2007 stock Wrx vs 2006 Mustang GT - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 64

This is a discussion on 2007 stock Wrx vs 2006 Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX Is this common with those of you that have newer models? Bugeyes and Blobbies almost always ...

  1. #31
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,495
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Is this common with those of you that have newer models? Bugeyes and Blobbies almost always return a wave for me.
    For me it isn't. The people in the newer models are usually not paying attention and I'm not sure they know what the former models look like. Not a lot of them come to our local meets either. We have a guy with an '11 STi that shows up but other than that '09 is the most recent MY that comes consistently on Thursdays.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    12,678
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I wave to everyone...90% success rate.
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Is this common with those of you that have newer models? Bugeyes and Blobbies almost always return a wave for me.
    I'd holla at you, Ray.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  4. #33
    Registered User WillieRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CO Mountains
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Is this common with those of you that have newer models? Bugeyes and Blobbies almost always return a wave for me.
    Honestly dont know, i have waved on many occasions to newer and older WRX (or STi) models alike. Maybe get 25% return wave rate.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

  5. #34
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    12,678
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Ugg, some tool kept trying to race me at lunch today with a SN95 GT and a catless exhaust.

    He kept stopping at lights, revving his engine, and peeling out from the lights. Finally, I was at the light with him, he revved his engine, I revved back, the light went green, and he took off. Guess he didn't see the cop sitting at the light like I did. Bam, got pulled over. I just waved as I went by! LMAO!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  6. #35
    Registered User WillieRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CO Mountains
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Ugg, some tool kept trying to race me at lunch today with a SN95 GT and a catless exhaust.

    He kept stopping at lights, revving his engine, and peeling out from the lights. Finally, I was at the light with him, he revved his engine, I revved back, the light went green, and he took off. Guess he didn't see the cop sitting at the light like I did. Bam, got pulled over. I just waved as I went by! LMAO!
    Ah, the joys...
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

  7. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Prince Albert SK
    Posts
    89
    alright sooo if anyones interested here i answered my own question. lost by a car length in a 1/4 mile. not too shabby compared to 230 horse vs 300

  8. #37
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    12,678
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Habbyy View Post
    alright sooo if anyones interested here i answered my own question. lost by a car length in a 1/4 mile. not too shabby compared to 230 horse vs 300
    Break it down for us!

    1/4 mile ET:
    R/T:
    60':
    Trap:
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  9. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Prince Albert SK
    Posts
    89
    i just used a marked off track we had. no real times i beleive my 1/4 mile was around 15 seconds though

  10. #39
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,905
    I Support ClubWRX


    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Break it down for us!
    1/4 mile ET:
    R/T:
    60':
    Trap:
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  11. #40
    Registered User WillieRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CO Mountains
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by Habbyy View Post
    alright sooo if anyones interested here i answered my own question. lost by a car length in a 1/4 mile. not too shabby compared to 230 horse vs 300
    So many conditions that affect the outcome of a race, alot of it is driver input/ability, weather conditions, ambient temperature, track conditions, etc... Im not a fan of "On Paper Racing", for exampkle car has such amount HP/ft-lbs vs another such amount HP/ft-lbs, therefore one will automatically be faster.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

  12. #41
    Registered User 2002SubieWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Seattle area
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieRX View Post
    So many conditions that affect the outcome of a race, alot of it is driver input/ability, weather conditions, ambient temperature, track conditions, etc... Im not a fan of "On Paper Racing", for exampkle car has such amount HP/ft-lbs vs another such amount HP/ft-lbs, therefore one will automatically be faster.
    Bench racing is always fun but real world numbers and timeslips are where it's at.

    Back in the day before I ever saw track time I thought my 1968 Cougar with a tired 302 and Cherry Bomb mufflers would run 13s. My best time was a 14.7 at 93mph, and that was power shifting all 3 shifts! It wasn't until I put in a built 331 with aluminum heads, 4.10 posi and 5-sp that I ran the 13.00.
    - 2013 BRZ Limited, WRB, manual
    - 2002 WRX WRB Sport Wagon (Stage 1) SOLD
    - 1968 Mercury Cougar w/ custom 331ci stroker & 5-spd
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4
    ~Best 1/4 mi Trap Speed: 109mph

  13. #42
    Registered User WillieRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CO Mountains
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002SubieWRX View Post
    Bench racing is always fun but real world numbers and timeslips are where it's at.

    Back in the day before I ever saw track time I thought my 1968 Cougar with a tired 302 and Cherry Bomb mufflers would run 13s. My best time was a 14.7 at 93mph, and that was power shifting all 3 shifts! It wasn't until I put in a built 331 with aluminum heads, 4.10 posi and 5-sp that I ran the 13.00.
    Exactly. I actually had my first crack at racing last year. Shortly before then, I was watching other cars with comparable power numbers and mods run down the track (PMP, 4500-5000 ft).

    Mainly I was comparing between an acquaintances 2001 Mustang Cobra. He kept on talking garbage about my vette, and I gave him the "We shall see at the track." remark every time. On Paper, his car and mine had similar power numbers, So when his best were only mid-upper 15s, i was thinking I would be in that range. Well, I had my crack at it, my first run ever was a 14.71 @ 97 mph, so i was actually surprised. So, Cobra driver stopped talking crap. (Right now, best time on the Vette at PMP last year was 14.59 @ 99 mph, with stock tune, full tank of gas, and loss of traction every time i shifted gears.) My new goal is lower 14s with a fresh tune on the vette and skills learned from last year. And when I rebuild the car, Im aiming for 12s at high altitude.

    I dont like talking garbage and try to uphold my "Good Sport" principles, whether I win or lose a race, I compliment the other driver and maybe even chat it up.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

  14. #43
    Registered User 2002SubieWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Seattle area
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieRX View Post
    Right now, best time on the Vette at PMP last year was 14.59 @ 99 mph, with stock tune, full tank of gas, and loss of traction every time i shifted gears.
    Wow I didn't realize the elevation change would make that much of a difference. A stock C5 should run in the high 13s if I recall correctly. I thought that much of an elevation change would make maybe a 1/2 second difference in the 1/4 mile.

    Those Cobras are fast though. A guy I used to work with had one with full Basani exhaust that sounded mean. We rolled on the freeway and it was pretty much dead even from about 45 to 85. I think I would take him off the line cuz the IRS is rather touchy for launching. My posi just hooks and goes.
    - 2013 BRZ Limited, WRB, manual
    - 2002 WRX WRB Sport Wagon (Stage 1) SOLD
    - 1968 Mercury Cougar w/ custom 331ci stroker & 5-spd
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4
    ~Best 1/4 mi Trap Speed: 109mph

  15. #44
    Registered User 2002SubieWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Seattle area
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieRX View Post
    I dont like talking garbage and try to uphold my "Good Sport" principles, whether I win or lose a race, I compliment the other driver and maybe even chat it up.
    It's important to keep it fun. Really, who cares if another guy has a faster car? There's always someone with a faster car to put them to shame. I bet you felt good when you ran a much faster time than the Cobra guy. My friend has a '93 RX7 with minor mods. His car is faster than my Cougar on the freeway (better aero, lighter, turbo) but he can't launch it right. When we ran head to head at the drag strip, I destroyed him.
    - 2013 BRZ Limited, WRB, manual
    - 2002 WRX WRB Sport Wagon (Stage 1) SOLD
    - 1968 Mercury Cougar w/ custom 331ci stroker & 5-spd
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4
    ~Best 1/4 mi Trap Speed: 109mph

  16. #45
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,905
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002SubieWRX View Post
    Really, who cares if another guy has a faster car?
    Wisdom.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •