2011 WRX stock vs 2004-ish SRT-4 Stage II

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX stock vs 2004-ish SRT-4 Stage II within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just had to post this, as I found it very entertaining ... Coming home on a 4 lane road the ...

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar

2011 WRX stock vs 2004-ish SRT-4 Stage II

Just had to post this, as I found it very entertaining ...

Coming home on a 4 lane road the SRT-4 came flying up beside me, blasted his BOV several times, and hung by my side as we came to a light. Looked over and waved nicely at the 20-something driving it while he smiled back (nicely) while revving his motor. I had no intention to race him, and so when the light changed I started off normally, just rolling off and shifting around 3000 rpms. Here is where I need to mention that it had just rained. While I casually drove off I could hear him totally WOT - and more or less just skidding forward (and a bit left). After I had easily come to 55-60 and then cruised for a bit he finally came roaring by. Later at a light he motioned to chat, and in the 30 seconds that the light allowed he told me he "was Stage 2 but just couldn't get any traction." I told him his car sounded great and that I always liked SRT-4s, and when the light changed I launched without a hint of slip and watched him fade before I exited.

Ah, the joys of AWD. The grip really is amazing - I don't think I would ever want to live with high HP and FWD - just seems like an avoidable complication!
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP OTS Stage 1 93, STS (the dream comes true ...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sweet!! AWD owns. I had a torquey Spec V that lost traction at every single intersection after it rained. Then I bought my 04 Rex and loved it. Did I mention I loved it...lol.

That sounds like my buddy, he has a SS HHR and it is running about 24psi along with a bunch of bolt on goodies and on dry pavement doing 40-50mph he can gear down and light the tires up, and from a dig it is even worse.