height 180.3 x 70.7 x 57.9 in
    0-60 mph 5.0 sec
    Quarter mile 13.8 sec @ 97.6 mph
    Braking, 60-0 mph 113 ft
    Lateral Acceleration 0.93 g (avg)
    MT Figure Eight 25.5 sec @ 0.73 g (avg)
    EPA city/hwy fuel econ 17/23 mpg
    CO2 emissions 1.01 lb/mile

Read more: 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Sedan Specs - Motor Trend
    If you can get close to those times in either car I'll be impressed. These numbers are not gospel and are usually achieved with the assistance of a professional driver. When YOU personally post times like this you come let me know
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Erikjenkins11876's Avatar
    Huh? When did I say in my post that I could achieve any performance benchmark in either vehicle? That's right, I didn't. You just proved the whole point of what I said, given equal drivers, the STi wouldn't even beat the GT Stang, let alone a Shelby. How do you even know I am not an SCCA solo champ, or local drag weekend warrior bracket winner? You don't, and I'm not hahaha, I am good on a drag strip, I am a rookie on a road course though lol. Used to cut 2.0 60" times in a FWD 3G Eclipse, and got that tub pretty much stock to do a 14.6@94MPH, on GOODYEAR RSA's street tires. I think I could take mine to the drag strip and probably pull at least 13.5 out of it as it sits, I'll never know though, I am dumping the stock tune before I get anywhere near a drag strip or road course!

The point of what I posted is meant to correct ignorance, before I speak ill of another car I at least like to know what they are capable of. In this case, if you say a Mustang can't handle, then you are saying an STi can't handle either, get it?

Yay paper racing!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    If you can get close to those times in either car I'll be impressed. When YOU personally post times like this you come let me know
    I am officially letting you know. (But is it cheating that I am currently under contract as a performance test driver at the Ford Proving Grounds??

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    I am officially letting you know. (But is it cheating that I am currently under contract as a performance test driver at the Ford Proving Grounds??
    You have been and always will be a wannabe...

Quote Originally Posted by Erikjenkins11876 View Post
    Huh? When did I say in my post that I could achieve any performance benchmark in either vehicle? That's right, I didn't. You just proved the whole point of what I said, given equal drivers, the STi wouldn't even beat the GT Stang, let alone a Shelby. How do you even know I am not an SCCA solo champ, or local drag weekend warrior bracket winner? You don't, and I'm not hahaha, I am good on a drag strip, I am a rookie on a road course though lol. Used to cut 2.0 60" times in a FWD 3G Eclipse, and got that tub pretty much stock to do a 14.6@94MPH, on GOODYEAR RSA's street tires. I think I could take mine to the drag strip and probably pull at least 13.5 out of it as it sits, I'll never know though, I am dumping the stock tune before I get anywhere near a drag strip or road course!

The point of what I posted is meant to correct ignorance, before I speak ill of another car I at least like to know what they are capable of. In this case, if you say a Mustang can't handle, then you are saying an STi can't handle either, get it?
    ...ok
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12