Subaru WRX Forum banner

2011 WRX vs 2011 MazdaSpeed 3

32K views 33 replies 24 participants last post by  EvilTwinf0f1 
#1 ·
I just got my 2011 wrx at the ending of last year december. My friend just got his 2011 MS3 just recently and he's been real cocky about wanting to race me. I know both of these two cars are a great match up but im not the type of guy to show off. Any info between these two cars by performance? or had experience with these two? Thanks

#34 ·
I currently have a 2008 regular Mazda 3. I already have problems with torque steer and poor traction under hard acceleration. I can't imagine how much worse the problem would be with 100 more HP, although I guess the stiffer suspension would help somewhat. When I bought the car, I considered the MS3, but I felt that it would be pointless to get a car that powerful with FWD.

The interior of the Mazda is a little nicer. I have the Grand Touring edition, which has some cool extras, like pretty nice leather seats, automatic HID headlights, rain sensing wipers, and Bose audio. The HU on the WRX is total cr*p, but I understand that can be fixed fairly cheaply, which will be the first thing I do when I get mine.

One thing I can't understand about that WRX is why they couldn't put a digital readout on the climate control, opting instead for that dial with temperature printed on it. It really makes the interior look cheap. In fact, I don't know why they didn't just use the climate control and HU from the Outback. I can't believe that would add a lot to the price. I'll already be spending $28k on the car. I'd gladly pay $500 more for the Outback interior

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.