2011 WRX stock vs 2004-ish SRT-4 Stage II
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX stock vs 2004-ish SRT-4 Stage II within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just had to post this, as I found it very entertaining ... Coming home on a 4 lane road the ...

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar

2011 WRX stock vs 2004-ish SRT-4 Stage II

Just had to post this, as I found it very entertaining ...

Coming home on a 4 lane road the SRT-4 came flying up beside me, blasted his BOV several times, and hung by my side as we came to a light. Looked over and waved nicely at the 20-something driving it while he smiled back (nicely) while revving his motor. I had no intention to race him, and so when the light changed I started off normally, just rolling off and shifting around 3000 rpms. Here is where I need to mention that it had just rained. While I casually drove off I could hear him totally WOT - and more or less just skidding forward (and a bit left). After I had easily come to 55-60 and then cruised for a bit he finally came roaring by. Later at a light he motioned to chat, and in the 30 seconds that the light allowed he told me he "was Stage 2 but just couldn't get any traction." I told him his car sounded great and that I always liked SRT-4s, and when the light changed I launched without a hint of slip and watched him fade before I exited.

Ah, the joys of AWD. The grip really is amazing - I don't think I would ever want to live with high HP and FWD - just seems like an avoidable complication!
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sweet!! AWD owns. I had a torquey Spec V that lost traction at every single intersection after it rained. Then I bought my 04 Rex and loved it. Did I mention I loved it...lol.

That sounds like my buddy, he has a SS HHR and it is running about 24psi along with a bunch of bolt on goodies and on dry pavement doing 40-50mph he can gear down and light the tires up, and from a dig it is even worse.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.