2011 wrx vs 2011 135i - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx vs 2011 135i within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The best thing about the new 135i is it being single turbo and twin scroll or w/e..The older versions were ...

The best thing about the new 135i is it being single turbo and twin scroll or w/e..The older versions were all twin turbo but the newer one is said to make more power and less turbo lagg, atleast thats what the dude told me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I like the twin turbo's much better. The older twin turbo take to modding very well. Some dudes were beating much more expensive cars with very simple mods. If I had the dough I would get a twin turbo 335xi any day. The turbo lag on these cars is almost non-existent. Very fun car to drive.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

I don't think that I would ever buy a BMW Germany might make some great motors and suspension but there electronic suck, I don't think I've ever drove a BMW new are used that didn't have some kind of CEL, seat belt, abs, or some kind of alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by sjcurtis View Post
    I don't think that I would ever buy a BMW Germany might make some great motors and suspension but there electronic suck, I don't think I've ever drove a BMW new are used that didn't have some kind of CEL, seat belt, abs, or some kind of alarm.
    Thank you for your "contribution" to this thread.

My 2004 STi totally blew away a 2011 135i. Came to a light side by side on a road that narrows to one lane close ahead. I was stopped, he rolled up as the light turned green and he pinned it. Pissed me off, but the next light the lanes were side by side for a while. This ass and his girlfriend were beaming like the just won something. I smiles and motioned my head toward the traffic light. He nodded. At green he had no clue what just happened to him. He tried to go but was it was nowhere near close. A good launch and two great shifts quickly left him more than several car lengths behind, before I backed off the throttle. Yes, my STi has Turbo back exhaust mods, modified boost settings and a K&N air filter. I loved the look on his face at the next light. ;-)

Want a nice stock car, get the BMW. Want a fun car with more left to give, get the STi. If you get the BMW, pull behind me at the light, you WILL be embarrassed if you try to go next to me!

brucedd - Naperville, IL

Great story!
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SPT2011 View Post
    Ok so I beat him on a 20 roll I was really surprised I was a car length ahead
    Huh?

What'd you get for your honda when you traded it in for your wrx?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Huh?

What'd you get for your honda when you traded it in for your wrx?
    Joe Biden's testicles, that is all.

They make decent power but they are entry luxury cars that are trying to be sports sedans. Anything other then the m3's will get owned by a WRX or STi with very little done to it. I traded my current generation BMW E90 sedan for the 2011 WRX and couldn't be happier.

Ive worked at a bmw dealership and they are impressive cars until your electronics break or you realize that you arent walking out of the dealership without at least a $500 bill. id take a wrx or sti over a bmw any day they are way more fun to drive and work on

I Support ClubWRX
    I drove the 135i and STI back to back yesterday. The 135i pulls much harder to me than the STI. I agree that if you keep cars a long time, the BMW might try to kill you with all the electroncs and repair bills.

I have owned many of them but none longer than 3 years and all of them have served me well. But I would not own one that is out of waranty.

I really love the look of the STI 5 door, it is one really Hot Hatch!!!!.........Steve
    Ferrari F430/BMW X5 M/Need a Hot hatch!!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    The 135 pulls harder? Interesting feedback.. I've driven neither, so I have to live through you guys!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    The 135 pulls harder? Interesting feedback.. I've driven neither, so I have to live through you guys!
    It feels that way to me, but it could be that the STI has such a short first gear that you really have to be quick into second before bouncing off the rev limiter. This is based on my single test drive of the STI. I have tested both the 135i and the 335i and they just keep pulling.......Steve
    Ferrari F430/BMW X5 M/Need a Hot hatch!!!!!

Yea, on paper the 135i and the wrx/sti are identical 0-60 and quarter mile times. But really the sti or wrx will pull harder then the 135i (personally tested it my buddy owns a 135i). The 2011 135i is also BMW's fastest model compared to the older 135 and 335 models cuz of its single turbo with twin scroll.
    11WRX Ltd - COBB Stage 2+AEM HWG 93 Octane
    COBB Downpipe - SPT Exhaust - AEM Intake
    Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT - JL Audio W6v2 & XD600/1

they are definitely close. but the pull feels different on a 135 cause its rwd. if you drive a 335i xdrive thats manual is feels a lot more like an sti and pulls pretty close. if you get a chance try a 335d that thing just keeps pulling the only thing ive driven that pulls harder then that is a GT-R but thats a completely different beast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast