2007 stock Wrx vs 2006 Mustang GT - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on 2007 stock Wrx vs 2006 Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I beat a mustang gt by a half a car 2 years ago up at bandimere speedway and all i ...

I beat a mustang gt by a half a car 2 years ago up at bandimere speedway and all i had was tbe and a tune, at that time iwas dynoed at 203whp and i took him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Erikjenkins11876's Avatar
    Yeah, new Mustangs are faster than a WRX/Sti in every way unless you are well past stage two and have some suspension goodies. It handles better (.95 on a skid pad versus the Sti's .89, figure 8 in 25 seconds flat vs the Sti's 26), does the quarter in the high 12's@110MPH (high 11's on slicks), and believe or not is still rocking a stick axle out back. I looked long and hard at one, but I needed more utility. That, and they are having some serious tranny issues with the 6-speed getrag (tranny+made in china=JUNK).

Quote Originally Posted by Erikjenkins11876 View Post
    Yeah, new Mustangs are faster than a WRX/Sti in every way unless you are well past stage two and have some suspension goodies. It handles better (.95 on a skid pad versus the Sti's .89, figure 8 in 25 seconds flat vs the Sti's 26), does the quarter in the high 12's@110MPH (high 11's on slicks), and believe or not is still rocking a stick axle out back. I looked long and hard at one, but I needed more utility. That, and they are having some serious tranny issues with the 6-speed getrag (tranny+made in china=JUNK).
    Why did they steer away from the Tremec T-56? That thing has been holding up Viper V10 power for almost two decades now and I'm sure it could hold the HP and torque from the 412 hp/390 ft-lb 5.0 V8.
    - 2013 BRZ Limited, WRB, manual
    - 2002 WRX WRB Sport Wagon (Stage 1) SOLD
    - 1968 Mercury Cougar w/ custom 331ci stroker & 5-spd
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4
    ~Best 1/4 mi Trap Speed: 109mph

Registered User Erikjenkins11876's Avatar
    I'd imagine it was a cost savings measure. The shifter action is awesome with the getrag so the press loved it, but they have had problems with the clutch sticking during high loads and the tranny stripping gears, kinda like the older WRXs. The t56 is rumored to replace the getrag next year. Those things will hold loads of power, just look at how many terminators are at 600hp+. The new fords are very impressive, albeit, pricier than before.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.